IGNORED

If We Fail To Win Or Draw Tuesday

cityfan

IMO it's entirely independent of what we're doing on the decision to bring Brooker back or not. No matter the reactionary fans view.

Is he better than what we already have? Will he enhance and add to the team? When GJ answers yes, we'll see him back.

Steve won't be extending his loan, unless he breaks down again, he's shown enough form at least to be given the opportunity to fight for his place IMO.

I only see Brooker being involved if Dele a) loses form or b) is injured. I don't see them playing together, and i expect Johnson to revert to 4-5-1 with Carle or possibly Trundle. Having said that, its reassuring to know that if anything does happen to Dele, Brooks is on form and can step in.

To play alongside Dele and improve our goalscoring opportunities?

Both hold the ball up well.

Both are physically strong

Both can score goals

i for 1 have always said brooker should be given chance to prove himself !!

he has publically said he don't want to leave bcfc but relised he had to regain fitness to compete for place, he has now shown he can do it for chelts and thats is with poor service some thing iv always said with our current team more balls and goals would come for him if he came back ? i would love to him and adebloa up front or at least 4411 with brooker coming off him and I'm pretty sure the goal problems could be solved, to many of you fail to see what a good striker he is and now he has regained fitness i feel he should come home on tuesday when his loan is up, what have we got to lose ??? we have not got a perfect front line have we !!!!!!!! il get sh@t for this but feel jevo should have been given chance also !!!!!

Irrelevant. We're not going to lose Tuesday

Always believe!!!!

Abso-flipping-lutely. We are NOT going to lose on Tuesday. Stevie B will be back when God in the person of GJ decrees. No worries just heart pounding drama & Adriano, the flying stopper, keeping them out. Tuesday night? Another clean sheet for the best keeper in the Universe. And maybe, just maybe, a brace from LT.

Abso-flipping-lutely. We are NOT going to lose on Tuesday. Stevie B will be back when God in the person of GJ decrees. No worries just heart pounding drama & Adriano, the flying stopper, keeping them out. Tuesday night? Another clean sheet for the best keeper in the Universe. And maybe, just maybe, a brace from LT.

Brooker comes back when we need him...at this moment in time we don't need him i say give it a few more games and brig him back into the mix.

its a case of "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Goals have been a common problem this season so I can't believe we don't need a goalscorer. However, it is a difficult situation because we are top of the league regardless, but I am sure he will be back this season and will play at some time

I can't see an argument for not having a striker in our squad who we own, who's fit and who's scoring goals.

We've scored just 6 goals in the last 5; three of them belonging to McCombe, two Big Dele and the other McIndoe. Asides from Adebola none of our strikers have scored since January 1st.

We need more of a goal threat from the front players and with 4 in 4 Brooker should certainly offer that.

With Plymouth and Cardiff up after Watford we'll need all the firepower we can muster.

I hope he is back in contention for us on Wedesday (after sinking Leeds with a hat-trick on tuesday of course) win, lose or draw.

One thing to think about for the people calling for his inclusion, if we loaned out Trundle and he scored 4 in 4 which he is more than capable of..would he warrant a first team place?

Championship is different to League one.

One thing to think about for the people calling for his inclusion, if we loaned out Trundle and he scored 4 in 4 which he is more than capable of..would he warrant a first team place?

Championship is different to League one.

True, but many have argued that if Trundle was allowed a prolonged run in the team, like the eight consecutive 80 minute plus starts Brooker had proir to his recent form, then mabye LT would start finding the net on a more frequent basis.

His time at Chelts has allowed Brooker to both prove his fitness and find his finishing boots, so I'd suggest the final stage of his rehabilitation would be to throw him in against Championship opposition and see if he can hack it.

Right now I'd rather have him back and putting pressure on the likes of Trundle and Byfield to produce than helping out a team for whom I have no feelings. With 4 in 12 games he has a better scoring rate than any forward at the club bar Dele, so what have we to lose bringing him back?

Goals have been a common problem this season so I can't believe we don't need a goalscorer. However, it is a difficult situation because we are top of the league regardless, but I am sure he will be back this season and will play at some time

That's the trouble.... as you say, we're top of the league regardless of goals scored....

But..... If we had had a goalscorer this season, then some of the draws would have turned into wins and we would be sitting very comfortably. I think our non-strikers have performed heroics this season in getting us to where we are, both in terms of goals scored and goals against restricted, as without them we would be languishing very low down.

Personally the only negative slant that i could put on a return for Brooker is that it would also mean a return for Sarahb! :shocking:

Archived