IGNORED

Wrestlemania Xxiv

swji

I doubt any where will be showing it, if i cant find it ill be watching at home.

Also reported it will be the first HD WWE broadcast in UK

Yeah, watching at home, sadly doubt any pubs will be showing it, shame.

Frankly I think this year is looking terrible, the 3 way doesn't hold my interest as you know either Cena or HHH is winning and I don't really like either of them.

and Mayweather thus far hasn't come over very well, he's a natural heel.

My ideal scenario:

Jeff Hardy wins the MITB and then cashes in that night and ends the show as champ, then I wake up and realise I have been dreaming.

But to get yourself in the mood, why not come to Yate the night before and watch some live wrestling for only £9 *warning, cheap plug alert*

So you don't watch any thing on Tele?

Because nothing on TV is predictable :innocent06:

I don't watch soaps for example because they're so predictable but that's not my gripe with "wrestling".

It's that everything is completely and utterly fixed. There is absolutely no genuine competition in it whatsoever.

Yeah some of it must take some athleticism to do but why dress it up as a competition when it's quite obviously choreographed (badly)?

How anyone can watch it and say "I hope so and so wins" is beyond me because winning means nothing.

2am at least in a pub? doubt it very much!

Lost interest when Stone Cold and The Rock left. HHH runs the show now.. :disapointed2se:

That's what I told my mate!!! But I've heard about a Sportsbar in Glasgow doing an annual Wrestlemania night so I guess it was worth a shot asking.

Oh and the first WWE HD Broadcast is Raw next Monday.

Guest MaloneFM

You should be able to watch it on saturday.

Just before the football results on World of Sport on ITV. Kent Walton is the man.

If it ain't Jackie 'Mr TV' Pallo v Kendo Nagasaki then it ain't worth the electricity.

Ok, Here's my take on wrestling.

It gets asked to me all the time.

Most older fans are those that got attached when they were younger and kept with it, in the same way that some younger people who started reading Harry Potter books, there were 7 of those spanning over a decade, so grown adults now read those books about a fantasy world that isn't real, yet it's socially exceptable.

When you watch an action film, you know that all the special effects have been safety checked and no one was hurt in the scene, yet you enjoy watching it with the knowledge that it's 'fixed'

Wrestling is pure panto, you cheers for the good guys and boo the bad guys, they take part in matches, but as someone who is a wrestler I can assure you that it's not all 'rehearsed' it's not something that can be just 'done' you need to know what you are doing in a ring and how to do it, there's many myths about how things are done, some are right, some are wrong, but one thing is for certain, it takes a toll on your body, saying the moves are fake maybe true, but calling the whole thing fake IMO is a mis justice.

As for someone 'winning' something not meaning anything, that highlights the lack of knowledge of how the wrestling business works. There's a detailed political network within the WWE and someone winning the WWE title, is the same way of them saying 'You're our tope guy now, represent the company and make some money for us' there's alot of guys who currently are not getting the shot that many think they deserve because of internal politics within the company, this is just the surface and I could spend literally days explaining.

It's not just WWE, there's loads of existing promotions that I personally find interesting for different reasons, but the main reason is, I enjoy watching wrestling matches, I know what goes in to a good match and enjoy seeing 2 guys working hard to entertain a crowd.

Guest MaloneFM

Sir are you suggesting that Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, Mick McManus, Kung Fu, Dynamite Kidd, Rollerball Rocco, Catweazle, Bobby Barnes and Adrian Street were acting?

Putting on a show of sorts?

Are you on medication?

Can I have some?

What do you watch then?

There's a great deal more on TV than just wrestling and soaps thank christ.

Wrestling is just a Soap Opera, There is no sporting aspect... its called World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT so its not like they are trying to trick us

So why do they pretend there is a sporting aspect? If they just called it "oiled up blokes in speedos off their skulls on steroids pretend to hit people with chairs" I wouldn't mind.

You didn't answer my question, what do you watch ?

Football, comedy, films, boxing, rugby.. etc

Yes I am aware that films aren't real. It's not in any way relevant.

When do they pretend there is a sporting aspect, theres a physical aspect but no sporting aspect.

Every bloody time they have a match with a "winner" and a "loser"...? They call it "sports entertainment" by the way. Compare it with Dream Team, an admittedly awful soap, but at least that never pretended to be real. You wouldn't dream of buying a Harchester United shirt or of hoping they win the FA cup would you?

That's the difference that makes me fail to understand why people watch it. If it didn't pretend to be a real sport and most importantly take up valuable time on my sports channels I wouldn't give a monkeys.

I hate people like you and don't feel i have to explain something i enjoy watching? Explain what makes it childish?

I grew up at the height of wrestling with the Attitude era and enjoyed my wrestling, although its not as good now i still enjoy it.

I'm sure you watch films with a good guy who you know is going to end up with the girl, or do you not?

Wrestling is just another soap that is on television just i enjoy watching this instead of Corrie or Emmerdale.

Do you sit at home and play with action figures too? Explain to me why they release toys etc if it's not aimed at children of a young age?

Why do you keep referring to soaps? Men do not watch soaps. We watch things such as sport & top gear. Not a bunch of steroid filled apes pretending to hit eachother with chairs.

Valuable time at 1 in the morning?

It shouldn't be on sports channels if it's a soap as you say should it? And it's often on in prime time.

There are Winners and Losers in movies like Rocky for example which is pretending to be sport and real?

Rocky is a fictional film and doesn't pretend to be anything else. We know that the script was written a long time ago when we choose to watch it.

WWE is a fictional soap opera but pretends to be a sport. Everyone pretends that anything could happen, they even have the cheek to call people "World Champions" - at what exactly? Following a script?

If you don't understand what I find strange about it by now, you're not going to. I just find it very unusual that something that is completely fixed has people making comments like "I hope <random_sweat_covered_yank> wins".

Not saying people shouldn't watch it, just that I don't get it and I don't think it should be wasting air on sports channels. Put it on Nickelodeon or something and I won't care.

Guest MaloneFM
well done hard men

Is that because they are oiled up, mostly naked and rolling around on a mat the thing that gets them hard? And are they well done or just orange?

You can get football toys/ stickers etc... is football aimed at kids?

You all seem to find it sad to watch wrestling but i think its more sad you feel the the need to take the piss out of people that do, well done hard men :innocent06:

Nobody is taking the piss, you're being more than a touch over sensitive about it. Why's that?

[quote name='Dave Youell' date='Mar 10 2008, 9:06 PM' post='893915'

It's not just WWE, there's loads of existing promotions that I personally find interesting for different reasons, but the main reason is, I enjoy watching wrestling matches, I know what goes in to a good match and enjoy seeing 2 guys working hard to entertain a crowd.

Dave, are you one of the blokes in your sig poster?

Yeah, I'm the guy to the left of the Green Mask guy (I look like i'm taking a sh1t)

I sent the promoter 20 pictures, for some reason he chooses that one, I think it's a rib on me, please pass on word of the show to anyone you think that might enjoy it

Archived