IGNORED

Have You Got A Story To Tell?

tompo

one of my most memorable goals is the winner against hartlepool in the play-off semi final 2nd leg at home

i can't remember who scored it (i think christian roberts or marc goodfellow) but ashton gate was rocking and i remember getting my lift back thinking 'oh my god, we can go up'

I remember mike Thresher running after an opposition player who had made the mistake of fouling him.

After a long chase all over the field Mike reached him when he had the ball.

The poor guy rose into the air and fell in a crumpled heap as Mikes steamroller tackle went in slightly after the ball had gone.

You could hear the crowd muttering "bloody hell he wont be fouling Thresher again".

Actually I thought he wouldn't be fouling anyone again.

The ref saw nothing.

The best memory i have from the gate is Joe Jordan scoring in the FA cup for all of 40 yards back in the days when he was player manager.

Apparently he said after the game that he legs wouldnt carry him any more and the wasnt anybody on so he just went for goal.

Well he was getting on a bit at the time pushing 40 if i remember correclty i cant remember the oppisotion though.

My earliest memory of AG is at about 6 or 7 years old having a coke outside the Whitning Yard back in the 70's and then walking to the Gate to watch City play against St mirren in the Anglo Scottish cup final.

Cheered when City scored in the first half (i think) and then after half time St mirren scored and I cheered again - not realising that the teams changed ends at half time - doh!

Fondest City Memory was watching City beat Bolton in the Freight Rover Trophy Final 3-0, just walking down Wembley way and watching, Howard Pricthard, Glyn Riley et al dominate a robust Bolton side (god memory does funny things to you)

one of my most memorable goals is the winner against hartlepool in the play-off semi final 2nd leg at home

i can't remember who scored it (i think christian roberts or marc goodfellow) but ashton gate was rocking and i remember getting my lift back thinking 'oh my god, we can go up'

Roberts. Priceless.

Archived