IGNORED

Come On Rovers!

One Team

This weekend is massive for Rovers which is why I am putting any differences I have with them aside and giving them my 100% support.

I know it sounds odd and maybe a tad controversial but its a massive game.

When you look at it, they're a pretty decent side, have got a reasonable fan base and a fantastic young manager destined for better things.

All that considered I think they deserve EVERY City fans support this weekend!

So, please all City fans join me in saying "Come on Rovers!" and "Come you on you blue and whites!"......

.......and "I hope you beat Fulham at home this afternoon and kick them into the relegation zone so we don't have to play them next season!!!"! ;-)

As for the Gas, ###### 'em and their quarter final - I hope WBA stuff 'em 6 nil!

;-)

(well you didn't REALLY think I meant the Gas did you!?)

Here's to 3 points against Leicester!

One Team

This weekend is massive for Rovers which is why I am putting any differences I have with them aside and giving them by 100% support.

When you look at it, they're a pretty decent side, have got a reasonable fan base and a fantastic young English manager destined for better things.

So, please all City fans join me in saying "Come on Rovers!" and "Come you on you blue and whites!"......

.......and "I hope you beat Fulham at home this afternoon and kick them into the relegation zone so we don't have to play them next season!!!"! ;-)

As for the Gas, ###### 'em and their quarter final - I hope WBA stuff 'em 6 nil!

;-)

One Team

You had me going for a while then :rolleyes: Was about to give you a tirade of abuse :rofl2br::rofl2br: . :worship2:

Guest MaloneFM

Well done young man I doff my comedy deerstalker to you!

Funnily enough Mrs M is a northern monkey and thinks that Sparky, Morten Gamst and little Benedict are super.

This weekend is massive for Rovers which is why I am putting any differences I have with them aside and giving them my 100% support.

When you look at it, they're a pretty decent side, have got a reasonable fan base and a fantastic young manager destined for better things.

;-)

One Team

Would rather have a hot poker rammed right up my a@@@@!

;-)

One Team

Ald Arn a tad behind...very funny fellow... :innocent06:

;-)

One Team

That's very good..........but to be honest (and probably unpopular) I believe success for the gas will add to the football 'feelgood' factor'in the West Country as a whole...........in fact, to be perfectly honest (again) and coming from a City fan for over 50 years I have never quite understood why in some peoples mind the only way to prove your undying loyalty to City is to Hate the Rovers.what's all that about ???? I have always wondered why some so called supporters pay the entrance money at Ashotn Gate when the Gas are playing and then proceed to completely ignore the activities on the pitch in favour of huring abuse at the away end. Is it just me ??????

For me a perfect game would be this -

After about 30 seconds, Rovers go 1-0 up. The Gasheads go wild and are biting their nails for the next 90 minutes until deep into injury time(About 7 minutes), Albion equalise in hilarious circumstances. A simple back pass to Steve Phillips takes a ridiculous bobble on their totally shite pitch which has got them this far anyway and the ball dribbles (in slow motion) into the net despite the desperate efforts of Phillips who collides with the post. The Gasheads are now in tears.........

Replay at the Hawthorns and WBA smash them for 6. Everybody is happy and WBA are still concentrating on the cup

Oh yeh, and the back pass was from Danny Coles(If he's not cuptied).

That's very good..........but to be honest (and probably unpopular) I believe success for the gas will add to the football 'feelgood' factor'in the West Country as a whole...........in fact, to be perfectly honest (again) and coming from a City fan for over 50 years I have never quite understood why in some peoples mind the only way to prove your undying loyalty to City is to Hate the Rovers.what's all that about ???? I have always wondered why some so called supporters pay the entrance money at Ashotn Gate when the Gas are playing and then proceed to completely ignore the activities on the pitch in favour of huring abuse at the away end. Is it just me ??????

Ummm....Yes, it is just you.

It is a compulsory requirement. You are a Bristol City fan and should hold nothing but hatred for your nearest and undearest rivals.

In fact I'd go so far as to say that as all of the other 91 league clubs are potential opposition, then you should have no fondness, likeness, soft spot or affilliation to any of them. You are City and that is that.

You don't hear of Tesco saying how well they hope Asda are performing, or Lloyds TSB wishing Nat West make 15 billion profits this year. You have chosen your team and no-one else matters. FACT.

