IGNORED

Last Week On The Forum

The Humble Realist

In the last week seems to have been a general trend of these three topics and just wanted to express how i feel. i don't post as much as I used to on here as the lines between postivity and negativity have widened so much that you have to repeat yourself so much. However, i post every now and again to express my views and today is one of those times!

Positivity

A lot of people are getting very carried away by our promotion attempt and are forgetting that WBA, Watford and Stoke are very good teams.

We are overachieving (in my opinion) and have to play at 100% every game jsut to get any sort of result normally. The run of 8 unbeaten is superb and we certianly have a SUPERB chance to make the play offs, but have not made the magic 76 figure yet. We are a sizeable club but Watford and WBA are most defnitly bigger, attendances and experience in prem reflect this. As for Stoke i believe we are similar and Pullis has done a very good job there no matter what anyone says about him. We ouselves have no divine right to go up, the same can be said for the other teams in the pack. We should show the oppostion respect, regardless of the respect they show us(as GJ does).

Negativity

I have also been alarmed by the amount of people who criticise the team for draws in the last 3. admittedly leicester we did not play to our best but draws at Charlton and Watford are certainly no disgrace and all 3 points from the 3 games are vital to the play off push. A win agianst plymouth would see a good return from our previous 5 games. Fans need a reality check and need to remmebr if we lost all remaining games it would still have been a FANTASTIC season.

Give the boys a break and get behind them as they will need our support(this must not be confused with people who divinly think we have a right to go up.

Styles of Play

A lot has been made of Watfords style of play and weather it is entertianing ro nto they are up there and should be shown respect (again, even if they don't show us any) as a club we should rise above people who show us no respect as the players and the staff have done on and off the pitch.

Watford may play kick and rush or lnog ball but if they win and finish ahead of us in the league, the fact will be they are a better team than us, maybe not a better footballing passing team but a better team all the same. Bothroyd will ahve done his own side no favours by winding up the city players and memories of Calderwood come back to me after he said "City wont beat Carlisle" (interstingly CC continues to play mind games as a season ticket holder at Forest informs m, they all cant stand him and wish he would get his own house in order!). people who hate and criticise teams like palace and watford must rememebr there are no rules to how u play your football as long as u play within the rules of the game. nowhere is lnog ball football outlawed and agian we should show respect to the opppoistion. Pullis should also be shown a certian level of respect (football wise) as Stoke are up there on merit, as we are ourselves.

On a side ntoe i havnt really seen it mentioned anywhere but it was good for us that Cardiff won yday as a Hull victory coould have seen them move closer to us and potentially a 5th team to the pack

Archived