IGNORED

Southampton Away

Zider_I_Up_Landlord

going to grab my train tickets today. what time trains are everyone else jumpin on?

Not sure how far the ground is to the station, or the centre? so any help on pubs etc would be grateful?

Plus, does anyone know how many match tickets have been sold, cause i havent got those yet either?

Thanx, ziul

Me and about ten others I know of are on the 8:22 from BTM, gets in around 10am. I know Southampton well from my Uni days down there and I'd advise not drinking around the ground if you can avoid it as it always reminded me of St Paul's and the boozers are dicey to say the least.

Your best bet is to head right out of the train station up the hill and on to the main high street. There's a few of the usual boozers on there, your Spoons (The Giddy Bridge), Yates', Que Pasa etc and the ground's about a 10 minute walk through the park from there.

Has everyone got there tickets yet? I'm assuming it's reserved seating. Do people actually stick to their allocated seat? I'm not sure ive ever been sober enough to realise what seat number I'm in.

Yeah they have got seat number and rows on it as always but I'm not sure many people take notice anyway

i got mine yesterday and on coach 5 so they must be selling pretty fast

I liked charlton seating idea

"is it reserved seating"

"yes, up untill kick off then move to where you like"

And it worked fine, all the back tier was singing, as per some of the front. People who didnt want to stand and sing was able to sit down the front in peace, amazing how it works!

We were singing at the front, but you led it all brilliantly at the back. Will it be the same at Leicester?

Getting the 9:24 gets in around 11:02 I think. Got tickets for train yesterday. £19.50 with family rail card instead of £25!

Probably head up the hill to Whetherspoons or Walkabout then onto the ground so my mate says who knows Southampton.

A few pints after before heading back to Bristol on the 18:10 or 18:40.

MM

Archived