IGNORED

This Block Of 10 Then?

MarcusX

Right, well looking so far at this block of ten the next few games don't bode well....

Sheff Wed H 2-1

S****horpe A 1-0

Crystal Palace H 1-1

Colchester A 2-1

Hull H 2-1

Charlton A 1-1

We've taken 14 points from 6 games, thats brilliant, but lets hope we don't stick to our consistency of 17 points every 10 games.

Its possible, draws against leicester, cardiff and plymouth and lose to watford.

Realistically though, we could be looking at 20 points, another 6? 1 win and 3 draws/2 wins 2 defeats. Both are likely

I reckon we'll take 7 more points personally, i can see us beating two of leicester/cardiff/plymouth and possibly losing to watford.

However, i feel the last two will be based around the first 2.

If we beat leicester then watford, then i reckon we'll win all 4.

If we lost the first 2, then i cant see us getting much from the last 2.

currently 6 games unbeaten, if we avoid defeat in the next 4 then i can see us lasting for definate and no way would be drop out

However, i feel the last two will be based around the first 2.

If we beat leicester then watford, then i reckon we'll win all 4.

If we lost the first 2, then i cant see us getting much from the last 2.

currently 6 games unbeaten, if we avoid defeat in the next 4 then i can see us lasting for definate and no way would be drop out

Too much analysis. That's why Gary just focuses on the next game to come. True, he has set out his stall with the aim of 6 wins from our last 10 but the next game is what's important. Leicester and three points. 5 pm Saturday. 68 pts. Lovely. Points dropped by Stoke & Watford? Lovely too. One match at a time. That's the ticket. I've got mine!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

Too much analysis. That's why Gary just focuses on the next game to come. True, he has set out his stall with the aim of 6 wins from our last 10 but the next game is what's important. Leicester and three points. 5 pm Saturday. 68 pts. Lovely. Points dropped by Stoke & Watford? Lovely too. One match at a time. That's the ticket. I've got mine!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

Agreed just one at a time and let the others do the worrying . Nice to see G.J up the comments in the press and on various news items about pressure on the other teams to catch us if you can .

Ferguson tricks me thinks , good ol G.J.

Cardiff have little left to play for and are unlikely to trouble either end of the table. Leicester are poor so a victory is a definite possibility. Plymouth are playing well and we know Watford are tough. I'd be happy with six points as long as three come against Watford, unlikely but we have the capability to take 8+.

'Agreed just one at a time and let the others do the worrying . Nice to see G.J up the comments in the press and on various news items about pressure on the other teams to catch us if you can .

Ferguson tricks me thinks , good ol G.J.'

Too right. The beauty of our position now is that we are top, but still the underdogs. No huge squad of nervous 'stars', no big ego loanees, no bottomless pit of cash....and no-one believes we can do it...except us.

Survival was hoped for, now play-offs expected and auto quite possible. The pressure on us was to stay in this division...now it looks like we could get out of it through a different exit than most had us down for.

'We are City...We are City...Johnson is our King!'

Look at it this way...

We have 10 games left.

We have picked up points at a rate of 1.8 per game over the entire season thus far.

If we pick up points at precisely the same rate over the next 10 games as we have over the previous 36, we will have 18 more points.

We currently have 65 points.

65+18 = 83

83 points will be enough for automatic promotion.

Look at it this way...

We have 10 games left.

We have picked up points at a rate of 1.8 per game over the entire season thus far.

If we pick up points at precisely the same rate over the next 10 games as we have over the previous 36, we will have 18 more points.

65+18 = 83

mate, that is the most sincinct (sic) post ive read all season about our chances of promo.

Any doubter (and there arent many) should read this.

It deserves its own thread.

Look at it this way...

We have 10 games left.

65+18 = 83

the past 3 seasons 2nd have had 90, 87 and 86 points... however i agree that this year with 83 we should go up automatically, every time i look at the table in a paper or on sky sports news i get excited!!!

