IGNORED

Gary Johnson - Interviews & Pr

RedM

Well does he? I don't think so.

He always handles himself with the utmost professionalism and dignity. He always says the right thing and is not arrogant in victory and is gracious in defeat.

He takes the sting out of situations and brings humour into the interviews, without the 'look at me I'm a funny man, please love me' that some managers seem to thrive on. He appears to answer questions with honesty and openness and gives a great interview. He is making himself very popular with the media and our profile is being raised on and off the pitch.

I'm really so proud to have him as our Manager, I wouldn't want any other. I hope he feels the same way about us! :fingerscrossed:

I'd love to shake his hand and tell him all this, but never had the pleasure of meeting him yet, anyway I wouldn't be brave enough to! So Gary if you are reading this, whatever happens this season has been brilliant, so thank you!

Best one was when he was chatting to Wrighty on TalkSport yesterday.

' So Gary, what will your teamtalk be before the Watford game ?'

'Not the same one I gave againt Leciester, as they steamrolled over us'

I noticed that lots of fans posted to say that watching the highlights on telly the Watford player dived to earn the penalty last night. In his post matrch interview GJ is quoted as saying that he thought it was a penalty because McIndoe's challenge was clumsy ( whether he would have said the same if watford had scored from the pen is a another matter).

It does make a refreshing change for a Manager to not only agree with a penalty decision but to have actually seen the offence committed ( take note Messrs. Ferguson and Wenger)

As for the original post, GJ's skill is not saying too much. We are top of the table and yet Gj is not quoted much in press comment, certainly not as compared to "personality" managers like Warnock. Even when he's on telly, Gary says relatively little. I suspect he prefers to let his acheivements speak for themselves- more accurately he lets the teams acheivements speak for themselves, as the other noticable thing is how often refers to "us" and I can't remember him talking about "I" too often.

Top man and the best signing we've made for many a year.

Well does he? I don't think so.

He always handles himself with the utmost professionalism and dignity. He always says the right thing and is not arrogant in victory and is gracious in defeat.

He takes the sting out of situations and brings humour into the interviews, without the 'look at me I'm a funny man, please love me' that some managers seem to thrive on. He appears to answer questions with honesty and openness and gives a great interview. He is making himself very popular with the media and our profile is being raised on and off the pitch.

I'm really so proud to have him as our Manager, I wouldn't want any other. I hope he feels the same way about us! :fingerscrossed:

I'd love to shake his hand and tell him all this, but never had the pleasure of meeting him yet, anyway I wouldn't be brave enough to! So Gary if you are reading this, whatever happens this season has been brilliant, so thank you!

Here here! I liked his comment that he didn't see the challenge on LJ as he was too busy fighting in the technical area!

I suspect he prefers to let his acheivements speak for themselves- more accurately he lets the teams acheivements speak for themselves, as the other noticable thing is how often refers to "us" and I can't remember him talking about "I" too often.

Top man and the best signing we've made for many a year.

A good manager will let the team take all the credit. By and large Johnson is happy to do that and as fans we know how important a role he plays.

Archived