IGNORED

Promotion Run-in

NEWTONRED66

I think now most people believe it's down to the current top four for the two automatic places. Although you could also throw Hull into the mix still as outsiders considering they still have 10 to play.Here's a look at the remaining fixtures involving the top 4 clubs concerned.

City (4 home 4 away) & Stoke (4 home 4 away) 8 games left each, Watford 9 (5 home 4 away) with WBA (5 home 6 away)having another 11 to go kicking off tonight against Palace.

On paper looks like Stoke have the slightly easier run-in but as we all know that counts for nothing.There are plenty of tough fixtures awaiting all concerned with one or two standing out in particular.As you look down through this weekend Watford v Stoke followed by WBA visit to the Valley,a week later Watford away to Hull.Then there is WBA and Watford to play each other and a Black Country Derby to follow that and of course our trip to Stoke.

We all know that clubs fighting relegation are probally harder to play against. There's obviously points going to be dropped and points won when least expected thats the beauty and excitement of the championship this season.

Lets hope this marvellous journey continues with the road taken us all the way to the promised land.

Wed 12th March

WBA v Palace

Sat 15th March

City v Argyle

Watford v Stoke

WBA v Leicester

Fri 21st March

Charlton v WBA

Sat 22nd March

Cardiff v City

Argyle v Watford

Stoke v Blackpool

Sat 29th March

City v Norwich

Hull v Watford

Sheff Wed v Stoke

WBA v Colchester

Tue 1st April

Cardiff v WBA

Sat 5th April

Southampton v City

Watford v Coventry

Mon 7th April

Stoke v Palace

Tue 8th April

Watford v Barnsley

Blackpool v WBA

Sat 12th April

City v Wolves

Coventry v Stoke

WBA v Watford

Tue 15th April

Wolves v WBA

Sat 19th April

Norwich v WBA

Stoke v City

Watford v Palace

Sat 26th April

Colchester v Stoke

Sheff Utd v City

Watford v S****horpe

WBA v Southampton

Sun 4th May

Blackpool v Watford

City v Preston

QPR v WBA

Stoke v Leicester

I think now most people believe it's down to the current top four for the two automatic places. Although you could also throw Hull into the mix still as outsiders considering they still have 10 to play.Here's a look at the remaining fixtures involving the top 4 clubs concerned.

City (4 home 4 away) & Stoke (4 home 4 away) 8 games left each, Watford 9 (5 home 4 away) with WBA (5 home 6 away)having another 11 to go kicking off tonight against Palace.

On paper looks like Stoke have the slightly easier run-in but as we all know that counts for nothing.There are plenty of tough fixtures awaiting all concerned with one or two standing out in particular.As you look down through this weekend Watford v Stoke followed by WBA visit to the Valley,a week later Watford away to Hull.Then there is WBA and Watford to play each other and a Black Country Derby to follow that and of course our trip to Stoke.

We all know that clubs fighting relegation are probally harder to play against. There's obviously points going to be dropped and points won when least expected thats the beauty and excitement of the championship this season.

Lets hope this marvellous journey continues with the road taken us all the way to the promised land.

Wed 12th March

WBA v Palace

Sat 15th March

City v Argyle

Watford v Stoke

WBA v Leicester

Fri 21st March

Charlton v WBA

Sat 22nd March

Cardiff v City

Argyle v Watford

Stoke v Blackpool

Sat 29th March

City v Norwich

Hull v Watford

Sheff Wed v Stoke

WBA v Colchester

Tue 1st April

Cardiff v WBA

Sat 5th April

Southampton v City

Watford v Coventry

Mon 7th April

Stoke v Palace

Tue 8th April

Watford v Barnsley

Blackpool v WBA

Sat 12th April

City v Wolves

Coventry v Stoke

WBA v Watford

Tue 15th April

Wolves v WBA

Sat 19th April

Norwich v WBA

Stoke v City

Watford v Palace

Sat 26th April

Colchester v Stoke

Sheff Utd v City

Watford v S****horpe

WBA v Southampton

Sun 4th May

Blackpool v Watford

City v Preston

QPR v WBA

Stoke v Leicester

Think WBA have a bloody tough run in as well . Pity we did not beat Leicester or Watford as that would have put a lot of pressure on them . Plymouth is a must now with Stoke and Watford sparring .

Wed 12th March

WBA v Palace

WBA Win

Sat 15th March

City v Argyle

city win

Watford v Stoke

Draw

WBA v Leicester

WBA win

Fri 21st March

Charlton v WBA

draw

Sat 22nd March

Cardiff v City

draw

Argyle v Watford

draw

Stoke v Blackpool

Stoke win

Sat 29th March

City v Norwich

City win

Hull v Watford

Draw

Sheff Wed v Stoke

draw

WBA v Colchester

WBA win

Tue 1st April

Cardiff v WBA

draw

Sat 5th April

Southampton v City

draw

Watford v Coventry

Watford win

Mon 7th April

Stoke v Palace

Stoke win

Tue 8th April

Watford v Barnsley

Watford win

Blackpool v WBA

draw

Sat 12th April

City v Wolves

city

Coventry v Stoke

draw

WBA v Watford

WBA win

Tue 15th April

Wolves v WBA

Wolves win

Sat 19th April

Norwich v WBA

draw

Stoke v City

draw

Watford v Palace

Watford

Sat 26th April

Colchester v Stoke

Stoke win

Sheff Utd v City

Sheff UTD win

Watford v S****horpe

Watford win

WBA v Southampton

WBA win

Sun 4th May

Blackpool v Watford

draw

City v Preston

City

QPR v WBA

QPR win

Stoke v Leicester

Stoke win

gives WBA another 19 points (80 points)

Watford another 16 (79 points)

Stoke 16 (82 points)

City 15 (82 points)

Shows how tight it is, and also that every game/point now is crucial!!!

Exciting times...

Not worried, I'm loving it, It's going to be tight what ever... There could quite possibly just 3 points between all 4 teams come the last game, but we sit in best spot right now. So May the 4th be with us. :)

My prediction

City 83

WBA 82

Stoke 82

Watford 81

At start of season i would have thought i'd be worying about the run in to stay up, now its just great. Top of league, every game guaranteed a big one, and should we not quite make it, we've still been amazing and made play offs. I cant wait for the games...

Good times!

WBA's two games in hand are Cardiff away and Wolves at home, can't see them getting 6 points from those two with their inconsistency and that's the point inconsistency. At the start of the season most pundits look for an average 2 points per game for promotion and no one in this league is achieving that.

I had a go at this, trying to be as objective as possible, and it came up with this final table:

Stoke, 86

WBA, 85

City, 79

Watford, 75

:igiveup:

Put in what I honestly think the fortcoming results will be and unfortunately came out as:

Stoke City, 86

West Bromwich Albion, 84

Watford, 78

Bristol City, 78

Hoping I'm wrong though!

WBA's two games in hand are Cardiff away and Wolves at home, can't see them getting 6 points from those two with their inconsistency and that's the point inconsistency. At the start of the season most pundits look for an average 2 points per game for promotion and no one in this league is achieving that.

Actually they're away to Wolves and face a further rearranged game at Blackpool, due to their FA Cup excursion on April 5th.

Archived