That's very good..........but to be honest (and probably unpopular) I believe success for the gas will add to the football 'feelgood' factor'in the West Country as a whole...........in fact, to be perfectly honest (again) and coming from a City fan for over 50 years I have never quite understood why in some peoples mind the only way to prove your undying loyalty to City is to Hate the Rovers.what's all that about ???? I have always wondered why some so called supporters pay the entrance money at Ashotn Gate when the Gas are playing and then proceed to completely ignore the activities on the pitch in favour of huring abuse at the away end. Is it just me ??????[/size]

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's just you, I don't prove my undying love for the City, by hating the sags, thats just how it is, and I'm sure the sags feel the same toward us, in fact I'm convinced of it.

Some things will never change and that is my love for Bristol City F.C and the only fact I care about each week regarding the sags is that I am hoping they get stuffed 4 or 5 nil every week........ although if I'm honest as long as they lose by any score I'm happy!!!

U Reds !!!!!.......... Till Dead

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's just you, I don't prove my undying love for the City, by hating the sags, thats just how it is, and I'm sure the sags feel the same toward us, in fact I'm convinced of it.

Some things will never change and that is my love for Bristol City F.C and the only fact I care about each week regarding the sags is that I am hoping they get stuffed 4 or 5 nil every week........ although if I'm honest as long as they lose by any score I'm happy!!!

U Reds !!!!!.......... Till Dead

I too care passionately for Bristol City FC as both myself, son and grandchildren are all season ticket holders, plus I contribute to the City Foundation,but..........the point I was attempting to make was simply that my support for City is as devoted and loyal as most.............without the need to hate the opposition (and in particular the Gas) It is my perogative to support my team and want them to be as successful as possible, likewise every other football fan has that same right, you may find it difficult to understand but I actually discuss football with other like minded people who do exactly the same thing as I do......support 'their' team. Furthermore, whilst on holiday we have met many football fans who have struck up conversations simply because at least one member of our group is wearing a City shirt. Are you suggestioon that according to your philosophy we football fans should just simply hate each other ??????

I too care passionately for Bristol City FC as both myself, son and grandchildren are all season ticket holders, plus I contribute to the City Foundation,but..........the point I was attempting to make was simply that my support for City is as devoted and loyal as most.............without the need to hate the opposition (and in particular the Gas) It is my perogative to support my team and want them to be as successful as possible, likewise every other football fan has that same right, you may find it difficult to understand but I actually discuss football with other like minded people who do exactly the same thing as I do......support 'their' team. Furthermore, whilst on holiday we have met many football fans who have struck up conversations simply because at least one member of our group is wearing a City shirt. Are you suggestioon that according to your philosophy we football fans should just simply hate each other ??????

Sorry cityboy I haven't a clue what you are going on about now, where in my post did I mention that my philosophy is for football fans to just simply hate each other, I never once stated that I hated the sags, I actually said that I am happy to see them hammered every week by 4/5 goals, how is that hating them?

I am a Bristol City fan first and foremost, I also live on the blue side of town and my 90% of my mates are blue,I don't hate them, they are mates first and the football comes second.

And please don't be condesending, stating that I might find it difficult to understand about you being able to discuss football with other like minded people,(I have been a City supporter for over 43 years since the age of 10) are you saying that I do not, you point out that you, your son and grandchildren are all season ticket holders, what is the relevance of that?

I also go to the City ground with my son, my grandson is only 2 so not old enough yet, and we are season ticket holders,what difference does that make.

I support Bristol City and love my club, the sags mean nothing to me, except the fun I have taking the mickey out of my blue mates when they lose.

U Reds !!

It is a compulsory requirement. You are a Bristol City fan and should hold nothing but hatred for your nearest and undearest rivals.

In fact I'd go so far as to say that as all of the other 91 league clubs are potential opposition, then you should have no fondness, likeness, soft spot or affilliation to any of them. You are City and that is that.

You don't hear of Tesco saying how well they hope Asda are performing, or Lloyds TSB wishing Nat West make 15 billion profits this year. You have chosen your team and no-one else matters. FACT.

:clapping::worship2:

Great post. City till I die!

Sorry cityboy I haven't a clue what you are going on about now, where in my post did I mention that my philosophy is for football fans to just simply hate each other, I never once stated that I hated the sags, I actually said that I am happy to see them hammered every week by 4/5 goals, how is that hating them?

