IGNORED

City Lose

PAPA650

Just got back from game and sorry guys give all the stick you like we might as well have lost tonight !!!

win was needed to give us daylight between the chasing pack WBA 3 games in hand so we need at least 1 lose and a draw from them ? and Stoke right up our ass aswell as Watford sticking with us ?

I'm not going to say the boys played bad but final ball and top striker to finish might be the death of us gaining automatic promotion !!! i felt GJ should have gone two up alot earlier than he did and then the point who is there for us ??????? 8 games to go and we wont get a better chance to go up in a funny and tight division, for me a MUST is bring in a TOP STRIKER sod the money we got to have the class and fire to finish that final ball in some fine build ups, also Russel and Brooker banging them in for chelts worth a go surelly but if not we need some fire power up front and go 4 the throat !! other teams are up and down also so if we had that final strike option promotion could well have been sewn up ? getting to nervous now looks like its going to go to the wire now and prey results go 4 us, we have worst goal diff in top half and half of our points are from the best keeper in the championship to thank for where we are!! over to you

A defeat would have put Watford a point behind us with a game in hand...is it is, they are still four points behind which could make all the different come the end of the season.

It was well earned and thoroughly merited point against a decent side who were two leagues above us last season.

Why exactly may it as well have been a defeat?

Knee jerk reaction I think. We're still up there with our destiny in our own hands!!

A defeat would have put Watford a point behind us with a game in hand...is it is, they are still four points behind which could make all the different come the end of the season.

It was well earned and thoroughly merited point against a decent side who were two leagues above us last season.

Why exactly may it as well have been a defeat?

Knee jerk reaction I think. We're still up there with our destiny in our own hands!!

Spoke to my Watford mate on his way home and he's gutted with a point.

Personally I'd be gutted if I had to watch their brand of football every week like him but from their point of view (4 blokes in a car so admittedly not all of their fans) - a point is very much better for Bristol City than them.

Just got back from game and sorry guys give all the stick you like we might as well have lost tonight !!!

win was needed to give us daylight between the chasing pack WBA 3 games in hand so we need at least 1 lose and a draw from them ? and Stoke right up our ass aswell as Watford sticking with us ?

What was required tonight was to not lose. A draw was a better result for us than it was for Watford.

It's Watford v Stoke Saturday so both teams can't get 3 points.

If we beat Plymouth the worst we can be is top of the table, 3 points clear of 3rd.

Points in the bag are far more important than games in hand this end of the season I reckon.

I'm not going to say the boys played bad but final ball and top striker to finish might be the death of us gaining automatic promotion !!! i felt GJ should have gone two up alot earlier than he did and then the point who is there for us ??????? 8 games to go and we wont get a better chance to go up in a funny and tight division, for me a MUST is bring in a TOP STRIKER sod the money we got to have the class and fire to finish that final ball in some fine build ups, also Russel and Brooker banging them in for chelts worth a go surelly but if not we need some fire power up front and go 4 the throat !! other teams are up and down also so if we had that final strike option promotion could well have been sewn up ? getting to nervous now looks like its going to go to the wire now and prey results go 4 us, we have worst goal diff in top half and half of our points are from the best keeper in the championship to thank for where we are!! over to you

Steve Brooker.

a point gain yes but 2 points lost is my opinion ?? GOAL MACHINE NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!!

Big picture Pops. Still top.

Watford and stoke play each other next and Watford play baggies soon. Charlton and p- muff both lose tonight.

Granted we need to beat Plymuff to keep our recent promotion form going ( average 2pts per game) but even that aint the end of the world if we don't. Still in with a shout if we lose.

Last thing we need is to panic and get more strikers in, hasnt helped anyone in this league ( wolves have most of them :innocent06:)

IF we play like we did tonight or 2nd half vs Charlton against P-muff then we should be ok. :fingerscrossed:

a point gain yes but 2 points lost is my opinion ?? GOAL MACHINE NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about getting a different striker - rather I'd like to see us give more support to Adebola.

I've never been a fan of 4-4-1-1 at home I just find it negative in that he was so isolated at times in that second half that we were finding the ball coming straight back.

To be honest mate, i reckon your well outa line to use the words "Not good enough" i wasnt at tonights match as i live in Nottingha, but a draw at home to Watford is no disgrace at all.

At the end of the day we need to get perspective, we are doing incredibly well to be where we are and are overachieving. If we finish 10th we will still have had a tremendous season.

If your going to criticse the players, then thats up to you, but i for one will be sticking by them.

