IGNORED

City Get Olly Wobbles At The Walkers

Blagdon red

The interesting thing is that GJ still seems to make some weird decisons - we can't knock where we are (and I am not) but I am not sure any poster on this forum thinks putting Carle on the wide right was the right thing to do - but GJ does it - so what are we all missing?

Back to 4 4 11 and maybe Murray wide right (or Ivan if he is fired up) with Elliot and Carle in the middle and byfield or trunds in the hole - wonder if we will ever see this formation as I think it would work

Big night Tuesday - can't wait :fingerscrossed:

Thanks for the report BB.

You make quite a few references to us being "out-muscled". Was this a one off that the pitch didn't help?

I'm concerned because about the only thing Watford do well is "out-muscle".

I've seen Leicester twice this year and they've outmuscled us twice taking four points which should be six in all fairness.

Perhaps we have tired players who aren't fully fit because a large number have been almost ever presents and we don't chop & change much hence we have used less players than any club in this Divsion.

Whatever the reason they looked fitter & stronger all over the pitch and it was far more one sided than at Palace where we lost two nil and Leicester created a load more chances than Palarse.

I hope it's a blip but we'll need to go up about 40/50% in performance level to beat Watford.

If that game told us anything - it told us that , with this squad, we must stick to 4-5-1.

Keep the ball - Carle or Noble in the hole - and 2 wingers staying wide. Stretch the game , keep passing = keep the ball.

McIndoe, Sproule, and Carle to get forward to support Adebola.

That's when we look our best.

Yesterday we let Leicester have too much of the ball and consequently they dominated and played their game.

If that game told us anything - it told us that , with this squad, we must stick to 4-5-1.

Keep the ball - Carle or Noble in the hole - and 2 wingers staying wide. Stretch the game , keep passing = keep the ball.

McIndoe, Sproule, and Carle to get forward to support Adebola.

That's when we look our best.

Yesterday we let Leicester have too much of the ball and consequently they dominated and played their game.

Correct.

Frankly, I don't care what formation we play as long as we have the players to play it and, regretfully, IMHO, we STILL only have one striker who can affect the game from the start better than he can from the bench and that's Adebola.

We may as well take the micky and get another striker as the like's of Charlton have and it is a micky take because we've got THREE out on loan!

Our game is about passion & commitment but it's brains not brawn and playing hoofball will never work for us.

If we sign Theirry Henry & Eto tomorrow or perhaps if we recall Brooker, we can change it, until then I think the point's more than proved and 4-4-1--1 it is.

Archived