IGNORED

Lucky?

leadman

or just piss poor finnishing??

at least 4 times it was harder to miss, hume guilty on 3 occasions.

despite that, we still hit the underside of the bar(I'm sure it was over) and elliott the inside of the post.

only 10 mins in the 2nd half did we manage to get on top, but we do battle and lee j being replaced by vasko did calm things down a bit, vasko sat infront of mcoombe and fonts.

dele was a bit disapointing for me, as was lee j, but you cant be good everyweek i spose.

defo, a point gained.

no team gets through a season without having some luck

the point is you gotta take it when the luck goes your way and thats what we did today

we are where we are on merit now, its not all down to luck

come on you super reds

:travolta::travolta::travolta:

no team gets through a season without having some luck

the point is you gotta take it when the luck goes your way and thats what we did today

we are where we are on merit now, its not all down to luck

come on you super reds

:travolta::travolta::travolta:

Have to agree with you there. We rode our luck at times but then again Leicester could have been there all night and not scored. The game is over now and we got a point. Here's to Tuesday night and 3 points v Watford. COME ON YOU REDS. WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE. :goingup:

Apart from Basso there was a lot of last ditch blocking and covering which is what you need to be a top team . . . doing the ugly stuff and all that.

With a bit more luck, Marv's shot would have rebounded in.

We were almost in line with the goal and it was clear Wilson's shot did not cross the line, although I notice GJ said the players thought it did.

We were lucky that their finishing was so poor but all I could hear on the way out of the stadium was Leicester fans moaning about us and a couple said to me we would be straight back down from the Premier, hardly original thinking.

Important topic because we appear to be lucky but also seem to contribute to that.

They say you make your own luck. Well, we work hard, our defenders throw themselves in front of every shot, and our keeper never believes he is beaten.

We do, it appears, have many a lucky moment when our opposition squander close chances. The above cliche would suggest that players like Hume (or whoever missed that chance for Hull) are only missing because the work-rate and sheer last ditch defending of our boys has effected their confidence or concentration.

There is also the matter of 'when your struggling, you don't get the breaks'. We had the same in GJ's record number of defeats.

Dammit, we've suffered enough! It's time that we were rewarded by lady luck, and that our efforts were rewarded too.

i think we was lucky if basso wasn't there today who knows what the score would of been

If we didn't have a keeper we would of got hammered. :blink:

Don't think we were that lucky today, hitting the inside of the post and the under-side of the bar could mean we were unlucky today :dunno:

Not to good to watch today, but we got a point and that's not so bad, Draw away and Win at home and we are there.

To look on the bright side of today Basso, Wilson and Mcindoe had very good games.

Mcindoe was great.

GJ is our KING/PM and God please stay forever

Including McIndoe's bar rattler at Charlton, City have now hit the woodwork 3 times since we last scored.

If you want to talk about luck then that's what I call bad luck.

It's nothing to do with being lucky when the opposition are incapable of putting 'easy' chances in the net, it's simply the opposition not being good enough to beat you.

Mind you I hope City improve quickly so they don't have to rely on other teams' failings to carry on picking up points. :whistle:

We were extremely lucky today but over the course of the season you get games where you are lucky/unlucky. How Leicester didn't score at least 2 or 3 I'll never know...But we never get anything out of Leicester so as I thought after the Palace game, we are going to do it.

all this luck carp is starting to get on my nerves!!

The keeper is there to save goals! That is what he did!

The defenders are there to stop the opposition and if needs be clear the ball from the line. They did!

Their strikers are there to score goals! They didn't!

Important topic because we appear to be lucky but also seem to contribute to that.

They say you make your own luck. Well, we work hard, our defenders throw themselves in front of every shot, and our keeper never believes he is beaten.

We do, it appears, have many a lucky moment when our opposition squander close chances. The above cliche would suggest that players like Hume (or whoever missed that chance for Hull) are only missing because the work-rate and sheer last ditch defending of our boys has effected their confidence or concentration.

There is also the matter of 'when your struggling, you don't get the breaks'. We had the same in GJ's record number of defeats.

Dammit, we've suffered enough! It's time that we were rewarded by lady luck, and that our efforts were rewarded too.

A truism indeed. Like in life we tend to take the good luck for granted it's how we handle the 'bad luck' that is the true test of character is it not?

Hopefully, a better all round performance against Watford will renew the momentum?

Including McIndoe's bar rattler at Charlton, City have now hit the woodwork 3 times since we last scored.

If you want to talk about luck then that's what I call bad luck.

It's nothing to do with being lucky when the opposition are incapable of putting 'easy' chances in the net, it's simply the opposition not being good enough to beat you.

Mind you I hope City improve quickly so they don't have to rely on other teams' failings to carry on picking up points. :whistle:

Agree with all of that - i thought it was funny listening to the Leicester strikers talking after the match and blaming the ref, the goalie and bad luck. But, at the end of the day, it was down to THEM to finish their chances and luckily for us, they couldnt hit the proberbial cows backside.

Archived