IGNORED

Do We Need To Tinker With Midfield Personnel

riddlesdown red

The midfield has basically picked itself most of the season either as mcindoe johnson elliot sproule or more recently with carle replacing the role noble played when selected. I know we are top of the league and some might say why change it. but there does not seem to be any squad players pressing hard for midfield selection and neither sproule or carle have really created that much from midfield, we are now facing two key home games where we need to create and score goals. Does GJ have any suprises in mind for next two games.

Sproule's selection is by no means certain and other players are looking jaded.

There may well be increased roles for the likes of Murray and Noble as well as Trundle up front in the near future. Who knows, maybe even Brooker. :o

The team needs some fresh legs, ideas and impetus and it could be that GJ has been holding one or two players back for the run-in.

Wouldn't be surprised if Wilson plays wide right on Tuesday if Orr comes back in.

Sproule's selection is by no means certain and other players are looking jaded.

There may well be increased roles for the likes of Murray and Noble as well as Trundle up front in the near future. Who knows, maybe even Brooker. :o

The team needs some fresh legs, ideas and impetus and it could be that GJ has been holding one or two players back for the run-in.

Wouldn't be surprised if Wilson plays wide right on Tuesday if Orr comes back in.

I am glad someone else as taken the time to respond to my suggestion that certain midfield players are looking a bit jaded, i have thought this for a while, if i would have come out and made that bold statement i would have been slaughtered. but the first half at charlton was proof of this no shots no corners neither winger getting beyond their man, no one close enough to dele to support him.

The players are certainly there if GJ feels the need to change it. I don't know what system he played yesterday, I'm assuming Carle was wide right? I hate playing without natural balance and I think the last time we done this prior to yesterday we got smashed 3-0 at QPR. I think the natural balance and shape of our team has been a major factor in our success this season. Sproule hasnt been consistent and does go missing alot but other teams are well aware that should they over commit going forward, He can punish them with his pace.

Hopefully GJ will play a right sided player on the right on tuesday night, Sproule, Wilson or Murray. Id be happy with any of them.

Archived