On a sidenote , i presume a lot of fans are happy to see Lee J injured, let see how we do without him for a while and see if fans still feel the same way then

who cares they have nothing to prove if we don't go up so what they have done a mighty fine job ,just support and think to yur self how hard they must have to play to compete at this lvl.. if we bought ronaldo tommorow you would have anegative point to get across no doubt

To be honest mate, i reckon your well outa line to use the words "Not good enough" i wasnt at tonights match as i live in Nottingha, but a draw at home to Watford is no disgrace at all.

At the end of the day we need to get perspective, we are doing incredibly well to be where we are and are overachieving. If we finish 10th we will still have had a tremendous season.

If your going to criticse the players, then thats up to you, but i for one will be sticking by them.

On a sidenote , i presume a lot of fans are happy to see Lee J injured, let see how we do without him for a while and see if fans still feel the same way then

I'm not knocking the players only the result boys played well, just need to go past the winning line !! 3 draws in a row now so is that enough ???? i totally agree cracking season and well done to all at bcfc, agree august i would have taken staying up but thats ccc ftb this season and again i'l quote striker needed for automatic i think :fingerscrossed:

It's funny. At the start of teh season you look at the fixtures and you think I will be delighted if we can get a point from that game. Tonights game was one of them games where I would have took a point from it before the season had started. But leaving AG tonight I felt a sense of dissapointment even though I know that a point against them is a good point.

I don't know about getting a different striker - rather I'd like to see us give more support to Adebola.

I've never been a fan of 4-4-1-1 at home I just find it negative in that he was so isolated at times in that second half that we were finding the ball coming straight back.

Thing is Adebola was heavily marked by whom I think is one and if not the best defender outside of the premiership so at times it was as if we were playing without a striker. Even the introduction of the guy who hasn't scored since Norwich away couldn't help us. I am looking forward to Brookers return as him and Adebola up front could be a very good partnership.

I'm not knocking the players only the result boys played well, just need to go past the winning line !! 3 draws in a row now so is that enough ???? i totally agree cracking season and well done to all at bcfc, agree august i would have taken staying up but thats ccc ftb this season and again i'l quote striker needed for automatic i think :fingerscrossed:

3 Draws, 1 very very very lucky point v leicster, 1 against a good charlton side a fair result and now another point against Watford, another promotion chasing team.

How exactly is a point a bad result? we should of won maybe.... but we didn't its a worse result for them as they haven't gained anything on us, whereas a defeat would see them within a point and a game in hand?

Doom and gloom Doom and gloom have a reality check mate and think where we were 2 years ago :bruce_h4h:

3 draws in a row now so is that enough ???? i totally agree cracking season and well done to all at bcfc, agree august i would have taken staying up but thats ccc ftb this season and again i'l quote striker needed for automatic i think :fingerscrossed:

As somebody has said above, given the manner of the games tonight and against Leicester, if we weren't going to draw, a loss was more likely. If you are not going to win, the important thing is not to lose, and the team have shown that in the last 3 games.

Last night's point was far better for us than Watford. Never mind that they missed a penalty, so will feel that they missed a chance and should have scored, a draw also means that one game is used up, with a nearby team gaining nothing on us. What is important now is that we beat Plymouth on Saturday, so that when one (or both) of Stoke or Watford drop points this weekend, we are in the position to capitalise. Lets make sure we pack AG to the rafters and shout the lads home to victory.

MR

The way Watford play is crude to the extreme, and given they haven't played for a while and are far fresher, plus the conditions, I think we didn't do badly. I agree Dele was at times isolated, and would have brought Sproule on far earlier but GJ must have his reasons ! LJ was again doing well until the disgraceful challenge (still can't believe Henderson wasn't sent off).

We live to fight another day and are still top, just about ! - I do think a win is strongly required against Plymouth on saturday though..

If you were a player GJ would have you on the transfer list by now. Reason being he has brought alot of positive attitude into our club which I personally don't think any manager has ever done before. The lads want to perform well now and having a negative attitude goes against everything GJ has done for us!

I'm a very glass half empty guy so the draw was a huge disapointment for me but after listening to GJ on his interview after the game and hearing how he is still thinking positive I'm trusting his judgement.

As a fan we always want to win and thats why we couldn't do the managers job. Just look at Tinnion, his heart was 100% in it but he's not a manager, he is a player and he thinks more like a fan.

Ok Stoke are closer to us, yes WBA have games in hand but you're forgetting a few things...

