IGNORED

The Atmosphere

Almondsbury_red

the atmosphere last night was terrible. we are top of the league heading for the premiership and the fans can't be bothered to get behind the team. at times it was ok last night but we need everyone to sing. landsdown praised the atmosphere created recently and last night i felt it went back to how it used to be.

more people need to start songs. people will join in with you, you just need the balls to do it. instead of the normal few who start them we need different people doing it aswell. lets make sure the plymouth game we are right behind the team whether we are winning losing or drawing :englandsmile4wf:

the atmosphere last night was terrible. we are top of the league heading for the premiership and the fans can't be bothered to get behind the team. at times it was ok last night but we need everyone to sing. landsdown praised the atmosphere created recently and last night i felt it went back to how it used to be.

more people need to start songs. people will join in with you, you just need the balls to do it. instead of the normal few who start them we need different people doing it aswell. lets make sure the plymouth game we are right behind the team whether we are winning losing or drawing :englandsmile4wf:

I thought the atmosphere was pretty good last night. It took a while to get going as not much happened on the pitch in a cagey first 15 minutes, but when things got spicy towards the end of the first half it was as loud as it has ever been. HT came at a bad point in that respect because it calmed everything down again. Agree with your comments about the Plymouth game though! COME ON YOU REDS!

MR

Lets be fair, your not going to get 90 minutes of 'come on you reds' etc... Overall the atmosphere I thought was very good and has improved since the league one days. Even the likes of Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal will not sing and chant for 90 minutes.

The Watford lads I spoke to after the game said the atmosphere was excellent.

MM

where were you sitting??

brilliant atmosphere by the way

well done everyone

dolman b block. at one point people at the back were singing top of the lague and we still don't sing. it may have been better in other parts of the ground but there it was unusually poor.

Yeah + that was really going to get people singing!! What i didnt understand with that chant is we were all singing for 10 mins before that??? Then followed by a negative song which is not going to motivate people to sing. Then near the end of the game singing for trundle to come on when the lads that were out there were doing a good job?

Yeah + that was really going to get people singing!! What i didnt understand with that chant is we were all singing for 10 mins before that??? Then followed by a negative song which is not going to motivate people to sing. Then near the end of the game singing for trundle to come on when the lads that were out there were doing a good job?

Singing for ten minutes are u taking the piss. 3 rows sung and that was it. grunting come on u redz doesnt count as singing. we as a group tried to start at least 20 songs more than once yet none of u ungrateful boring old farts gets involved.

singing top of the league and u still don't sing is a fair reflection of years of watching city as the fans are acoustically crap. and alot of the time really negative.

we sang for Trundle wen we saw him strip off u silly old tit so get your facts right, in that instance we were getting behind one of our underperforming players, which is a huge contrast to the rest of the dolman who didnt sing for the lads who were "doing a good job" get your facts right eh!

you shouldn't need to be motivated u mug, the only motivation required should be that city are top.

after the atmospher at hull, charlton and leicester i was anticipating some sort of change with the fans, fairplay to the atyeo and the eastend uv got the right idea.

another thing that got my goat was the fact that instead of joining in people turned around and watched us try to help the team, i expect mmost of those were at the mem on saturday though!

i love city with all of my heart but even the song sing your hearts out for the boys didnt catch on, that is really disgusting.

on a more positive note

we are top of the league say we are top of the league

Singing for ten minutes are u taking the piss. 3 rows sung and that was it. grunting come on u redz doesnt count as singing. we as a group tried to start at least 20 songs more than once yet none of u ungrateful boring old farts gets involved.

singing top of the league and u still don't sing is a fair reflection of years of watching city as the fans are acoustically crap. and alot of the time really negative.

we sang for Trundle wen we saw him strip off u silly old tit so get your facts right, in that instance we were getting behind one of our underperforming players, which is a huge contrast to the rest of the dolman who didnt sing for the lads who were "doing a good job" get your facts right eh!

you shouldn't need to be motivated u mug, the only motivation required should be that city are top.

after the atmospher at hull, charlton and leicester i was anticipating some sort of change with the fans, fairplay to the atyeo and the eastend uv got the right idea.

another thing that got my goat was the fact that instead of joining in people turned around and watched us try to help the team, i expect mmost of those were at the mem on saturday though!

i love city with all of my heart but even the song sing your hearts out for the boys didnt catch on, that is really disgusting.

on a more positive note

I'm assuming you stand at the back in the middle??

well from row x near the a block i always get involved with the songs. when bounce around the ground was going near ht me and a mate started that. it's difficult from were i am to join in with bounce around the ground but i always do with everyother song.

and i hope all of you aren't moving to the eastend next year or god help the atmosphere.

I sit in Dolman B block near the back and I thought the atmosphere was pretty good. The atmosphere all season has been good.

I get really bored of this atmosphere was rubbish thread this is not the first, does any of you lot remeber the Osman era or the early to mid 90s it was pretty poor then.

I have a copy of the Bounty Hunter circa 1989 and in it is a artical having a go at the lack of atmosphere.

on a more positive note

Yes it's frustrating that some people don't join in, then to get personal is out of order. it's not just the top 3 rows that sing + i do find it frustrating that when we get these big crowds that the atmosphere isnt as good. Personally I think it was a good atmosphere at the start, the 2nd half wasnt great but it's not the worse it's been this season. I don't think the game helped too much as it was a tense affair. As for the trundle chant it was sang twice, once 10 mins before he came on then when he unstripped?! I think what will annoy us most next season if we go up is if the part timers get season tickets + end up getting tickets ahead of fans that have been there year in year out following the team home + away.

sorry 4 getting personal, its just the supposed lack of effort really is anoying.

i'm not goin but the main song starter looks set to move so the dolman is going to be a very quiet library next year

we really need a change of attitude up there because singing should not be a decision but a requirment of suporting city,

if u want a nice cosy match then a) watch the tele at home or b)watch the sags because they need as many fans as they cn get at the moment

U REDZ

Atmosphere was quite frankly embarrassing for a game that big, especially after the noise we created for a far less attractive game vs hull.

I was really up for a good sign along on Tuesday but the old part timers ruined that. Part from a few 'come on you reds' chants it was just the back 3 if not 2 rows signing in the dolmoan. v. dissapointing :disapointed2se:

just giving my opinion on what it was like. People wouldnt have 'moaned' (as you put it) about the atmosphere and started a topic on it if it was ne gd would they?!! we tried are hardest to get songs goin but v.few people joined in.

bring on the East end next season

Archived