IGNORED

Is The Premier League Ruining The Beautiful Game?

Chivs

I've seen Sheff Utd, Charlton and Watford at AG now. And I can safely say that if I never see those teams again it won't be a day too soon.

All 3 teams played a less than beautiful version of the game. However, my main gripe is not about the type of play but the cynical, time-wasting, cheating that they bring to the pitch.

Charlton's time wasting started after about 39 minutes. Andy Reid must have stood directly in front of all of our free kicks.

Watford last night managed to kick Johnson off the pitch and then kick the ball away from throw-ins. This is just cynical cheating.

I contrast this with teams who have not recently been in the Premier League, namely Hull and Ipswich. They both played good football and got on in the right spirit.

Am I placing too much emphasis on the Premier League? I might be overlooking other Championship teams that have been cynical. I do recall one. Crystal Palace who were nasty. Hang on, they are managed by ex-Premier League manager Warnock!!

not is ruining......more like HAS RUINED.

used to watch MOTD without fail years back, now looking at the style of some of the football in that league in the majority it's terrible, there is some good teams mainly the top 4, after that i don't see what the big deal is.

scrap the premier league and it's obsession with making the rich richer

lets return to div 1,2,3,4 and let's have some wealth re-distribution and real competition in the game

I'm sick of the big 4 and their stranglehold on English football

Why should teams like bournemouth go in the dogs whilst teams like arsenal turn out another teamfull of overpaid foreign journeymen?

Why should teams like bournemouth go in the dogs whilst teams like arsenal turn out another teamfull of overpaid foreign journeymen?

Think you have the wrong team there, journeymen , no as most are trained up by Wenger from youth and overpaid, no you would also be shocked how much they get paid compared to other Premiership rates.

Check out Newcastles wage bill, how they stay afloat is beyond me.

I had a laugh recently watching Wigan Vs Sunderland; imagine them trying to flog that to foreign cities for the right to host that load of tripe? Who do the arrogant big headed Premiership people think they are? They're so far up their own jacksies they really think the rest of the world will fall over themselves to pay to watch Fulham, Wigan, Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Birmingham. HA HA HA HA HA.

Cripes, they really are egotistical richard craniums. Ruined the game....... yes they have. They ought to go and flock off with their arrogant teams and play somewhere abroad permanently so we can get on with the proper game here.

I had a laugh recently watching Wigan Vs Sunderland; imagine them trying to flog that to foreign cities for the right to host that load of tripe? Who do the arrogant big headed Premiership people think they are? They're so far up their own jacksies they really think the rest of the world will fall over themselves to pay to watch Fulham, Wigan, Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Birmingham. HA HA HA HA HA.

Cripes, they really are egotistical richard craniums. Ruined the game....... yes they have. They ought to go and flock off with their arrogant teams and play somewhere abroad permanently so we can get on with the proper game here.

So you don't like it then ?

Archived