IGNORED

F A Cup

kiwicolin

if a championship side win the FA cup does that mean

they will play in the UAFA cup next season or will some

bigwig stop them.

they won the cup so they should play in the UAFA cup.

If they win it they will get the UEFA cup spot. They could also possibly get it as runners up aswell if Portsmouth were to win the cup and finish high enough in the league where they would qualify for Europe from there league place. Which is what happened to Millwall the other year when runners up and got into the UEFA cup, and other runners up from the prem get the extra space aswell over last few years.

If they win it they will get the UEFA cup spot. They could also possibly get it as runners up aswell if Portsmouth were to win the cup and finish high enough in the league where they would qualify for Europe from there league place. Which is what happened to Millwall the other year when runners up and got into the UEFA cup, and other runners up from the prem get the extra space aswell over last few years.

apart from cardiff who won't be allowed something about them being a welsh team

I can see Barnsely sneaking into the final , don't think they'll win although they have beat chelsea and Liverpool :blink: but Imagine them being in the uefa cup :surrender: and well I don't mind them as a team but they still have the possiblilty of getting relegated would they be the first team to be in the uefa cup outside the top two tiers of football?

apart from cardiff who won't be allowed something about them being a welsh team

Always one that I've wondered about, so what if Cardiff and Portsmouth make it through to the final, Cardiff win, but becuase they're looked after by the Welsh FA, they can't play in the UEFA cup, Portsmouth then get the spot, but they somehow finish in the top 6 in the prem, so get they're spot that way; what happens then??

Always one that I've wondered about, so what if Cardiff and Portsmouth make it through to the final, Cardiff win, but becuase they're looked after by the Welsh FA, they can't play in the UEFA cup, Portsmouth then get the spot, but they somehow finish in the top 6 in the prem, so get they're spot that way; what happens then??

I think that would give another team in the Prem a spot in the UEFA cup, so 7th place. Usually happens when the top 4 play each other in the final gives the league and extra spot.

Archived