IGNORED

Grumpy Scrumpy

Jordan Tansley

I no it is a random complaint but, i have been really disapointed by the performances of our mascot "scrumpy" this season. he seems to not want to be there and was embarassed by the hull mascot.

i am of the belief that mascots should be an integeral part of the matchday experience so i just wondered if any1 else felt the same and if offered the chance to be mascot would you do it ??????????

I no it is a random complaint but, i have been really disapointed by the performances of our mascot "scrumpy" this season. he seems to not want to be there and was embarassed by the hull mascot.

i am of the belief that mascots should be an integeral part of the matchday experience so i just wondered if any1 else felt the same and if offered the chance to be mascot would you do it ??????????

defo it would b rlly funny to put urself in the shoes of scrumpy n also i would make a fool out meself haha

I agree, at the hull game he just shuffled around the pitch, while the hull mascot was having a laugh and his photo taken with the away fans. i thought it was very sad.

Would i do it ? NO WAY..

Shall we translate that into English grammer please.

Could someone please help & tell me what this kid has just said.

why so rude, let him reply how he wants. did u notice scrumpy's performances and would you step into the bridge for the good of the club??? you didn't answer the question

Hi Tomf, didn't know you were a stand in for the real thing. I that case I respect you stepping into the breach. Well done. As I said I defiantly wouldn't do it.

It's okay, I don't need a thread on here to realise I wasn't very good at it :innocent06: I'll always help out the Club whenever they ask me though :)

The trouble with the Scrumpy suit is it's quite an uncomfortable thing and you can't see a bloody thing to be honest. Combined with the fact that the head wasn't held on in anyway (my head was too big for the strap!!) I was particularly nervous of it falling off or being twatted off by one of the kids (some of the more 'pleasant' type of kids tend to punch you and try and pull the head off whenever you go near them)

Certainly an experience though, one I can say 'I've done that' but not again.. no way!

It's okay, I don't need a thread on here to realise I wasn't very good at it :innocent06: I'll always help out the Club whenever they ask me though :)

The trouble with the Scrumpy suit is it's quite an uncomfortable thing and you can't see a bloody thing to be honest. Combined with the fact that the head wasn't held on in anyway (my head was too big for the strap!!) I was particularly nervous of it falling off or being twatted off by one of the kids (some of the more 'pleasant' type of kids tend to punch you and try and pull the head off whenever you go near them)

Certainly an experience though, one I can say 'I've done that' but not again.. no way!

As do some of the players if you put them up to it. :D

First time in your life you've been inside a bird then, eh Tom?

As do some of the players if you put them up to it. :D

Brilliant idea, put the suspended players in it as punishment,well it's their fault for swearing at the ref isn't it Bradley,tut,tut!!! A stint in the Scrumpy costume will teach 'em!

Personally I think mascots at football matches have had their day. We seem lately to try to 'big up' Scrumpy and now play that blinkin' awful song which draws more attention to it. No disrespect to anyone who has worn the costume but it doesn't work. No one could make it work, it's the mascot idea that is wornout and tired not the person who is inside the costume.

I quite like this idea of having a mascot with some sort of psychological quirk. Maybe this idea could be expanded on.

One day he could be all clumsy and interpret the role of Bumpy Scrumpy. Viz had a great character who was an incontinent version of Doctor Who called Doctor Poo, so why can't we have a Dumpy Scrumpy who's always looking for somewhere to relieve himself?

Our mascot could also do a Russell Brand, develop a sexual addiction and become Rumpy Pumpy Scrumpy for the day.

I thought the difference between Hull's mascot and Scrumpy was not so much the person in the costume more the costume itself.

Hull's tiger had hands... this allows a more interactive approach i.e. he could shake hands with people, pat kids on the head, pick up footballs etc. Unfortunately ol' scrumpy has wings, so all he can do is flap them and wave at people.

And having worn the costume myself once (not at the ground, I'd like to point out) I can concur with TomF... you can hardly see a thing and the whole head really feels like it's going to come off at any moment.

how about city go for a more streamline costume?

scrumpy on slimfast :rofl2br:

http://www.animalmascots.com/01-00423/Red-...ume-Mascot.html

00423.jpg

Archived