IGNORED

Lita

bcfcrobin

Hmm seems the post got removed from the Charlton forum.....basically a charlton fan tonight sat next to Orr and Murray, Lita was also there with some other guy (the poster presumed he was Lita's agent). After having a chat with Lita the poster said that Lita had given him the wink to say that he was moving to Charlton.

Would this prob be a loan if he did move or is it still possible for him to move for a fee (and we would gain from the sell on fee)?

Guest Eamer

Charlton really are going for it now. They've brought in two pacey attacking players with a lot of talent. When is the loan deadline?

Pardew seems to be one of those managers who needs at least a dozen strikers if he's going to succeed. Quite how he's going to pick 2 from those to play I'm not sure.

Johnson seems able to get the best out of a smaller set of strikers but one which has a wide range of abilities, from the strength of Adebola to the mercurial skills of Trundle to the poaching of Byfield.

If you look at the top level in England then it seems to me that the top 3 clubs prefer Johnson's strategy: Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea have only a few strikers each, backed up by a number of goalscoring midfielders.

Obviously I can't say our attack is perfect when it's clearly quite weak compared to other clubs in this division, but I do think that Johnson's policy of having a few strikers of varying attributes is better than Pardew's policy of signing lots of similar players in the hope that one or two will succeed. The league table seems to back this view up.

Pardew seems to be one of those managers who needs at least a dozen strikers if he's going to succeed. Quite how he's going to pick 2

Obviously I can't say our attack is perfect when it's clearly quite weak compared to other clubs in this division, but I do think that Johnson's policy of having a few strikers of varying attributes is better than Pardew's policy of signing lots of similar players in the hope that one or two will succeed. The league table seems to back this view up.

Quite right too Dan and I'd add that Johnson has a far greater ability to motivate his squad and get them to share his vision by working harder than their opponents.

City's fitness levels are fantastic and it's rare for any of our players to go missing during matches.

Gary possesses Cloughie-like powers to turn what our detractors perceive as 'ordinary' players into a highly drilled unit that won't accept defeat.

Under Johnson, City are relentless.

Didn't GJ say we enquired about taking Lita on loan in January, but Reading weren't interested in any sort of loan deal?

They appear to have changed their minds.

I thought it was Sl at the Q&A session in the pub in London, but yes you are defo right, they did.

Perhaps they were just trying to get a permanent signing, rather than loaning him out, but now the 31/01 has been and gone they just want him off of their pay roll.

Thank you City! Do you really need to be a goal down before you turn it on! :worship2: Once again Ivan Sproule is taken off. He has not been performing for the last three games. He is nothing like he was in the first 8 games of the season after his ban? :unsure:

Maybe time for Wilson or Scott Murray to take over here for a while with Carey coming back with Bradley? Elliot and Johnson really turned it on in the second half. Both McIndoe and our Captain were also fantastic. :clap:

Now for Mr Holloway after the gift we gave him at the Gate? Three points would be a 'diamond' for us with Watford coming on Wednesday evening :sun:

Already saving up for my new season ticket so far without a 'moan' and happy to do so if you continue to lead the way and make us proud to be supporters of Bristol City :city:

A.T.

This 'EMERGENCY' loan system is a complete and utter joke.

What 'EMERGENCY' have Charlton got? other than not being good enough for the top 2, they have around 23 strikers on their books and they want another one (can't count Mcleod as he was allowed to go out on loan).

I am sure there was a club from the lower divisions earlier on in the season that desperately needed a player due to injuries/suspension and they were refused. One rule for one and one rules for another.

BCAGFC

Good player on his day, but clearly a 'panic buy' from Pardew.

Iwelumo, Varney, Todorov, Gray, Sinclair and now Lita?! There are only ten games left, when are they all going to play!?

And for all Leroy's talent he's a stroppy bastard, not exactly the type of player you would expect to unite a dressing room!

Plus he's not played since Feb 2nd, so who's to say he's match fit/sharp? 28 days is not much time to get up to speed.

Good luck to him and all, but can't see it totally changing their season around.

So thats Murray, Golbourne and Lita, gone from City to Reading and moved on. Another young fullback, was it Rosenior. Anyway, there is a pattern.

The fact that SL admitted trying to get Lita in on loan is interesting. SL had Leroy in his plans, so its possible he may still be an option at seasons end. Who knows, he may have grown up a bit, learned a lesson after a season in the wilderness. Lita running off of Ade would be intriguing, as it was when he was running off of Brooker, who is still only 26.

Archived