IGNORED

Championship Team Of The Year

jimmy ateyo

Does anyone know when the teams of the year are announced ?

Am I right in thinking that this is voted for by the players but the votes are taken around new year ??

Therefore - who has a chance ??

Elliott was superb (he's not bad now I know) for the first few months and I couldn't think of a tougher bloke to play against in midfield in this league. Surely he's got to be in there, along with possibly Carey, McIndoe and Basso ??

If it was voted for now, McIndoe would have to be in there, what a signing

any thoughts ?

If it's voted for by the players expect to not see many of our players. Nobody likes us and still believes it's a bit of a fluke.

You might be right in this league, but its mainly fans of other clubs and media that don't like us !

Players are the ones that get the respect, thats why players player of the year is always the one they want to win

Still think Marv's gotta be in it, if not I agree with all you say

Guest Eamer

I wouldn't be at all suprised to see none of our team in the team of the year purely on the fact that people will always say that whoever is a better player. Even if they haven't played as well as one of our players throughout the season they might well get the vote. I would love to see Basso, Elliott and McIndoe in the side but can see them being replaced by others as they're more well known. Hennessey over Basso for example...

I wouldn't be at all suprised to see none of our team in the team of the year purely on the fact that people will always say that whoever is a better player. Even if they haven't played as well as one of our players throughout the season they might well get the vote. I would love to see Basso, Elliott and McIndoe in the side but can see them being replaced by others as they're more well known. Hennessey over Basso for example...

all 3 you just stated should be in there, all key parts of the team at the top, they have to be in there otherwise there is something wrong!

Wrong as it is, I've a feeling you might be right (if that makes sense).

Back in the Danny Wilson days we used to regularly get 3 or 4 players in the team of the year despite never actually being that successful because they generally were the best players in the league for their position. Teams who did better than us might get fewer players in the team of the year because their teams were worth more than the sum of their parts.

Now it'll be the likes of Wolves, Charlton and Ipswich with the "better" players, plus of course West Brom, who probably do have the most talented players in the division. We may have the best team but I don't think we have the best players in any position except possibly goalkeeper.

I get the same feeling that we won't get many in the CTOTY either. Top of the league and not for the first time this season yet somehow I still get the feeling we are seen as one of the unfashionable clubs in the league and thus possibly won't attract as many nominations as perhaps some players at City deserve, Elliott in particular.

It'll be a shame if the players great season isn't rewarded by their peers, but not a disaster I suppose.

Its a bit of a joke really because the votes are cast in December meaning the situation with teams can change greatly as its only half the season gone!! I hope one or two players would be in there but its anyones guess really.

I didn't know that, which as you say, could possibly skew any result.

Archived