IGNORED

£30 Million To Spend

PAPA650

I would keep the majority of the squad who got us there. GJ had faith in them when it came to championship football when, all being honest, most of us never. Lets see what they got in the premiership, more than half the squad a capable of doing a job me thinks. I would just get one or 2 strikers, and a centre half. IMO Basso, Orr, McCombe, Fonts, Carey and Mcallister can do it, Macindoe, Johnson, Skuse, Elliot and Sproule can do it, not sure on ALL our strikers though, maybe Noble in the hole could do it? At the end of the day, these players got us where we are today and they deserve to have a shot at it.
I have to agree with you there. Lets give the guys who get us there (and we are not there yet) a chance. plus while i have no problem talking about what players we bring in, i don't think we should be taking about what players should go.

Agreed completely , we're not there yet and why do you want to mess with the players heads like this. DO this all u want IF we get promoted however if you seem to forget it was GJ who made this side not us and the belief. I think most of the players that have come to City he's transformed there careers and made them better players where they could of been worse off.

I'm not knocking current players in the way you is thinking or others!! I'm a season ticket holder and been to alot of away games also so you cant say I'm against the current squad i love them to bits for what they achieved this season ! I'm just opening my eyes to the real world and just stateing alot of players can only go so far in playing standards ie divisions ? some may be to slow or have 1 boot ect ect ect i would not like BCFC going up and getting slaughtered week in week out ie ''DERBY'' alot of fans would moan like hell if they bought their season ticket and watched weekly loss of game due to standards and lack of spending money on some quality prem standard players ! i feel GJ has already got his note book out and thinking on the same lines as me and many other supporters !! you got to face facts if we go to the promise land i would like to stay there like READING ect and put BCFC back on the map !! I'm off to leicester tomorrow to support the lads and my heart and voice with me so come on you reds lets go 4 gold :fingerscrossed:

I'm not knocking current players in the way you is thinking or others!! I'm a season ticket holder and been to alot of away games also so you cant say I'm against the current squad i love them to bits for what they achieved this season ! I'm just opening my eyes to the real world and just stateing alot of players can only go so far in playing standards ie divisions ? some may be to slow or have 1 boot ect ect ect i would not like BCFC going up and getting slaughtered week in week out ie ''DERBY'' alot of fans would moan like hell if they bought their season ticket and watched weekly loss of game due to standards and lack of spending money on some quality prem standard players ! i feel GJ has already got his note book out and thinking on the same lines as me and many other supporters !! you got to face facts if we go to the promise land i would like to stay there like READING ect and put BCFC back on the map !! I'm off to leicester tomorrow to support the lads and my heart and voice with me so come on you reds lets go 4 gold :fingerscrossed:

The point is - this is not the TIME to be naming players - the time for this sort of post this again in the summer,

or perhaps not - why not Gary DO HIS JOB - after all - he's done it rather well so far, hasn't he?

CR

In the real world we are top with 10 games to go and nothing guaranteed. Like others have said there`s a time and place for this thread and i don`t think this is the time. Lets just keep on getting behind the team now, plenty of time for this kind of debate once things are clearer. I`m not saying i disagree with the thrust of your post but to imply that a percentage of the squad that GJ has built will not be good enough next season while we havn`t finished this one is not good.

PDG

I would like to see Kris Boyd or Vannegor of hesselink, although one would cost slightly more than the other to put on the back of your shirt! Both are goal scoring target men with experience, used to playing in big games, and both would be sensibly priced (ie no more that about £4m).

don't know about them, far too slow for my liking but are proven goalscorers in the SPL and would be on the cheap as both clubs would love to get rid of them. boyd would be cheaper than JVoH i would presume because Strachan somehow loves Jvoh but i feel this year Celtic will get rid of him if the right price comes in. Both though need someone to work along with up front because these 2 players don't chase the ball too much up front.

would b a good buy if the club upped on their bid of Derek Riordan i think he would be a good signing and would work well along side Hesselink if the club signed him

My first £2m would be spent on supporters for the future - at £30 a head for 10 years with 23 home matches per season we could get 300 kids in each match for the next 10 years for £2,070,000 - they get to see likely there first premiership or championship match - with just the coach fees to be added on top - 300 kids times 23 matches is potentially 6,900 little ones brought up on BCFC each year - assuming we rotate the boys clubs, scouts and Guides and local schools - a fan base for years to come for £2m is money very well spent - especially if we want a 30,000 stadium to be filled each home match.

My first £2m would be spent on supporters for the future - at £30 a head for 10 years with 23 home matches per season we could get 300 kids in each match for the next 10 years for £2,070,000 - they get to see likely there first premiership or championship match - with just the coach fees to be added on top - 300 kids times 23 matches is potentially 6,900 little ones brought up on BCFC each year - assuming we rotate the boys clubs, scouts and Guides and local schools - a fan base for years to come for £2m is money very well spent - especially if we want a 30,000 stadium to be filled each home match.

Only 19 home league games next season :noexpression: :fingerscrossed::englandsmile4wf:

PDG

I cant remember who said it think it might of been Harry Redknapp, i agree with it 100 percent. Avoid buying players who have gone down to the Championship from the likes of Derby for example. If they have the mentality of losing games and going down don't bring them in to a squad trying to stay up. Your playing with fire!!!! plenty of players with big time experience who can be bought else where!!!

I cant remember who said it think it might of been Harry Redknapp, i agree with it 100 percent. Avoid buying players who have gone down to the Championship from the likes of Derby for example. If they have the mentality of losing games and going down don't bring them in to a squad trying to stay up. Your playing with fire!!!! plenty of players with big time experience who can be bought else where!!!

yeah good point, those poor Derby players, jeez, that could be us next season... :shutup: GJ would not let them look like #### though, he would build a squad able to stick it out and compete. Derby are an embarrassment to themselves.

Archived