IGNORED

Watford

robins72

I know we played 4-4-2 yesterday which gives us more attacking options but putting Carle for Sproule on the right doesnt work. Carle is more effective in the middle of the park. With Watford having lots of big players Id revert back to 4-4-1-1 with Carle behind Adebola. Although Carey is now fit to play I wouldnt change the back four as we need Mccombes height and Fontaines a pacer player alongside him. Wilson is doing an excellent job deputising for Orr and made some great runs forward yesterday at Leicester. Mccombe will have to keep his eye on the likes of Henderson and the pace of Ellington who have contributed to the best away record on the Championship (won 10 drawn 5 lost 3). If we can up our game and bring the 12th man to the game (al la the atmosphere at home to Hull) we can sneak a win. A draw against a team near the top of the league would not be too disappointing though.

McCombe will win headers if they are floated in and he is taller than the opposition striker.

What he wont/cant do is battle and out muscle a physical player, which will be required against Henderson, Shittu etc.

Carey has to come back in, simple as that.

Leicester had 20 odd shots yesterday, that to me says the defense must be changed.

Archived