IGNORED

Time For 4-4-2

potbelly

Looks like LJ is going to be out for a few games which will mean that Carle should get a run alongside Marv`.

We no longer have to try to fit 3 into 2 so i think we should now go 4-4-2.

The only problem is we only have 1 out of the 2 strikers needed for this.

The solution?

Either get Brooker back NOW or get a proven striker in on loan.

I know that it is stating the obvious a bit but 4-4-2 with two good strikers WILL get us promoted.

No time for sentiment, sorry Trunds and Darren but you ain`t good enough for the final push.

Looks like LJ is going to be out for a few games which will mean that Carle should get a run alongside Marv`.

The solution?

I know that it is stating the obvious a bit but 4-4-2 with two good strikers WILL get us promoted.

No time for sentiment, sorry Trunds and Darren but you ain`t good enough for the final push.

I'm not having a go at our strikers because without them we wouldnt be were we are now but i do agree that we do need one premiership class striker in on loan for the final push or atleast a proven championshi striker and i still cant get other why we didnt atleast try to loan leroy out from reading espically now hes at charlton !

I'm not having a go at our strikers because without them we wouldnt be were we are now but i do agree that we do need one premiership class striker in on loan for the final push or atleast a proven championshi striker and i still cant get other why we didnt atleast try to loan leroy out from reading espically now hes at charlton !

Because players like him GJ doesn't want because he is a little ######?

The solution?

I think you're absolutely spot on.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if LJ's season is over after Henderson's horror tackle yesterday and I was impressed with Carle in that role. He looked far more at home there than in the hole.

Can't see GJ going out and getting a proven striker in on loan though personally because he would've gone and done that by now if that was his intention.

So that means going with what we've got. It's time to give Trundle a run out with Dele. Get Sproule back on the right and move Wilson back to where he belongs at right-back.

If we're serious about promotion then Plymouth is a MUST win game now after only taking 3pts from a possible 9. LJ's injury affords us that opportunity to give Dele a partner and what better chance to do it than Saturday.

Brooker could be an option but I'm led to believe he'll be extending his loan in a third month in the next few days.

The solution?

Agree and Disagree.

regardless of the LJ's injury. 4-4-1-1 hasn't really been working lately as alot of teams have moved to playing 5 in midfield to counter our tactics which is totally stopping us from playing which has happened in a number of games lately, LJ's injury though does make our options a bit easier though with Carle playing alongside Elliott and with Dele plus another upfront.

I'd still like to see him and Trundle up front as it hasn't had a real go yet, other option is obviously bring Brooker back into the squad, he's played nearly a dozen games at Cheltenham, so if it's not the time now I don't know when it will be.

I can't see a forward coming in at all, Gary spent most of the transfer window trying to get a "proven striker" in on a perm deal with no luck, so I'd imagine it will be just as tough getting in someone decent in on loan.

please don't mention Nugent, the bloke isn't even fit, and we can't be carrying players despite what they "may" be capable of, he didn't seem that fussed about going to Ipswich on loan, so don't see why it would make much difference in him wanting to come here.

This just shows how stupid some fans are, how many clubs want to loan a proven strikers to the team top of the league? I know lets ask West Brom for Kevin Phillips, or let's try to get James Beattie in...

Oh and Darren and Lee, thanks for your hard work this season in getting us to the top of the league with 8 games left, however, lets face it, we don't want you now we're this close to the end of the season. Did GJ teach you that motivational technique? I really want to check the forum to see if you've ever complained about player loyalty.

Or get Steve Brooker back...wow, on one hand calling for a proven striker on the other calling for a striker who's below the quality of the two you deemed "ain't good enough for the final push"

How did Charlton get on vs Burnley with Leroy in the team last night? I believe one of our not good enough strikers set up the winner for us when we played them there.

The solution?

Trust the players/manager who got us this far, to go all the way? Haven't we learnt we know nothing about football compared to GJ yet?

Let him get on with it.

Archived