IGNORED

Gone With The Wind & Frankly I Don't Give A Damn!

Blagdon red

While I agree about McIndoe and Wilson being too narrow too much, I thought BB was a bit ruthless in his criticism of the quality of our play.

At times, we played some great stuff against the hoofballers, especially in the second-half, and it was only a lack of a decent striker that cost us the points. Boothroyds footballing philosophy was obvious - move the ball forward as quickly as possible.

For a team pressing for promotion, I thought Watford were very similar to Palace and Stoke, big and beefy with a lack of real ability in the side, apart from Smith.

At times, in the first half, we seemed to be forced into playing their long-ball game, but once we got our midfiled stroking the ball around in the second period, they were chasing shadows. We looked comfortable and should have won it.

While I agree about McIndoe and Wilson being too narrow too much, I thought BB was a bit ruthless in his criticism of the quality of our play.

At times, we played some great stuff against the hoofballers, especially in the second-half, and it was only a lack of a decent striker that cost us the points. Boothroyds footballing philosophy was obvious - move the ball forward as quickly as possible.

For a team pressing for promotion, I thought Watford were very similar to Palace and Stoke, big and beefy with a lack of real ability in the side, apart from Smith.

At times, in the first half, we seemed to be forced into playing their long-ball game, but once we got our midfiled stroking the ball around in the second period, they were chasing shadows. We looked comfortable and should have won it.

I don't think the lack of striker is a the problem, Adebola has shown that with decent service he can put goals away, unfortunately I felt last night the biggest problem was that he got totally isolated up front, it's all very well playing 5 in midfield, but when they still aren't creative then you have a problem, it's all very well having players who can keep hold of the ball and keep possesion, but when the link up player who last night was Noble isn't linking up play between midfield and adebola then your having problem, it wasn't until Carle was introduced that we started creating, then it was quickly countered by the watford tactical change.

unfortunately the 4-4-1-1 has been found out for the last few weeks probably since palace, if not before and teams are quickly attapting to it, when they do we can't break teams down, which was the problem last night. The 4-4-1-1 has worked, but mainly when teams haven't been expecting, unfortunately a number of teams have watched us well and are stopping us from playing.

For me with Carle playing in that position we have looked a better team recent games apart from the charlton away game but the last few games we have gone away from that, unfortunately LJ could be out for a bit so it will be interesting how we line up on saturday. Carle may not have any goals/assists yet, but when you look at noble's record since joining City over the last 3 years, i don't think it will take Carle too long to overtake those stats.

After a slow start i thought we played well in the first half and had a couple of chances which just wouldn't go in.

The second half was poor and neither team really looked like scoring. In truth we created very little in the second half and i wonder if it shows how influential LJ is. I hope the injury isn't too serious and he's back soon.

The last 2 substitutions seemed pointless. Trundle was never going to win the type of ball we were playing up front and Sproule with 5 minutes to play - why?

1 other thing i noticed was that Dele took a knock on the hour mark and didn't seem to fully recover. Hope his is OK as we need him back fit for Saturday.

What was up with Byfield and McCombe - injured??

• SC&T Board Members
Why is it titled Charlton1 City1? apart from that agree entirely. Awful conditions that seened to sum up Watford.

Where can you see that title? It all looks correct to me.

PS - Just noticed - it did originally, but BB has since edited it.

After a slow start i thought we played well in the first half and had a couple of chances which just wouldn't go in.

The second half was poor and neither team really looked like scoring. In truth we created very little in the second half and i wonder if it shows how influential LJ is. I hope the injury isn't too serious and he's back soon.

The last 2 substitutions seemed pointless. Trundle was never going to win the type of ball we were playing up front and Sproule with 5 minutes to play - why?

1 other thing i noticed was that Dele took a knock on the hour mark and didn't seem to fully recover. Hope his is OK as we need him back fit for Saturday.

agree about the subs, few of us, were saying the exact same thing just waiting and waiting and waiting, it was quite obvious the subs that needed to be made and he did make the right changes, but both of them should have been made alot earlier as neither Noble or Wilson were effective in the 2nd half after Watford made the change and brought on williamson.

seemed both manager were happy with a draw

I don't think the lack of striker is a the problem, Adebola has shown that with decent service he can put goals away, unfortunately I felt last night the biggest problem was that he got totally isolated up front, it's all very well playing 5 in midfield, but when they still aren't creative then you have a problem, it's all very well having players who can keep hold of the ball and keep possesion, but when the link up player who last night was Noble isn't linking up play between midfield and adebola then your having problem, it wasn't until Carle was introduced that we started creating, then it was quickly countered by the watford tactical change.

The problem with City is well documented and well discussed-We have one striker that is better when he starts than when he's a sub although, in fairness, we don't know that Adebola isn't a great sub! Noble was little better than Carle has been recently and shifting Carle to the right wing on two or three occassions can hardly have helped.

We still need a pacey striker but I wouldn't put my money on GJ signing one ahead of the deadline or recalling Brooker or ES.

unfortunately the 4-4-1-1 has been found out for the last few weeks probably since palace, if not before and teams are quickly attapting to it, when they do we can't break teams down, which was the problem last night. The 4-4-1-1 has worked, but mainly when teams haven't been expecting, unfortunately a number of teams have watched us well and are stopping us from playing.

Better teams with better players & managers-We need to be more imaginative and getting more than three or four players past the ball in open play wouldn't hurt either. Without a quality signing, I still don't think we can play 4-4-2

For me with Carle playing in that position we have looked a better team recent games apart from the charlton away game but the last few games we have gone away from that,

unfortunately LJ could be out for a bit so it will be interesting how we line up on saturday. Carle may not have any goals/assists yet, but when you look at noble's record since joining City over the last 3 years, i don't think it will take Carle too long to overtake those stats.

Regretfully, after a promising start Carle has not looked like scoring or assisting in scoring-He's due a goal or assist or two but with only eight games left he hasn't got long!!

Agreed and they should have been different, not at all or made earlier if we were really going for it.

I hope so too but we because we haven't got a like for like replacement

Assume so but it's like MI6 at the moment so it may not appear on the website.

[

Assume so but it's like MI6 at the moment so it may not appear on the website.

I was told that Radio Bristol said before the game that McCombe was absent injured and Carle had both a tight hamstring and took a blow in the eye during training so didn't start.

I'm always puzzled when managers talk about subs not being not fit to start-What would have happened if Noble got injured after five minutes??

Then Carle would have come on. But it is unlikely that Noble would have got injured, so Johnson took a calculated risk, as all managers do-he thought Carle was fit enough for 10/20 minutes at the end where he could have more of an attacking impact than a fitter midfield player, e.g: Skuse. I suppose, when you think about it, every decision is a calculated risk, what if Vasko and Carey got injured, we only had 1 central defender on the bench.

Archived