IGNORED

Wilsons 'goal'

94th Minute

The highlights are on the main site now; I don't have access to it, but would I be right in guessing that because screen shots haven't appeared up here with the ball over the line, it means that it wasn't, or does it just mean that people prefer to use their time at work to watch these highlights, so between 9-5 tomorrow, we'll know?

I also was in line with the goal line and I'm afraid I don't think it went it.

Surely must be hard to tell at full speed. They freeze the frame on the highlights and the ball appears to be over the line. It would have been impossible for the Lino to award a goal either way......

wilsonha6.gif

It's inconclusive, as it is possible for grass to be visible between the ball and the line without the whole of the ball crossing.

When you only get one look at it at full speed, it's almost impossible to call, so I don't blame any ref for not giving it.

I also was in line with the goal line and I'm afraid I don't think it went it.

I was up in Row Y above the corner flag and could see down diagonally into the goal and from my view it definitely hit the line but didn't seem to cross. Oh for a Russian linesman!!

I was sat almost perfectly inline, and at the time I wouldn't have given it either, and I was definitely closer to being inline than the linesman, just thought it would be interesting to see what the footage had to say about it.

Oh and thanks for the footage edson, far better than I was expecting to see

Usually you can get a "feel" for things like this from players reactions and no one appealed for a goal everyone just got on with the game besides it didnt look in from where I was standing either

Shame though.....it was a marvelous strike....Brads got a job on to get back in IMO

Perhaps we can try him at left back?

I have to say, from that clip it looks like the ball hits the line but the whole ball isnt over it.

I don't blame the ref for not giving it but it does back up calls for goal line technology. They were saying on Five Live that if at the end of the season the difference between us going up or not going up automatically is 1 or 2 points - then we could look back at that inncident and say that it cost us £50million. So its times like that which make me think that goal line technology MUST be brought into the game.

Was thinking about it and I'd rather that (over the line or not) Wilson's strike wasn't given and we escaped what looks on the highlights (and was by all accounts) a totally mauling with a point.

Let's hope that we can look back and be happy that the single point that we were fortunate to get this weekend took us up, not that 2 points dropped saw us miss out!

It 100% wasn't in, I was dead in line and gutted about it

I was also dead in line with the goaline and can confirm that the ball wasn't 100% over the line.

The linesman couldn't make a decision as he was MILES away from where he should have been.

BCAGFC

Usually you can get a "feel" for things like this from players reactions and no one appealed for a goal everyone just got on with the game besides it didnt look in from where I was standing either

Shame though.....it was a marvelous strike....Brads got a job on to get back in IMO

Perhaps we can try him at left back?

Based on what? Brian Wilson was so far out of position so many times on Saturday it was unbelieveable

I thought Wilson was brilliant playing right wing early in the season, but now he is hopeless. If Etuhu had been on Leicester's left wing i think we would have seen Ipswich all over again, we had no right side at all for the first half and GJ clearly agreed because he brough on Sproule within 2 mins of the second half

Based on what? Brian Wilson was so far out of position so many times on Saturday it was unbelieveable

I thought Wilson was brilliant playing right wing early in the season, but now he is hopeless. If Etuhu had been on Leicester's left wing i think we would have seen Ipswich all over again, we had no right side at all for the first half and GJ clearly agreed because he brough on Sproule within 2 mins of the second half

A Bit harsh, the right was exposed, but that is beCause N Carle is no right winger and drifts inside. leaving Wilson on his todd..

For me Wilson has done well and will be gutted to lose out, his strike talked about above was first class and hit with intent. Wilson also looks much stronger then last season for me.

A Bit harsh, the right was exposed, but that is beCause N Carle is no right winger and drifts inside. leaving Wilson on his todd..

For me Wilson has done well and will be gutted to lose out, his strike talked about above was first class and hit with intent. Wilson also looks much stronger then last season for me.

Definately agree with last sentence, he has done well this season, at the start i was gutted that sproule came in for him, he didnt deserve it.

He was exposed, however he was rarely out where he should have been himself.

I was also dead in line with the goaline and can confirm that the ball wasn't 100% over the line.

The linesman couldn't make a decision as he was MILES away from where he should have been.

BCAGFC

Ummm how can you say he was miles from where he should have been? He was perfectly in position, in line with the last defender, or do you mean he should have made it 30 yards down the line in 2 seconds?

post-4957-1205180949_thumb.jpg

A slightly better picture for you to show it was over.

Still don't think it was over personally because the ball is still marginally in the air in that shot I think. The frame after that one shows no grass between the ball and the line and a puff of chalk, and that means the whole ball can't be over.

Archived