IGNORED

Best Pubs

CiderSomerset

I am planning on catching the train with my good lady for the game against Norwich on the 29th.. I usually drive up but as its my birthday the day before we are going to make a day of it and enjoy a few bevvies before and after the match.

Where are the best places to go before and after the game for a few pints with fellow City fans??

I havent had a pint or two before a home match for a few years, so the sooner I can get the other half to pass her driving test the better!!

I always go to the robins before the game, more through habit and superstition more than anything else. It's certainly not a great pub. Although they do have stowford press on tap....

Bar BS3 is the best pre match pub, it's the old rising sun. It'll be packed, but it's quality. Watched the Watford away game in there and it was mint! Also, I went in before the Leicester game...and we lost that. Back to the robins from now on in!! :drunk2:

I am planning on catching the train with my good lady for the game against Norwich on the 29th.. I usually drive up but as its my birthday the day before we are going to make a day of it and enjoy a few bevvies before and after the match.

Where are the best places to go before and after the game for a few pints with fellow City fans??

I havent had a pint or two before a home match for a few years, so the sooner I can get the other half to pass her driving test the better!!

Coopers and BS3 are good beforehand - BS3 also good after, especially if we win. Good screens for televised games, they have sky and setanta in there.

Although it gets heaving they always have a lot of bar staff on so get served pretty quick

You will need to show your match ticket on the door

What time train you getting??

If we get early doors we have a couple in the knights templer, then jump in a taxi (or walk if it nice) and then what tin says but chuck in a swift half in the coopers.....

Havent looked at train times yet, the eldest lad has got a footie cup final (under 8's) in taunton somewhere in the morning.. What times do then run from Taunton????

Havent looked at train times yet, the eldest lad has got a footie cup final (under 8's) in taunton somewhere in the morning.. What times do then run from Taunton????

Quick ones - 10:51, 11:16, 11:24, 11:51 and 12:51

Long ones (Stops everywhere) 11:04 and 12:07

If i work we get the 12:51, but if not 10:51 or 11:16

Back to tonight, as its the last game of the season think we need lots and lots of drinking.......

I think we may have high jacked this thread.

Yeah sounds like a plan. I cant drive anyway because I cant get the car.

And I lost last night in the pairs semi so need to drown my sorrows

I think we may have high jacked this thread.

Yeah sounds like a plan. I cant drive anyway because I cant get the car.

And I lost last night in the pairs semi so need to drown my sorrows

Carry on high jacking lads, makes for a good read!!

Being nosey now, pairs semi?? Pool or skittles by any chance?

Skittles! He is not very good though ;)

ha ha. There are a few blokes from Taunton playing in our league.. Bunch of glory hunting ringers if you ask me, Alan Bishop and co.. They play at Kingston Club which is a pain in the arse of a trip on a monday night but at least the beer is cheap!

ha ha. There are a few blokes from Taunton playing in our league.. Bunch of glory hunting ringers if you ask me, Alan Bishop and co.. They play at Kingston Club which is a pain in the arse of a trip on a monday night but at least the beer is cheap!

Ah bishy. He is a good player that chap.

What league do you playing then watchet?

Just noticed you said monday night ignore that.

We play at the Kingston Club! Quality little place and as you say beer is cheap...

We play at the Kingston Club! Quality little place and as you say beer is cheap...

Small world.. Is that your home alley??

We enjoy our nights out there, usually end up falling back up the stairs by the end of the night! I think we play more hands than in your league (?), after 12 hands I am normally abit worse for wear..

Bishy is good for a laugh, bloody serious about his skittles though!

Try http://www.britishpubguide.com/cgi-bin/pub...lts:Bristol:272

Archived