I am a Bristol City fan first and foremost, I also live on the blue side of town and my 90% of my mates are blue,I don't hate them, they are mates first and the football comes second.

And please don't be condesending, stating that I might find it difficult to understand about you being able to discuss football with other like minded people,(I have been a City supporter for over 43 years since the age of 10) are you saying that I do not, you point out that you, your son and grandchildren are all season ticket holders, what is the relevance of that?

I also go to the City ground with my son, my grandson is only 2 so not old enough yet, and we are season ticket holders,what difference does that make.

I support Bristol City and love my club, the sags mean nothing to me, except the fun I have taking the mickey out of my blue mates when they lose.

U Reds !!

No, sorry Redtilldead, I think you are missing the point, but maybe I am not explaining it properly, you see the only point I wanted to make is that in many ways we are all equal in our affection for our chosen Football Club and that as such we should accept that 'each to his own' you state quite honestly and clearly your feelings towards Bristol City with pride and why not??? What I am suggesting is to understand that other footy fans feel the same way with regard to their chosen Club and, hopefully having accepted that, there will be mutual respect and friendly banter as opposed to my original observation concerning the requirement to hate the gas. On second thoughts I am begining to wish I never started this, maybe next time I'll just 'Stand up if you hate the Gas' Apologies if you felt my comments were 'condesending' ......believe me that is not the case !!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally i hope rovers do do ok, i want a draw with lots of yellow and red cards for WestBrom with a few added injuries, nothing too serious but enough to keep one or two out for a week or 3. Then with a replay and knowing they have a good shout so therefore one eye on the cup, maybe they can make a slip up or two in the league so aiding our march into the top flight and the so called promised land the land of the big bucks and over paid over hyped big heads.

Looking forward to keeping Ferguson and Wenger happy next year how many times can they blame the ref????

:englandsmile4wf:

I did not say how well I hope they are performing,. you will not hear the people who shop (support, spend money) at Tesco say they hate Asda, hope they suffer failure and criticise the people who shop there !!!!!!!!!!!!!! You say I have chosen my team and you are quite right, is that not sufficient ??? I assume in your opinion I am not a 'true supporter'

I did not say how well I hope they are performing,. you will not hear the people who shop (support, spend money) at Tesco say they hate Asda, hope they suffer failure and criticise the people who shop there !!!!!!!!!!!!!! You say I have chosen my team and you are quite right, is that not sufficient ??? I assume in your opinion I am not a 'true supporter'

Not at all mate. I am not one who judges how other people support. I accept all BCFC fans as equals. You are a true supporter and that is cool with me.

But I don't agree with your argument. In my eyes, I am City, and no-one else matters. Any team which City are playing against should be derided and hated as much as possible, as they are there to challenge you and attempt to win the match and to get one over on you. They are therefore the opposition, and that means we should despise them, just as they do us.

You have mentioned being able to talk to other footy fans the world over (I am the same), and there is nothing wrong with that, we all share a common interest and belief, but when it comes to us against them, it's dog eat dog, kill or be killed, last man standing, only one winner, and therefore hatred and howls of derision should be aplenty.

That's football Brian. :boxing:

Not at all mate. I am not one who judges how other people support. I accept all BCFC fans as equals. You are a true supporter and that is cool with me.

But I don't agree with your argument. In my eyes, I am City, and no-one else matters. Any team which City are playing against should be derided and hated as much as possible, as they are there to challenge you and attempt to win the match and to get one over on you. They are therefore the opposition, and that means we should despise them, just as they do us.

You have mentioned being able to talk to other footy fans the world over (I am the same), and there is nothing wrong with that, we all share a common interest and belief, but when it comes to us against them, it's dog eat dog, kill or be killed, last man standing, only one winner, and therefore hatred and howls of derision should be aplenty.

That's football Brian. :boxing:

Well, thank goodness for that !!!! your reply is re-assuring because you have made the point for me, or should I say managed to explain the basic essence of the issue better than me....... I accept you don't agree with my initial 'argument' but I bet you are the type of guy who would defend my right to say it anyway.. good on you...........I respect your opinion and I guess passions do become aroused when the heat is on and the 'dog eat dog' mentality kicks in, but one thing is for sure we will all be singning from the same song sheet tomorrow............never mind the gas or anyone else for that matter.here's to a City win...come on you reds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived