IGNORED

Basso: Player Of The Season?

martin

When I raised this topic 3 months ago I seemed to be in a minority with many claiming that Elliot should take this awrd.

In my view this is still a no brainer: Basso has been superb throughout.

I'm interested to see the views of others though..

When I raised this topic 3 months ago I seemed to be in a minority with many claiming that Elliot should take this awrd.

In my view this is still a no brainer: Basso has been superb throughout.

I'm interested to see the views of others though..

Yes Elliot has been great for us but without question even he is left behind with Basso's consistant performances . Goalkeepers make mistakes which as you know are highlighted more by them being the one and only in the position for the team . A mistake in the outfield is often redeemed by the player or his team mates but with a keeper there is no one to get you out of the shi*.

Basso has made mistakes as have all keepers but he has won us more points with his fantastic shot stopping and positioning than lost points .

Leicester and Watford in the last week were 2 points lost in both games if he was not there , especially Leicester where his performance was recognised not just by the fans but the big hug G.J gave him after as he knew that Adriano kept us in the game on more than one occasion .

Many were talking about the transfer window a couple of months ago and discussing out field players , but when it opens again we'd better watch out as there will be many prem clubs after him because of his form , still possible potential and because of its speciallist position and the need for experience .

sorry i disagree.elliot,mcindoe,fontaine and carey have all performed with greater consistency

over the season.in all fairness basso has played well lately

Elliot has dipped lately but in general has been fantastic , Mcindoe can be a bit like Sproule in the fact that he can go missing , Fontaine has been a real plus and is consistant and versatile which is a plus for any side . Carey has missed probably over a quarter of the season and although our form was fantastic before his loss , we have not dipped in his absence and by going top , have probably ( or obviously ) got better .

Everyone will have their favs and Fontaine is maybe mine but me thinks Basso overall may get the fans vote for player of the season as he has been consistant all season and not just of late as you remark .

Be interesting to see the Championship side of the season and what donkeys they pull out the cupboard to make the choice as Basso possibly also is the best in the league and hope the recognition to the team is given in this award .

Basso.

How many points would we of had had we had Phillips in goal, 42?

Basso has been IMMENSE.

A lot of talk has been going on here all season(and pre-season), sometimes by myself, about the lack of a 15-20 goal a season striker, but in my opinion, Basso has (in the points he has won for the team) been the equivalent to that top striker.

Guest Eamer
Agree entirely.

Id love to know what his valuation is now

If only he was 10 years younger... Imagine it then. Can't imagine a very high valuation for a 32 year old 'keeper.

Guest Eamer
When Carey has played he has played well but 2 games since Xmas put him out of the running.

Exactly my thoughts. Between the three McIndoe/Basso/Elliott

Fontaine just shades it for me due to the way he forced himself back in to first team contention after slipping down the pecking order due to form of others and signing Vasko.

Info on the End of Season Player of the Year Awards can be found here and here

Anyone who attended last year will know what a good night it was. Could be even better this year.

I'd probabaly pick Basso as well.

However, for me Carey and McIndoe are the players pushing hard for second!

McIndoe has been excellent but I would expect a few more goals.

So many players have performed so well its hard to pick 1 out.

Fontaine is one of my favouites. IMO the best footballing defnder we have will be great if we get up to the Prem.

Carey inspirational (pitty about the injuries)

LJ come of age and Tuesday 2nd half showed what a difference he makes

Elliot what a buy

Basso how many points has he saved for us this season

McCombe not played much but his goals of late have been invaluble

The list could go right through the 1st team. Noboddy has had too many bad games thats why we are where we are in the league.

Forget player of the season we should be going for team of the season !!!

Archived