IGNORED

Team V Watford

Bristol Boy

I can't see any point in not reverting to 4-4-1-1.

All the strikers we have, with the exception on Adebola, are better impact players.

Orr is available and, even though Carey may be, he's not the best sub so he may have to wait for his chance.

Unless we really go outside the box and do something like recall Brooker ( that's not GJ's style) I reckon

.............BASSO...........

ORR......MCCOMBE..FONTAINE......MCALLISTER.....

WILSON.ELLIOTT......JOHNSON.....MCINDOE.........

........CARLE....

.........ADEBOLA...........

SUBS

WEALE

SPROULE

BYFIELD

TRUNDLE

VASKO

Loan:Brooker, Henderson, JMW, Betsy, Russell, Showunmi (6)

Left Out:Carey, Noble, Keogh, Murray, SKuse

I'd include Noble instead of Carle but GJ won't and I reckon Sproule might get in on the right as GJ leaves Orr out to teach him a lesson!!

The case for Carey to be included is a strong one as he's our leader and we're a better team with him on Board.However we've only conceded one goal in the last two games with McCombe & Fontaine and it would be a bit unfair to leave either player out.Careys played one game since Xmas!

There are options: Carey could play RB and Wilson goes forward one or it could Orr at RB with Wilson or Sproule in front of him-Sproule may have the edge as we're at home.Fontaine could play LB with Carey recalled?

I'm really looking forward to it and a win could cement our place in the top two whilst a draw wouldn't be a disaster.

All the strikers we have, with the exception on Adebola, are better impact players.

Orr is available and, even though Carey may be, he's not the best sub so he may have to wait for his chance.

Unless we really go outside the box and do something like recall Brooker ( that's not GJ's style) I reckon

........CARLE....

SUBS

WEALE

SPROULE

BYFIELD

TRUNDLE

VASKO

I'd include Noble instead of Carle but GJ won't and I reckon Sproule might get in on the right as GJ leaves Orr out to teach him a lesson!!

The case for Carey to be included is a strong one as he's our leader and we're a better team with him on Board.However we've only conceded one goal in the last two games with McCombe & Fontaine and it would be a bit unfair to leave either player out.Careys played one game since Xmas!

There are options: Carey could play RB and Wilson goes forward one or it could Orr at RB with Wilson or Sproule in front of him-Sproule may have the edge as we're at home.Fontaine could play LB with Carey recalled?

I'm really looking forward to it and a win could cement our place in the top two whilst a draw wouldn't be a disaster.

What exactly would we gain by playing noble instead of Carle?

Carey won't play RB as his best position by far is CB i think it will be between orr/wilson for the right back slot and maybe murray to get a run out on the right with sproule on the bench

........CARLE....

SUBS

WEALE

SPROULE

BYFIELD

TRUNDLE

VASKO

I see there is no mention of Ribeiro, even in the 'left out list'. Do you think he is no longer in the frame and probably on his way?

What exactly would we gain by playing noble instead of Carle?

Since joining the club Nick Carle doesn't have a goal or an assist to his name so perhaps a goal or an assist?

Carey won't play RB as his best position by far is CB i think it will be between orr/wilson for the right back slot and maybe murray to get a run out on the right with sproule on the bench

Murray can't do ninety minutes but is a good impact player so he won't start and on recent evidence he probably won't be on the bench either.Carey IS a better central defender however I reckon GJ will keep faith with LF & JM so, as I said, Carey may not make the squad.Carey had a great season at RB when Murray scored a hatful of goals so I wouldn't discount it and it depends if GJ is hacked off with Orr.

I see there is no mention of Ribeiro, even in the 'left out list'. Do you think he is no longer in the frame and probably on his way?

No I've only included players who have started a first team game or in the case of Henderson made a meaningful subs appearance.He may well go on loan especially if we get promoted and that's why I didn't include Plummer, Artus, Wilson etc.

Basso

Wilson McCombe Carey McCallister

Sproule Elliott Johnson Mcindoe

Trundle

Dele

SUBS

Orr

Carle

Fontaine

Byfield

Murray

Do away with Weale for this one

That would be my XI as well. Orr doesn't deserve to walk straight back into the team and Sproule looked hungry when he came on yesterday so hopefullly that's the kick up the backside he needed. Wilson's form at right-back has been superb IMO so he should stay there. Carle hasn't been performing so you either go with Trundle or Byfield to partner Adebola. Think GJ will go with BB's team though...

..............BASSO..........

...ORR..........MCCOMBE.....FONTS...........MACALSITER...

.SPROULE..ELLIOTT....JOHNSON....CARLE........MCINDOE.

....DO DO DOOOOO....

i really would feel that i would rest elliott and put calre and johson in there and swap orr for ribeiro if it weren't for it being sucha big game for us, season defining

Archived