IGNORED

East End

Hicksy-BCFC

I know there's a few blokes on here who have campaigned vociferously for the east end to be opened as it improves the atmosphere.

I just thought I'd add I was out last night with a mate from Watford who went down to Bristol this week.

He said that was one of the best atmospheres he's been in this season.

He wasn't that happy with the result - he didn't say too much about their style and performance but I suppose, unlike us, he's used to that long ball nonsense.

But his comment was he enjoyed the Watford end singing etc but "it was pretty loud in there, mostly coming from that Bristol mob over to our right in the same stand"

I think its pretty much accepted, a full EE generates the lift the players need.

Just thought I'd add another voice I heard from a neutral.

The atmosphere can be quite impressive in there, I started to bring a Swansea fan up for the odd game last season and this one. He was really impressed by the non stop singing and the ability to keep the atmosphere going even if the game is not going our way.

He used to have his bedroom wall covered in the normal Jack merchandise, but since christmas he has torn it all down and replaced it with city, he bought a half season ticket at christmas and has already got his season ticket for next season.

He thinks that we have a great club and loves being part of the E/E scene and is always tring to pick up on any new songs he hears and joins in.

With out the e/e i believe that he may have been another neutral watching a footy match, so well done to all concerned a new believer.

I know there's a few blokes on here who have campaigned vociferously for the east end to be opened as it improves the atmosphere.

I just thought I'd add I was out last night with a mate from Watford who went down to Bristol this week.

He said that was one of the best atmospheres he's been in this season.

He wasn't that happy with the result - he didn't say too much about their style and performance but I suppose, unlike us, he's used to that long ball nonsense.

But his comment was he enjoyed the Watford end singing etc but "it was pretty loud in there, mostly coming from that Bristol mob over to our right in the same stand"

I think its pretty much accepted, a full EE generates the lift the players need.

Just thought I'd add another voice I heard from a neutral.

Not necessary, On Tues in the second half when the players needed our support the EE was quiet on occasions. Against Hull where there was half the amount in there everyone was singing Cider Army for the last 15 mins which helped take the players over the line for the win. Generally I see it as when the EE is open as an overflow then that's a bad thing as the atmosphere is always worse in there because you get people in there who don't want to be in there and don't want to contribute to the atmosphere.

Not necessary, On Tues in the second half when the players needed our support the EE was quiet on occasions. Against Hull where there was half the amount in there everyone was singing Cider Army for the last 15 mins which helped take the players over the line for the win. Generally I see it as when the EE is open as an overflow then that's a bad thing as the atmosphere is always worse in there because you get people in there who don't want to be in there and don't want to contribute to the atmosphere.

I have to agree, the atmosphere is far better with just the normal mob. Also I lose my nice spot down near the front near number 1 pillar, usually to a bunch of sit down families who would not appreciate my foul mouthed chanting.

Plus it makes it hard to get any rank food or weak tea.....maybe thats a good thing!

There were new people trying to sing but only to the ones they know,I reckon they should leave the middle section only for the singers

No, singers to the side, statues to the middle. They can then glare dissaprovingly at the away fans when they start singing and wake them up!!!!!

All the regulars gather by the strangely acoustic pillar and the blocks in front!!! :chant6ez:

Archived