IGNORED

Rovers Match

TinnionForEngland

my daughter bless her love her and squeeze her is going out with a sh!thead..my last words to him were..and i quote.."do it for Bristol and go up"...after reading these posts on here i hope you don't...we gave it a go and didnt deserve a 5-1 battering..

why read it then? gas heard would of done exactly the same to us! oh and yes you did deserve to get thrashed you have to admit west brom were a different class without really getting going on your awful pitch!

why read it then? gas heard would of done exactly the same to us! oh and yes you did deserve to get thrashed you have to admit west brom were a different class without really getting going on your awful pitch!

not really chap..just down to finishing..if we,d have taken our chances then it would have been different..or are you blind..

incorrect,

definatley a sag head...

Haha - enjoy league one, "we'll never see you again, we'll never see you again...AGAIN"

i hope we do now..was hoping for a Bristol double but not now after all these cheap comments..we did ok just didnt take our chances..a thing that you lot have so far..

not really chap..just down to finishing..if we,d have taken our chances then it would have been different..or are you blind..

And of course, if you had a good keeper them 5 would be reduced to 2.

Fair play to your players though for giving it a good go

To be fair Phil I don't mind you being on here one of the better gashead posters however I think City fans get the same treatment on your forum. *To many Pipe comments recently - Someone threatened to bat me :D haha keyboard warriors got to love them and of course Kate getting some nasty PM's - Cant have it both ways.

I laughed when I heard the result but its good news for us either way as it means West Brom have to play yet more games.

WAITER! This whine is sour....oh come on now Philip put your dummy back in. You were hoping the potato patch was going to hold out as the 12th man. And it didn't.

The thing I did find a bit grating was the four girls with the pirate hats on and the skull and crossbones flag waving it and laughing as you were getting tubbed. Meanwhile anyone that actually gave a toss couldn't get a ticket. If you are a true supporter when things like that are going on it isn't a jolly night out.

Depending of course on which side of the river you are.

Skull & Crossbones ,Oh ,I thought it was a photo of Hollowhead with his arms folded!

To be fair Phil I don't mind you being on here one of the better gashead posters however I think City fans get the same treatment on your forum. *To many Pipe comments recently - Someone threatened to bat me :D haha keyboard warriors got to love them and of course Kate getting some nasty PM's - Cant have it both ways.

I laughed when I heard the result but its good news for us either way as it means West Brom have to play yet more games.

hmm sorry about Kates PMs ..and threatening you with a bat hey thats just stupid..we lost so just gotta deal with it..just hard thats all..

Yeah, look at the stats:

WBA had 14 shots on target, Rovers had 7, so if all the shots on target went in, it would have been....14-7 to WBA; crap that doesn't work... but rovers also had 4 shots off target, if all the shots rovers had on target and off target went in, and only WBAs on target counted, it would be...14-11; still not good enough, eh?

OK imagine all rovers shots on target went in, but WBA only got the ones they actually scored, then its 7-5 to rovers....

Quick call the FA, they're not doing the draw till tomorrow

Yeah, look at the stats:

WBA had 14 shots on target, Rovers had 7, so if all the shots on target went in, it would have been....14-7 to WBA; crap that doesn't work... but rovers also had 4 shots off target, if all the shots rovers had on target and off target went in, and only WBAs on target counted, it would be...14-11; still not good enough, eh?

OK imagine all rovers shots on target went in, but WBA only got the ones they actually scored, then its 7-5 to rovers....

Quick call the FA, they're not doing the draw till tomorrow

stats 4 yesterday were?????????..you were lucky we just got beat 5-1 let me deal with it..

stats 4 yesterday were?????????..you were lucky we just got beat 5-1 let me deal with it..

The stats for yesterday are probably so very horrific that I don't want to see them (or maybe so horrific I would watch them over and over again; like eduardos challange...don't pretend I was the only one who did it) but no one here is claiming that it was the finishing which cost us the win.

Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to have seen you go through, if only you weren't playing WBA, I want them to mess up their promotion push far more than I want to see Bristol have 2 very outstanding peices of footballing success in the same season; don't get me wrong, what you have done in the FA cup was great, if you were playing any other of the 8 teams, I would have wanted you through to the semis; Bristol footballs great success' over petty rivalry any day.

But the fact is you did lose, and they did show what a great footballing side they are, there is no shame in losing to them, but you probably shouldn't claim it was just the finishing that was the difference. The distance between you, was greater than the league places that separate you.

Guest Eamer

Saw an old guy selling fake Rovers merchandise in Broadmead today. Does get to sad times when people buy and sell Quarter Final merchandise... Not exactly going to be a memory of a big day out or anything is it...

i didn't watch it.i'm just curious.were they singing 'are you watching ashton gate'?

hahahaha......i'll be singing that to the gasheads at work tomorrow!

They did before the game for some reason :blink: And they might of after they scored there 1 goal!

Ashton gates answer was clearly yes we are and your looosing again!! :disapointed2se:

my daughter bless her love her and squeeze her is going out with a sh!thead..my last words to him were..and i quote.."do it for Bristol and go up"...after reading these posts on here i hope you don't...we gave it a go and didnt deserve a 5-1 battering..

:handbags: Oh dear, does this mean that you'll now treat your daughters boyfriend differently, I hope not, it's only football mate. For what it's worth, I'm glad that you got a battering tonight, but I mean no harm. :city:

Haven't actually had the time to read most of this thread.

Just spare a thought for me.

I get off a plane, completely ignorant to the Rovers score and then find out in an Air France lounge they have lost 5-1 live on TV.

Nearest Frenchman - "Your team have good result?"

Me - "No, the game of football in England have good result..."

Lovely.

As my cornishman mate always says - bloody handsome result that.

Oh Phil. You've shown that I wasn't so far off the mark with my earlier comments after all.

When someone says something complimentary about the Gas, you want us to go up. Then, when someone else has a pop you do a complete u-turn!!!! Make up your mind.

Suddenly we're not City fans, we're 's***heads'.

I was too harsh on you, personally, before and for that I apologise but you just don't seem to get the whole rivalry thing do you?

I agree that some fans on both sides take it to extremes but if we can't indulge in a bit of gleeful schadenfreude then the game's up as far as I'm concerned.

Especially when the catalyst for your defeat was an ex BRISTOL CITY keeper (who took great joy in baiting us in the LDV games) who dropped a clanger.

Yes, the Gas did exceptionally well to get to the last eight, no 5-1 wasn't a true reflection but if you think that's going to stop City fans taking the pee then you're mad.

City have done well to be top of the Championship in March after being promoted the previous season but do you think that will stop the Gas slaughtering us if we blow up - Will it bullocks!!!!

Dry your eyes.

At least yer daughter is showing some common sense Phil :innocent06:

Perhaps she was just fed up going out with lads with 16 fingers on each hand, and one eye on their forheads :innocent06:

The stats for yesterday are probably so very horrific that I don't want to see them (or maybe so horrific I would watch them over and over again; like eduardos challange...don't pretend I was the only one who did it) but no one here is claiming that it was the finishing which cost us the win.

Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to have seen you go through, if only you weren't playing WBA, I want them to mess up their promotion push far more than I want to see Bristol have 2 very outstanding peices of footballing success in the same season; don't get me wrong, what you have done in the FA cup was great, if you were playing any other of the 8 teams, I would have wanted you through to the semis; Bristol footballs great success' over petty rivalry any day.

But the fact is you did lose, and they did show what a great footballing side they are, there is no shame in losing to them, but you probably shouldn't claim it was just the finishing that was the difference. The distance between you, was greater than the league places that separate you.

Just about sums it up apart from my concern re: the inevitable bragging rights they would have gained had they fluked it on the Memorial Cesspit.

Unlucky Phil, beaten by a quality side, no disgrace in that mucker.

Archived