IGNORED

Great Game - Shame About The Parking Ticket!

Brent Knoll Red

I have to begin by saying what a cracking game at the gate last night - another great point and another game gone!

On another note, did anyone else get a parking ticket on Clanage Road Rownham Hill last night? I noticed at least 20-30 cars with Fixed penalty notices? I've been parking there for 10 years - how on earth can this be and I quote: Unnecessary Obstruction?

Not happy!

I have to begin by saying what a cracking game at the gate last night - another great point and another game gone!

On another note, did anyone else get a parking ticket on Clanage Road Rownham Hill last night? I noticed at least 20-30 cars with Fixed penalty notices? I've been parking there for 10 years - how on earth can this be and I quote: Unnecessary Obstruction?

Not happy!

I sometimes wonder about the attitude of the police on occasions such as this.

Parking is hard enough as it is without Old Bill sticking their oar in.

It's ONE evening (4 hours max), yet OB are out in force on the A370, putting down their cones ensuring people can't park where they normally park at 95% of all other times during the season.

At about 18-20 other home games, it ok to park there - but for sheer bloody-mindedness, the A&S Constabulary (Traffic Division) take the award.

It's ONE evening (4 hours max), yet OB are out in force on the A370, putting down their cones ensuring people can't park where they normally park at 95% of all other times during the season.

At about 18-20 other home games, it ok to park there - but for sheer bloody-mindedness, the A&S Constabulary (Traffic Division) take the award.

I totally agree.

It's not worth blowing this out of proportion, but I can't help but think if all concerned stood firm against 'The Mindless Ticket Issuers' then it might go a small way to stopping the A&S filling their pockets with the hard earned cash of loyal city supporters.

Enough of my ranting and Come on you Reds!

I got a ticket parking there a few weeks ago. It's all down to the road markings, just at the spot where the police horse & dog place is the markings in the middle of the road changes to two solid white lines. Anything beyond that point gets ticketed. Happens every big game when the parked cars reach back far enough.

I got a ticket parking there a few weeks ago. It's all down to the road markings, just at the spot where the police horse & dog place is the markings in the middle of the road changes to two solid white lines. Anything beyond that point gets ticketed. Happens every big game when the parked cars reach back far enough.

Thanks for the note.

I'll make sure I remember that in future!

I hope A&S Const. choke on my £30!

Not sure which bit of the A370 you are talking about, but if it is the slip road down towards David Lloyd, then it shouldn't need cones as it is a clearway until the yellow lines, so you shouldn't be parking there anyway. Which is bizarre as parking there causes no obstruction.

Also cars parked on the grass outside the Park and ride were clamped, despite there being no warning signs.

if it was for parking just up from or around the police horse centre - do not pay it.

Simply write back to them stating it was has been wrongly given to you and ask for your day in court.

I was given a ticket there last year, with the same reason given. I wsa unhappy as it is not clearly marked that you cannot park there, so decided to have my day in court.

They never replied or chased me for the money, after that.

they will purse the odd one, but most they will not follow up, particulary if there is a grey area in the case.

If you are on a double yellow etc, then pay up, but if it was at a place like on the verge by the police centre refuse.

A simply polite letter explaining your case and asking to go to court will save you £30.

Not sure which bit of the A370 you are talking about, but if it is the slip road down towards David Lloyd, then it shouldn't need cones as it is a clearway until the yellow lines, so you shouldn't be parking there anyway. Which is bizarre as parking there causes no obstruction.

Also cars parked on the grass outside the Park and ride were clamped, despite there being no warning signs.

I'm well aware it's a clearway and they are 'within their rights', but the point I was trying to make is that in 8 out of 10 home games, they turn a blind eye to it, like they do to most of the illegal parking around the winterstoke road interchange slip roads.

What is it about the home games they they can be bothered about and clamp down on the parking? Are their stats down for the month, has someone given them a boot in the ass? What is it? I think people would accept it more if they were at least consistent about where you can and can't park.

I'm well aware it's a clearway and they are 'within their rights', but the point I was trying to make is that in 8 out of 10 home games, they turn a blind eye to it, like they do to most of the illegal parking around the winterstoke road interchange slip roads.

What is it about the home games they they can be bothered about and clamp down on the parking? Are their stats down for the month, has someone given them a boot in the ass? What is it? I think people would accept it more if they were at least consistent about where you can and can't park.

I would have said it is more like 2 out of 10 that they turn a blind eye to it.

Although I think it is bonkers, and I don't like the fact that they sit watching in their van while people park there, but if you park on a clearway I struggle to understand how you can complain.

I even saw some idiots moving the cones and parking while the police van was parked on the grass with its lights flashing one Saturday a while ago.

Guest red ken 2

I noticed about a month ago on a saturday game the OB on Clanage Road booking cars parked there, outside of the A/S mounted section. First time i have ever noticed this happening, looks like another way of the OB picking on the motorist as a easy way of making money. Its a pity they don't do what there payed for (overpaid), and thats catch the pond life thats out committing crime undetected.

A mate got clamped down by the David Lloyd centre. He seen a space on a grass verge where loads of other cars were parked and he parked there. When he got back all the cars on the verge were clamped.

He said no view from a junction was blocked, there were not blocking any entrances, in fact they were doing no harm except being parked on grass.

Problem is, it's put him off because of lack of parking and the way it was dealt with.

He enjoyed the game and was looking to come down Saturday, which he may still do as he will have more time to find a parking space as he isn't working, but for future games on an evening, I don't think he'll be attending.

I'm still trying to convince him.

MM

A mate got clamped down by the David Lloyd centre. He seen a space on a grass verge where loads of other cars were parked and he parked there. When he got back all the cars on the verge were clamped.

He said no view from a junction was blocked, there were not blocking any entrances, in fact they were doing no harm except being parked on grass.

Problem is, it's put him off because of lack of parking and the way it was dealt with.

He enjoyed the game and was looking to come down Saturday, which he may still do as he will have more time to find a parking space as he isn't working, but for future games on an evening, I don't think he'll be attending.

I'm still trying to convince him.

MM

I haven't posted about the parking yet because I was more interested discussing the game and the hoofball merchants etc but I have to say that the parking down there now is getting worse and worse.

Probably felt worse because I had the old man in the passenger seat who has all the patience of Ian Paisley ("Look at this bloody idiot coming down here now, he can see there ain't no room" etc etc etc)

He did make one point in his ramblings of "no wonder they don't get full houses, who wants to come down and see the City when you got to spend an hour in a car afterwards??"

Obviously there is little the club can do immediately about this, but I got down there about 6.20 on tuesday and spent a hell of a long time on all the back roads by Duckmoor Road trying to find a space. Ended up right back up by the Honey Pot!!

If they wanted to hand out parking infringements, an inspector would have had a field day with some of the parking down that way on tuesday.

As a note for the new stadium - parking has to be a big priority. If people can't adequately park, then like my dad said (only sensible thing out of his mouth in this 5 min tirade) then your fairweather boys who we need to attract more and more will be put off coming.

As a note for the new stadium - parking has to be a big priority. If people can't adequately park, then like my dad said (only sensible thing out of his mouth in this 5 min tirade) then your fairweather boys who we need to attract more and more will be put off coming.

Could be a planning issue there, as I expect a major part of the planning approval will be how encouragement to use public transport will be incorporated.

Following football doesn't do much for your carbon footprint!

Had my car towed away recently during a game along with many others - from memory it was a long walk to the pund and £130 to get it back (Cumberland basin). There are cars parked there in the same place every week and I have been parking there for a number of years...

Thanks for the note.

I'll make sure I remember that in future!

I hope A&S Const. choke on my £30!

Your £30 will pay for a bottle of Bollinger for some corrupt inbred Toff Crown Prosecution Service lawyer, unless you grit your teeth and write a letter as suggested in this thread - they might let you off.

I haven't posted about the parking yet because I was more interested discussing the game and the hoofball merchants etc but I have to say that the parking down there now is getting worse and worse.

Probably felt worse because I had the old man in the passenger seat who has all the patience of Ian Paisley ("Look at this bloody idiot coming down here now, he can see there ain't no room" etc etc etc)

He did make one point in his ramblings of "no wonder they don't get full houses, who wants to come down and see the City when you got to spend an hour in a car afterwards??"

Obviously there is little the club can do immediately about this, but I got down there about 6.20 on tuesday and spent a hell of a long time on all the back roads by Duckmoor Road trying to find a space. Ended up right back up by the Honey Pot!!

If they wanted to hand out parking infringements, an inspector would have had a field day with some of the parking down that way on tuesday.

On the bright side now we have had our first sell out with more expected parking can't get much worse can it. The key is if at all possible try and get down there early enough. At least an hour before kick off and if you know the good spots then your laughing. It's a ten min walk to where I park from the EE and then within 5 mins of getting in my car I'm on the portway and on my way home. But the truth is most of us have no choice but to illegally park as there just isn't a significantly amount of legal parking around AG.

On the bright side now we have had our first sell out with more expected parking can't get much worse can it. The key is if at all possible try and get down there early enough. At least an hour before kick off and if you know the good spots then your laughing. It's a ten min walk to where I park from the EE and then within 5 mins of getting in my car I'm on the portway and on my way home. But the truth is most of us have no choice but to illegally park as there just isn't a significantly amount of legal parking around AG.

Yeah I'm usually ok on the roads around Duckmoor, it was just shocking on tuesday.

I'm a little concerned about saturday, have to get on the road and get down to Cornwall for a party - so going the same way as our green mates.

Thing is, do I become one of those early leavers????

Yeah I'm usually ok on the roads around Duckmoor, it was just shocking on tuesday.

I'm a little concerned about saturday, have to get on the road and get down to Cornwall for a party - so going the same way as our green mates.

Thing is, do I become one of those early leavers????

If your going straight from the game park on the Ashton Gate under pass or the Jessop underpass facing towards the Portway then you will quickly be able to get on the Portway and onto the motorway.

Archived