I just did the prediction thing on the BBC website again. Maybe I have underestimated the other contenders a little but I got us finishing top on 86 points, winning 6 of our remaining games (which, I believe, is Gary's current target), but losing at Stoke and drawing with Cardiff, Watford and Leicester.

I don't think that is unattainable at all and looking at the fixtures also highlighted to me that the other top sides have to play each other a few times too (Watford v Stoke, Charlton v West Brom, West Brom v Watford).

The only two matches I'm worried about right now (and being a bit of a statto this is unusual for me...) is our next two. Here's why...

Watford don't play the weekend and are three points behind us.

If we can beat the Foxes on saturday and the Hornets on tuesday we'll be 9 points ahead of them (although they will have a game in hand) with just 8 games left to play.

After that they must play Stoke, Plymouth, West Brom, Hull and Palace in their remaining 9 matches and I'd be mighty surprised it they could put together the sort of run they would need to overtake us.

Yesterday put 9 points between us and Charlton, makng it pretty tough for them to overtake us in the games left. If we do that to Watford then it'll mean only WBA and Stoke can likely finish above us, something we have a say in due to our match at the Britannia.

Win the next two and we'll be in the driving seat.

the past 3 seasons 2nd have had 90, 87 and 86 points... however i agree that this year with 83 we should go up automatically, every time i look at the table in a paper or on sky sports news i get excited!!!

True.

But you don't need to look at what the second placed team actually got, you need to look at what they actually needed.

For example, in 05/06 Sheffield United came second with 90 points, but third placed Watford only got 81.

Looking at the form of all the teams this season, 83 will almost certainly be enough, as you say.

The only two matches I'm worried about right now (and being a bit of a statto this is unusual for me...) is our next two. Here's why...

Watford don't play the weekend and are three points behind us.

If we can beat the Foxes on saturday and the Hornets on tuesday we'll be 9 points ahead of them (although they will have a game in hand) with just 8 games left to play.

After that they must play Stoke, Plymouth, West Brom, Hull and Palace in their remaining 9 matches and I'd be mighty surprised it they could put together the sort of run they would need to overtake us.

Yesterday put 9 points between us and Charlton, makng it pretty tough for them to overtake us in the games left. If we do that to Watford then it'll mean only WBA and Stoke can likely finish above us, something we have a say in due to our match at the Britannia.

Win the next two and we'll be in the driving seat.

Like this and a real possibility . With WBA , as said many times caught up in the F.A cup with our much loved neighbours and the hope of a replay , which again is a possibility things could look very rosy Saturday evening .

As I said just now on another post , Watford will be shi* scared to lose at the Gate next week and may look to just not lose the game to keep them in some sort of contention with us for the last seven / eight games.

Looking at our season, we have won half our matches, drawn nearly one third, and lost round one game in 5.

With 10 matches remaining, we win 5, draw 3 and lose 2 for 18 points = 83.

The same result as Edson, using different maths.

On Leicester, they have the best defensive record in the Championship, unfortunately they have one of the worst goal scoring records. We are top of the division, because we have won more games and lost less games than any other team.

So thats how its done ?

Looking at our season, we have won half our matches, drawn nearly one third, and lost round one game in 5.

With 10 matches remaining, we win 5, draw 3 and lose 2 for 18 points = 83.

The same result as Edson, using different maths.

On Leicester, they have the best defensive record in the Championship, unfortunately they have one of the worst goal scoring records. We are top of the division, because we have won more games and lost less games than any other team.

So thats how its done ?

I can get an even better result.

The points return thus far includes the period where we didn't have Carle or Adebola.

Since signing Dele we've got a record of W4 D2 L1, which is 2 points per game.

Extend that to the end of the season and we have 85 points. More than enough.

The points return thus far includes the period where we didn't have Carle or Adebola.

Carey's back, can we add some points?!

I just might consider you for adoption. You have to be in the Bahamas in January

Archived