IGNORED

Trundle.

bransonmo

Lita commented about his frustration with lack of opportunies with Reading. He wants to play some football !

Trundle is definately in the same situation. Depending on formation, he is behind Ade, Byfield, Carle and Noble, relegated to a few end of match cameo's. His face often has the deadpan look of sadness. He try's to mask his feelings, but it must be very very hard for him to be out of the starting eleven.

Even worse, he has lost his God like status at Swansea and now sees his old club almost odds on to join the Championship next season. Remember Murray left for Reading and soon came home to City. Does anyone think Trundle might return to Swansea, especially if they get their likely promotion.

Swansea didn't get out of L1 with him, first season without him they do.

They will probably look at it like most championship clubs and see him as someone who didn't cut it at the Championship .....yet.

I agree, he is starting to look extremely forelorn and just hope that he gets his chance again really soon(although difficult to see how), as he is a really nice guy and does have undoubted talent, just doesn't have confidence or the rub of the green at the mo.

Lita commented about his frustration with lack of opportunies with Reading. He wants to play some football !

Trundle is definately in the same situation. Depending on formation, he is behind Ade, Byfield, Carle and Noble, relegated to a few end of match cameo's. His face often has the deadpan look of sadness. He try's to mask his feelings, but it must be very very hard for him to be out of the starting eleven.

Even worse, he has lost his God like status at Swansea and now sees his old club almost odds on to join the Championship next season. Remember Murray left for Reading and soon came home to City. Does anyone think Trundle might return to Swansea, especially if they get their likely promotion.

If we get promoted I think he will certainly be on his way. Probably will if we don't - but not sure if Swansea would have him if they get to the Championship. It's a shame when things don't work out great for 'big money' moves, but he's played a part in our campaign thus far and may still get the chance to bang a couple more in. To parallel the Lita situation - Trundle would, I thnk, most likely end up dropping back a division, as did Scotty.

If we get promoted I think he will certainly be on his way. Probably will if we don't - but not sure if Swansea would have him if they get to the Championship. It's a shame when things don't work out great for 'big money' moves, but he's played a part in our campaign thus far and may still get the chance to bang a couple more in. To parallel the Lita situation - Trundle would, I thnk, most likely end up dropping back a division, as did Scotty.

I'm sure they would have him back if only for the feelgood and the extra revenue he will provide.

Also seems a really nice guy. A few of our past players with a lot less talent could learn from his attitude and humility

I'm sure they would have him back if only for the feelgood and the extra revenue he will provide.

Also seems a really nice guy. A few of our past players with a lot less talent could learn from his attitude and humility

Spot on, Trundles attitide is 2nd to none IMO, ive noticed when ever he is on the bench and warming up at half time he ALWAYS makes an effort to goto every player as they come out for the 2nd half....... Top bloke!!

Oh and i have a funny feeling he is going to pull something out of the bag............ At Cardiff!!

I'm not being negative but ........

Has LT large transfer fee been his down fall. I am a hudge fan and am gutted that his time at City has not gone well and in our current position I fear that LT will not get another chance. But strikers will always be judged on goals and he hasn't scored enough goals to justify his place which is fair enough.

However, our current formation is 4-4-1-1 with Nick Carle being a support striker with Dele. Nick Carle has yet to score but hasn't received any flake for this due to what else he brings to the team.

Is the difference purely down to Lees £1M transfer fee???

I'm not being negative but ........

Has LT large transfer fee been his down fall. I am a hudge fan and am gutted that his time at City has not gone well and in our current position I fear that LT will not get another chance. But strikers will always be judged on goals and he hasn't scored enough goals to justify his place which is fair enough.

However, our current formation is 4-4-1-1 with Nick Carle being a support striker with Dele. Nick Carle has yet to score but hasn't received any flake for this due to what else he brings to the team.

Nick Carle cost £750k, isnt a support striker and he isnt considered to be fully fit.

I think Trundle is professional enough to realise that the team is doing extremely well, and he'd be in it had he scored more goals. I'm sure he's disappointed not to play more but I don't think he will be particularly bothered if we get promoted and he gets a crack at the top flight. He's still played his part this season.

No. In the games I've seen Trundle, he's looked slow, one dimensional and lacking pace. Defenders at this level know how to stop him. Maybe I've just seen him in the wrong games, but that's how it seems to me. Nice guy, but probably not Championship standard.

Carle I think brings extra creativity and flair that's needed. I also think we've yet to see the best from Carle.

Nick Carle cost £750k, isnt a support striker and he isnt considered to be fully fit.

The point about the fee is probably more to do with the hype. Nick Carles arrival was pretty much out of the blue and received very little coverage.

If he plays in the hole behind Dele he is a support striker and when bought GJ quoted that he could play anywhere across the midfeild or upfront.

As for fitness I would have thought he was more than match fit by now.

Don't get me wrong though Nick has been a great signing, I remember everyone saying Nick who at the time, but he is quality and i think has been the catalyst for the sustained improvement of LJ. I just think the hype around Trundles signing (remember how long it dragged on) has meant we have expected more from him than we would lower key signings. IMO Trundle is quality but hasn't found the back of the net enough. Carle is quality but hasn't hit the back of the net enough for the position he plays. Not much difference.

