IGNORED

Roberts

Spud55

I don't get some people at times. The singing for Miller was great, should have really lifted the bloke after his dismal miss.

But why does a player who misses a sitter get songs sung about him, while the bloke who has run him self into the ground, scored a goal, and could easily had a second if Willson hadn't continued his vendetta against him, gets sod all.

I just don't get it ? Why was there nothing for Roberts, who tried his hardest to win us the game, and could have made more of the late chances. While Miller who has missed a guilt edged chance gets lots of singing.

I can't help but feel if that was robbo who missed that chance, there would have been no singing, just tirades of personal abuse.

The Roberts situation will never change, some people just don't like him and never will.

It's no good trying to start a debate with these "fans" because you either get abuse or accused of being a complete idiot.

Christian Roberts scored 17 goals last season - 2nd highest scorer after Murray. The reason he has not got anywhere near that total this year is because he has been played out of position.

For the last two games he has started up front with Peacock, and scored two goals. Yes ok he may have been in the right place at the right time for both of those goals, but isn't that what he's supposed to do?

The fact remains that even if the likes of Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea etc come in with a multi million pound offer for him, and he then went onto become the Premierships highest scorer people would still slag him off.

The Roberts situation will never change, some people just don't like him and never will.

It's no good trying to start a debate with these "fans" because you either get abuse or accused of being a complete idiot.

Christian Roberts scored 17 goals last season - 2nd highest scorer after Murray. The reason he has not got anywhere near that total this year is because he has been played out of position.

For the last two games he has started up front with Peacock, and scored two goals. Yes ok he may have been in the right place at the right time for both of those goals, but isn't that what he's supposed to do?

The fact remains that even if the likes of Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea etc come in with a multi million pound offer for him, and he then went onto become the Premierships highest scorer people would still slag him off.

Agree with all that, but why? Is it really just because he's welsh? :sub:

Agree with all that, but why? Is it really just because he's welsh? :sub:
Possibly.

Also might be his appearance (hair, the way he wears his shirt outside of his shorts etc).

Sometimes he walks back from an attack (the fact that 9/10 times he is usually running his nuts off as part of the attack has nothing to do with it).

I honestly don't know, and I'm past the point of trying to figure out why some people seem to hate him.

Just like with Burnell after the last game he made an appearance - has a great game but still got slagged off. Why? Who knows.

Sad really isn't it.

Too right, it's very sad, with 2 goals in 2 games he's our only goal threat at the mo'.

For a guy with a previous reputation for plenty of bookings he did well not to react when that scumbag Gurney spat at him, too.

I sat next to an otherwise quite sane individual at the back of the stand who just couldn't stop harranging Roberts it was amazing quite how one eyed people are the guy has scored in succesive games finds good positions and chases down full backs...He 's not got the quickest football brain but this is the second division and thats bound to get better for gods sake some of you get of his bl***y back the whole not celebrating at Cardiff thing is ancient history..................

Guest citysnumber7

if it had of been roberts that missed, after the game people would of been swearing their heads off to discribe the miss (well most people), but as it was miller people was just sayin i cant believe that miller missed (most people)

Guest Shaunyb

i think roberts is a very good player and as said above not the brightest footballer u will ever see, but very very talented.

i think he get so much stick because he is a cardiff fan. and that not 2 good is it when your playin 4 city.

with the hate betwen the 2 clubs roberts was alway going 2 get stuck in the middle.

to me robbo is one of our best players, and gets a load of stick for no reason what so ever, nobodys quite sure why, even the people that do give him stick! i've asked a few people why they give him stick, and the only answer i have had, is " i just don't like the bloke", isn't that the type of answer you would expect a school kid to give you?

We think ole Robbo`s the best player down the gate!

If he ad been played up front from the start of the

season. it makes you wonder how many goals he

would have my now, an where we might be in the league!

Who cares if he is Welsh, Chinese or ruddy German!

As long as he is puttin` the ball in the net for Bristol

City FC thats ole that should matter! :cool::sub:

I think we all agree that Roberts is being victumised, and unfairly treated. However there isnt much we can do about it, as the kind of people that do this are so thick headed they wouldnt listen to reason anyway.

I just want to add my support to this thread in favour of the man who i like to see upfront as he is an entertainer, who i like to see in a city shirt. If that isnt enough reason then he also can score goals! and works bloody hard too!

Unfortunately in all the years i've been going down the gate, there always seems to be a couple of players that are hate figures! :@ :cool:

Even TINMAN was at one point! :sub:

Now AARON BROWN is'nt around "YOU KNOW" has the field all to himself!

I'm quite willing you know to take the p1$$ you know , out of his interviews you know, but when it comes to his commitment on the pitch you know, how can you fault the man you know! :sub:

CHRISTIAN ROBERTS has been a GREAT player for BRISTOL CITY, so get behind the bloke and if people are slagging him off, sing what i do, HE'S A WELSHMAN HE'S A WELSHMAN! It seems to p1$$ them orf! :sub:

I don't get some people at times.  The singing for Miller was great, should have really lifted the bloke after his dismal miss.

But why does a player who misses a sitter get songs sung about him, while the bloke who has run him self into the ground, scored a goal, and could easily had a second if Willson hadn't continued his vendetta against him, gets sod all.

I just don't get it ?  Why was there nothing for Roberts, who tried his hardest to win us the game, and could have made more of the late chances.  While Miller who has missed a guilt edged chance gets lots of singing.

I can't help but feel if that was robbo who missed that chance, there would have been no singing, just tirades of personal abuse.

no vendetta OR personal abuse from me :sub:

i like robbo and miller, to be fair to miller he did well to get his

header in in the first place with that big lumb of a swindon defender

going in with him, hitting the inside of the post was just very unlucky

it was not like he headed miles over or miles wide, miller is

getting chances like robbo and they will go in :sub:

we had chances to win it before miller came on so you can't

blame him, as for roberts going off i just don't get that either :cool: ...

Late, I know, but Robbo, is our only scorer in the last 2, and ###### hot against QPR, and sounds like it again Saturday..It can only be because he's a Baadiff fan..who ###### cares, he scored twice against them, and has scored two vital goals so far this season.

The Gliders are right, about him playing this position from the start who knows what might have happened??

C'mon Robbo, keep it going son, and young Mr Miller too!! :cool::sub:

Archived