IGNORED

Latvia

Collis

I just wondered if anyone had some inside info or confirmation that we will be going to Latvia for a few pre season games again? I suspect it is very likely as it has clearly been a success so far?

I missed out last year so am desperate to make it this time, either going to fly or drive through Germany, Poland etc..

Did anyone on here go last time? How did you find it? any tips on transport, accommodation??

And as Euro 2008 is canceled I don't think anyone has an excuse not to go, should get plenty of City fans out there!

There is also a group on Facebook if anyone is interested in discussing ways to get out there etc! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10745271274

Cheers. :Believe:

I just wondered if anyone had some inside info or confirmation that we will be going to Latvia for a few pre season games again? I suspect it is very likely as it has clearly been a success so far?

I missed out last year so am desperate to make it this time, either going to fly or drive through Germany, Poland etc..

Did anyone on here go last time? How did you find it? any tips on transport, accommodation??

And as Euro 2008 is canceled I don't think anyone has an excuse not to go, should get plenty of City fans out there!

There is also a group on Facebook if anyone is interested in discussing ways to get out there etc! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10745271274

Cheers. :Believe:

Latvia last summer was awesome!

think they fly from bristol nowadays, we got to meet the players, have a beer with them and the coaches, Sir Gary only drank halfs!!

Riga is a pretty nice city to visit, very similar to budapest.

Would highly recommend going if you had the chance!

:clapping::clapping:

I've been to Riga for the past two Summer tours and would heartily recommend it. The City itself is beautiful with plenty of good sightseeing. You also have the beach resort of Jurmala which is only 40 minutes away by train which at that time of year is beautiful and well worth a visit.

Food and drink is relatively cheap with a pint setting you back just over £1.50 in most Old Town bars. My only advice would be to stay away from most Strip Clubs as they are dodgy.

There is a group of us planning a trip to Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania in mid July regardless of whether City tour again.

If you want any specific info plese PM me.

Rimesy (Your guide to Riga)

I've been to Riga for the past two Summer tours and would heartily recommend it. The City itself is beautiful with plenty of good sightseeing. You also have the beach resort of Jurmala which is only 40 minutes away by train which at that time of year is beautiful and well worth a visit.

Food and drink is relatively cheap with a pint setting you back just over £1.50 in most Old Town bars. My only advice would be to stay away from most Strip Clubs as they are dodgy.

There is a group of us planning a trip to Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania in mid July regardless of whether City tour again.

If you want any specific info plese PM me.

Rimesy (Your guide to Riga)

"Six hundred euros and I only saw one nipple", was the quote of the tour. :D

Someone on the Facebook group says that is likely to be held in Holland. :surrender:

I find that hard to believe as I thought the main reason we went abroad was GJ's links in Latvia.

We shall wait for confirmation I guess. :fingerscrossed:

P.S thanks for the info so far lads...

Archived