IGNORED

Brooker! Healy! Earnshaw! Nugent! Anyone Please!

Andy082005

Ok, maybe I got a bit carried away there, but boy oh boy, didnt we get found out today. All season we have been saying we need a new striker, all season we have been saying we need that striker who can get in behind defences and sniff out a goal, and today....well, even the most staunchest happy clapper must have been able to see that we could have been out there all night and not scored.

Firstly, let me just say this isnt a "rant" about the manager or club, I love the club, and am so proud of how well they have done this season, and no matter what happens from here on in, they've exceeded everyones expectations, and for that I take my hat off to them, HOWEVER, what a chance we could well be wasting here.

We've heard Mark Lawrenson say it, and a number of pundits have said it lately, this league is POOR! one of the poorest its been for a long, long time. City are where they are, yes because they deserve it, but no one can deny one of the main reasons we are where we are is because teams like Charlton, WBA and Watford have been inconstistant.

There are strikers out their. The ones mentioned in the title heading cannot get a game for their clubs, surely the chance to sign on loan for a club going for promotion would be to good to turn down! "They are not Johnson type players" I hear some say, "They don't have the right attitude" I may here some others saying.....I don't care if they are the most vile poeple in the world, if they score us goals and get us to the Premiership...who cares. As it stands at the minute, we are one man short of being a top two team....that man is a striker. Either go get Brooker back and give him a go or get one in before its to late and we find ourselves in another situation like we did the other year when we didnt sign Mark Robins on permanently!

Is it all down to the strikers though? Today we played so narrow that there werent enough quality balls going into the box anyway. We only looked more effective in the second half when Sproule came on and we played down the wings. If we got a striker in now it would take a few games to settle in and were running out of matches. If were going to sign someone they need to A Be fit and B be prolific infront of goal. Making a panic loan signing may sound good in theory but in practice will it work out? I cant see it happening.

Is it all down to the strikers though? Today we played so narrow that there werent enough quality balls going into the box anyway. We only looked more effective in the second half when Sproule came on and we played down the wings. If we got a striker in now it would take a few games to settle in and were running out of matches. If were going to sign someone they need to A Be fit and B be prolific infront of goal. Making a panic loan signing may sound good in theory but in practice will it work out? I cant see it happening.

I cant see it happening either.

However, I don't think it would be a panic signing! We have needed a striker all season really. I do agree, we did play to narrow today, and I don't feel the midfield chips in enough with the goals, but we are crying out for someone who can split defenders with a bit of pace.

Guest Eamer

Our Strikers haven't been up to scratch all season but none of them had regularly played in the Championship until Dele joined us. We've been fortunate so far but today you could see we needed someone who can get a shot on goal from any position in the final third. Our defense today though didn't look as solid as it has been. Both goals could easily have been prevented.

He's a midfielder who has scored 8 career goals ?

A creative player and that is what we are lacking on the pitch and on the bench at the moment. Eight goals is good going for the number of games he has played.

We are too late to pick up a prolific striker, Brooker back is one of the very few options open to us.

A creative player and that is what we are lacking on the pitch and on the bench at the moment. Eight goals is good going for the number of games he has played.

We are too late to pick up a prolific striker, Brooker back is one of the very few options open to us.

No a striker who gets himself in scoring positons and runs the right channels is what we're missing

Carle, Johnson, Noble, Sproule, McIndoe, Murray and even mccallister (with his crossing) are all creative players - chris eagles is no better than any of these. He's only played for man u in league cup games or when games are already won. can't believe he's still there really, must be sat on a huge contract and the many teams he's played for on loan don't rate him highly enough to make it prem

Eagles would be great on the right.

Sproule - Stays next to Orr like a child stays close to his mother. Also crossing is poor.

Wilson - Decent player for hard away games but doesnt offer anything going forward.

Murray - Be great to have him in his prime but cant do it week in, week out for 90mins. Would have liked him to have came on today.

One thing I'd point out as a major problem is we don't shoot enough.

They try and do fancy flicks and play it into the net when really a shot here or there could sneak in.

Very true, we should have got more shots in today but we allowed them to close us down too quickly, usually the result of one too many step-overs or fancy turns. Although, apart from Marvin is anyone actually any good at shooting from the middle of the park?

Ok, maybe I got a bit carried away there, but boy oh boy, didnt we get found out today. All season we have been saying we need a new striker, all season we have been saying we need that striker who can get in behind defences and sniff out a goal, and today....well, even the most staunchest happy clapper must have been able to see that we could have been out there all night and not scored.

Firstly, let me just say this isnt a "rant" about the manager or club, I love the club, and am so proud of how well they have done this season, and no matter what happens from here on in, they've exceeded everyones expectations, and for that I take my hat off to them, HOWEVER, what a chance we could well be wasting here.

We've heard Mark Lawrenson say it, and a number of pundits have said it lately, this league is POOR! one of the poorest its been for a long, long time. City are where they are, yes because they deserve it, but no one can deny one of the main reasons we are where we are is because teams like Charlton, WBA and Watford have been inconstistant.

There are strikers out their. The ones mentioned in the title heading cannot get a game for their clubs, surely the chance to sign on loan for a club going for promotion would be to good to turn down! "They are not Johnson type players" I hear some say, "They don't have the right attitude" I may here some others saying.....I don't care if they are the most vile poeple in the world, if they score us goals and get us to the Premiership...who cares. As it stands at the minute, we are one man short of being a top two team....that man is a striker. Either go get Brooker back and give him a go or get one in before its to late and we find ourselves in another situation like we did the other year when we didnt sign Mark Robins on permanently!

Andy 100% agree it needs sorting bloody quickly

Very true, we should have got more shots in today but we allowed them to close us down too quickly, usually the result of one too many step-overs or fancy turns. Although, apart from Marvin is anyone actually any good at shooting from the middle of the park?

I believe I've just read on another thread we had about 24 shots today, whether this is true or not I don't know.

I believe I've just read on another thread we had about 24 shots today, whether this is true or not I don't know.

According to orange.co.uk, we had 25 shots, 12 on, 13 off vs Plmuff 13 9 on, 4 off.

Although personally, I can't remember us having 25 shots, just depends how many they counted in the goalmouth scrambles and adebolas flick ons - which nobody seemed interested in chasing in(for gods sake, he did about 10 decent flick ons from the 18yd and not one led to a chance for another player-not a dig at dele)

Archived