The point about the fee is probably more to do with the hype. Nick Carles arrival was pretty much out of the blue and received very little coverage.

If he plays in the hole behind Dele he is a support striker and when bought GJ quoted that he could play anywhere across the midfeild or upfront.

As for fitness I would have thought he was more than match fit by now.

Don't get me wrong though Nick has been a great signing, I remember everyone saying Nick who at the time, but he is quality and i think has been the catalyst for the sustained improvement of LJ. I just think the hype around Trundles signing (remember how long it dragged on) has meant we have expected more from him than we would lower key signings. IMO Trundle is quality but hasn't found the back of the net enough. Carle is quality but hasn't hit the back of the net enough for the position he plays. Not much difference.

All true, and I suppose Nick is more seen as a playmaker and provider

All true, and I suppose Nick is more seen as a playmaker and provider

He is seen in this way, but given that he hasn't scored or provided an assist in his City career so far, i would suggest he will need to produce quickly if he is going to keep his place. I don't see that he has anything more than Nobes, other than fitness, and he doesn't affect the game as much.

We've looked better in recent games with a Byfield Adebola combo IMO.

He is seen in this way, but given that he hasn't scored or provided an assist in his City career so far, i would suggest he will need to produce quickly if he is going to keep his place. I don't see that he has anything more than Nobes, other than fitness, and he doesn't affect the game as much.

We've looked better in recent games with a Byfield Adebola combo IMO.

I would suggest that he is getting better and better as his fitness improves. He drops deep, picks up the ball and makes things happen.

I like Nobes, but I think Carle is a cut above...quicker, holds the ball better, links up play better and has a better touch.

I can see him scoring soon, god willing!

You are certainly right about his attitude and humility. I hope you are right about Swansea taking him back as well - if that's what everyone wants, it would be no bad thing.

Not sure about Trundle ... haven't seen enough to properly judge. As for Nick Carle taking up a striker role ... see my lengthy post on Nick . He is not a striker and never will be . Great play maker with a world class touch who will score occassional and sometimes memorable goals.

I would suggest that he is getting better and better as his fitness improves. He drops deep, picks up the ball and makes things happen.

I like Nobes, but I think Carle is a cut above...quicker, holds the ball better, links up play better and has a better touch.

I can see him scoring soon, god willing!

Completly agree with your view on Noble V Carle but why do you keep talking about Carles fitness.

Since joining in January he has trained everyday and played in every game. How much longer is it going to take to get fit ?

Completly agree with your view on Noble V Carle but why do you keep talking about Carles fitness.

Since joining in January he has trained everyday and played in every game. How much longer is it going to take to get fit ?

He's about 9 games in. I would suggest that he is almost fully fit, but not yet.

Also backed up by the fact he has been playing well and causing trouble, but has been subbed. Mite point to not yet having full match fitness

I beleive that Trundle will get his chance and when he does he take it with both hands.

My guess that he will play the last 4-5 games and will carry us over the line in style.

IMO Gary Johnson is holding him back so that when he does get his chance he will bust a gut and score 1 or 2 in the same games and kick on from there.

Me personally i was more excited when we signed Byfield he is quality and the Dele Adebola he has always been underrated.

So it will be hard for Trundle to break into the side but he will and when he does he will stay there.

Now big deles in the team trundle will come good when given the chance.

I personally think we havent played to his strengths yet ie big targetman next toi him.

He has some skills mind - anyone watch him messing about with noble at half time trying to tackle each other - boy he has quick feet for a big lad.

There's not much wrong with Trundle

1) He has a great footballing brain and is a very intelligent player

2) Difficult to play against

3) Absolutely knows where the goal is more than any other City striker

Sometimes teams don't always play to yiour strengths. This may be the case with LT. Adebola is scoring and this coincides with the Carle sgning. We haven't seen LT play in front of Carle. He needs support and link play whereas Adebola is stronger and better in the air. In my opinion, both offer much more opportunity than Byfield. It seems though with a 4411 formation it will only be Adebola, Byfield, Trundle or at some stage, Brooker so whatever the end of season position, someone is going, but I hope it isn't Trundle

Trundle has a lucrative 3 year contract, and Brooker is signed until the end of next season. Its not a question of getting rid of either of them. City have to pay them, or if they put them on the market, hope to get a decent offer

Cant see us ever getting a million for a 32 year old Trundle, perhaps 300k.In any case, Trundle may not want to move, especially as he has a good paying contract here. Brooker has next season on the books and at 26, GJ may just hang on to him.

My bet would be Byfield to go like Jevons, last seasons leading scorer. GJ only gave Byfield a 1 year contract and he also turns 32 later this year. As mainly a substitute, we will definately require better if we get promoted, or even if we don't.GJ may give him a thankyou 1 year contract like Murray and Russell, but thats about it.

I would however like to see Ade and Trundle together up front with Carle behind them. Yes indeed I would.

Archived