IGNORED

Southampton - Away

EmersonsKev

In light on the sites release that there is 170 tickets left for Southampton. I think it is awsome that in less than a week, a month before the game that we can sell over 3000 to season ticket holders alone. Well done City fans, onwards and upwards!

Personally I'm lreally ooking forward to it, going down on Friday and coming back Sunday.

Aye it is awesum how many we have sold in only a week. Just go's to show what the demand will be like should we make it to the premiership. Bit of a shame that Southampton wont give us any more though, espically if they don't sell out. I'm sure we could take 5,000 there if they gave us the tickets.

Aren't you a lucky one. My first away game was a cold day in November away at Wigan at Springfield park 20 years ago. How the world has changed :whistle:

Yep, mine was on a half full terrace in Chesterfield! Just got my tickets for Southampton though, can't wait.

In view of Southampton's average attendance of 20,693, the capacity of the ground being 32,689 and their money-problems, I am surprised that they aren't going to give us any more tickets, as we probably could have sold 5-6k for this one. Of course I understand they wouldn't move season ticket holders but if I was in charge of Southampton FC I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth! :innocent06:

How would you like it if City sait to you one day that you can't sit in your usual seat? The section next to the away fans is probably the most populated area in the ground so would be upsetting a lot of people

what time do the phone lines open tomorrow see if i can get a couple, was going to wait til before watford but not anymore

The ticket office will open 1 minute after I have bought mine and my boys ticket. I will let you know when to call!!

:innocent06:

this makes little sense from a southampton perspective. city could sell another 3000 tickets for this one, with it being a new ground for many plus it's a massive fixture. 3000 x £20 = £60,000. Even if they've got to turf out several hundred season ticket holders, how could they afford to turn this revenue down? why not compensate season ticket holders with a £20 voucher etc? really thought they'd give us more than they have

No

If i was a southampton fan with nothing to play for then i would not mind moving for one game to accomodate a huge travelling support, if its helping the club financially when everybody knows they are in a bit of trouble then whats the point in not doing it, I personally think if results go our way between now and then we could actually take 8000 +.

Archived