1) Stoke are close to us, but still not infront of us ;)

2) WBA have 3 games in hand because of all the games they are playing in the FA Cup and that means more fatigue, team changes and general pressure on them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them slip up in league matches when they have such a busy schedule.

3) We still have to play Stoke away. If we fall a point or two behind them there is still that game to take it from them and when it comes to that match if we need a win then I know GJ will go there looking for it.

4) We still have to play Cardiff City and I live in Cardiff and alot of the lads I've been speaking to say that the players are tired due to the FA Cup run. We can take Cardiff at thier ground, I beleive that!

So basically what I'm saying is don't say a draw is a lose because it's not. If we had lost we'd be 2nd right now and remember one thing.....

we're top of the league thanks to the positive attitude of GJ and the players doing a fantastic job, they won't roll over and die because they drew with an ex premiership team who are in 3rd in the league!

Thing is Adebola was heavily marked by whom I think is one and if not the best defender outside of the premiership so at times it was as if we were playing without a striker. Even the introduction of the guy who hasn't scored since Norwich away couldn't help us. I am looking forward to Brookers return as him and Adebola up front could be a very good partnership.

think the previous guy was right though, Adebola was totally isolated last night up front and just didn't seem to have any support, which is supposed to be part of the point of the 4-4-1-1, Noble is supposed to be playing as a link up player, and people can mention how good he is at keeping possesion however his constant failing is that he doesn't provide any sort of attacking play and he links up well with midfield, but he just doesn't create that killer ball into the box. I'm very suprised he started in that position over Carle.

as for Danny Shittu, he did have a good game, but what I found disapointing is that in the away game, Enoch for all his lack of ability ripped apart and bullied the hell out of Shittu and gave him a bloody hard game, Dele Adebola is a much better allround player than Enoch I think we will agree, but he just didn't give Shittu too much trouble at all.

I said before the game that I would be happy with a point.

But having seen the game, was disappointed we didn't get all three.

Papa650 has a point about a goal machine. I thought Dele looked a bit off the pace, even though he did his usual sterling job, and think that - had we had a good regular goalscorer - we would've claimed the win.

You only have to look at our top scorer (Byfield - 8! - and he wasn't even on the bench!) to know that we desperately need someone who can stick the ball in the net from the chances we create.

Still, mustn't grumble! After all, we're still TOP and it's STILL in our hands (we only need to finish 2nd)!

8 games to go! BELIEVE!!!

But if you are a team on top of the league and playing a team who are positioned below you AT home, then it has to be classed as 2 points dropped. Saying the draw was a good gained point has the mentality that the opposition visiting are much better than you.

But if you are a team on top of the league and playing a team who are positioned below you AT home, then it has to be classed as 2 points dropped. Saying the draw was a good gained point has the mentality that the opposition visiting are much better than you.

Not really, it just means that they need the three points on hell of a lot more than you do. Look at the games of the top 3/4 in the prem almost all of them would take draws at home when in the position of being ahead in the legue.

What was important last night was not to loose, and we didn't, and we could have won the game, but conditions were against us and very much in Watfords favour.

the biggest thing from that game for me is that Watford certainly aint all that, on a night when they needed to win and conditions played into their hands they apart from the penalty they looked crap. Of all the top 6 sides i've seen for me Watford are by far and away the worst.

I said before the game that I would be happy with a point.

But having seen the game, was disappointed we didn't get all three.

Papa650 has a point about a goal machine. I thought Dele looked a bit off the pace, even though he did his usual sterling job, and think that - had we had a good regular goalscorer - we would've claimed the win.

You only have to look at our top scorer (Byfield - 8! - and he wasn't even on the bench!) to know that we desperately need someone who can stick the ball in the net from the chances we create.

Still, mustn't grumble! After all, we're still TOP and it's STILL in our hands (we only need to finish 2nd)!

8 games to go! BELIEVE!!!

THX mate nice to see some 1 seeing what i saw :innocent06:

the big hole in our team line up is up front !!!

so to all who are having a pop at me others feel the same ! yes a point was good but home advantage full house (best 4 ages) a win would have given us bigger point advantage and prompt other teams to catch us if you can !!!!! draw last night puts more pressure on us to beat PLYMOUTH again i point out 3 games 3 draws with a lucky point at leicester or it could have been worst ! wont get a better chance to go up into promise land, season has been wide open for many teams in this division never seen it so strange before

WE NEED A QUALITY STRIKER NOW :englandflag:

Archived