IGNORED

Murray

beaverface

Guest Eamer

I'd like and answer to that question too. I've always thought Wilson was a pretty terrible play no matter what position he's in and today didn't help my thoughts of him. Wasn't suprised to see him subbed off at half time, it was deserved. Not sure he knows what position he's supposed to be in because he's played in so many.

I'd like and answer to that question too. I've always thought Wilson was a pretty terrible play no matter what position he's in and today didn't help my thoughts of him. Wasn't suprised to see him subbed off at half time, it was deserved. Not sure he knows what position he's supposed to be in because he's played in so many.

I agree with that, at a time where we need some steady heads and some one to put some decent balls into the forwards, why is Scotty not getting a chance?? I am convinced he would have got to his 100 goals this season given the chance (total for the club, not this season alone obviously before someone says something :bonkers: )

Only GJ knows the answer, and he has got us to where we are so I am not knocking him..

I agree with that, at a time where we need some steady heads and some one to put some decent balls into the forwards, why is Scotty not getting a chance?? I am convinced he would have got to his 100 goals this season given the chance (total for the club, not this season alone obviously before someone says something :bonkers: )

Only GJ knows the answer, and he has got us to where we are so I am not knocking him..

Scotty has been a great servant for us, however Ivan has pace, something which Scotty

lacks now, due to him getting old and I know all about that :bruce_h4h: However BW has

done really well IMO, considering even he is far behind BO in the pecking. I can't see how SM

would do better at right back or right wing, yet BW as slipped into both positions nicely so give

him a break.

Last season GJ signed Betsy to replace Murray, who was showing his age. In fact for 2 seasons this forum has had posters saying Murray should retire, too slow, not affecting the game. Sure he had the odd flash of brilliance on the slower grounds, but many of us where surprised when Murray and Russell recieved their 1 year contracts. Just a thankyou for helping with last seasons promotion, nothing more, as neither has participated this season on a regular basis.

This season GJ signed Sproule to replace Betsy who he had signed to replace Murray.....get the message !

Russell and Murray will soon be 35 and 34 and thats where it all ends. Birthdays end careers....Fact.

On BCFC live last week, Murray was co-commentator and he stated he was miles behind Sproule in speed, but added that GJ had said he was still in his thoughts ??? God almighty, I still think of my first wife, but I would not pick her for the weekend.

We are seeking another promotion, Murray is not good enough for selection in the starting eleven and sentiment cannot enter into it. GJ is telling us this by selecting Sproule, Wilson and Carle on the right instead of Murray. Its quite plain to me and should be apparent to even the most devoted Murray supporter.

Last season GJ signed Betsy to replace Murray, who was showing his age. In fact for 2 seasons this forum has had posters saying Murray should retire, too slow, not affecting the game. Sure he had the odd flash of brilliance on the slower grounds, but many of us where surprised when Murray and Russell recieved their 1 year contracts. Just a thankyou for helping with last seasons promotion, nothing more, as neither has participated this season on a regular basis.

This season GJ signed Sproule to replace Betsy who he had signed to replace Murray.....get the message !

Russell and Murray will soon be 35 and 34 and thats where it all ends. Birthdays end careers....Fact.

On BCFC live last week, Murray was co-commentator and he stated he was miles behind Sproule in speed, but added that GJ had said he was still in his thoughts ??? God almighty, I still think of my first wife, but I would not pick her for the weekend.

We are seeking another promotion, Murray is not good enough for selection in the starting eleven and sentiment cannot enter into it. GJ is telling us this by selecting Sproule, Wilson and Carle on the right instead of Murray. Its quite plain to me and should be apparent to even the most devoted Murray supporter.

Great post. 100% agree. Not sure what everyone see's in Murray? Yes, he could be a good player to bring off the bench for 5 mins as a last gasp desperation tactic....in hope that he may pop up in the right place at the right time. Then again, I think he would be taking up a valuable place on the bench.

Overall Murray is miles behind Sproule and Wilson in terms of everything. He's never been the player he once was and never will be. I've thought this for about 3 seasos now. Hope he proves me wrong and does "pop" up and score that vital goal. Cant see it in all honesty.

• SC&T Board Members

Agree Murray's days of starting a game are now probably behind him, but if there's one game I'd like to see him involved - along with LT - then that's next week at Cardiff. Nobody at Ninian Park will look forward to Scotty or LT coming off the bench with 20 minutes left to score the winner.

Guest Eamer

I don't see how Murray is behind Wilson, he really is useless and yesterday the rest of the side were carrying him. It was nearly like playing with ten men.

I don't see how Murray is behind Wilson, he really is useless and yesterday the rest of the side were carrying him. It was nearly like playing with ten men.

Murray is past it and will not get back into the side barring a severe injury crisis.

I also think people have been extremely hard on Wilson. I think he earns his place in the team and think he is underrated by the fans in general.

Put it this way:

Murray - 15 games 3 goals

Wilson - 18 games 1 goal

Sproule 36 games 2 goals.

Now then, which player do you think is giving us better value?

Put it this way:

Murray - 15 games 3 goals

Wilson - 18 games 1 goal

Sproule 36 games 2 goals.

Now then, which player do you think is giving us better value?

As I have always said, he provides us more of a threat in front of goal and isnt shy to take on a shot. Those stats confirm that.

Considering most people state that we are not scoring enough to keep our run / promotion push going, surely this is a good enough reason to at least have him coming off the bench for the last 30 minutes if we need a goal. Experience counts alot as well at this end of the season and Scotty has got a wise old head on his shoulders. Personally, I would still give him a few starts between now and the end of the seaon and see what happens, we have got nothing to lose, but plenty to gain. If he is knackered after an hour then that would be the time to bring on Sproule and let him run at tiring defenders..

We all know Murray hasnt got the pace of Sproule, but then, who has????

As I have always said, he provides us more of a threat in front of goal and isnt shy to take on a shot. Those stats confirm that.

Considering most people state that we are not scoring enough to keep our run / promotion push going, surely this is a good enough reason to at least have him coming off the bench for the last 30 minutes if we need a goal. Experience counts alot as well at this end of the season and Scotty has got a wise old head on his shoulders. Personally, I would still give him a few starts between now and the end of the seaon and see what happens, we have got nothing to lose, but plenty to gain. If he is knackered after an hour then that would be the time to bring on Sproule and let him run at tiring defenders..

We all know Murray hasnt got the pace of Sproule, but then, who has????

Pace isn't everything either is it?

Look at McIndoe, he isn't fast, Tinnion wasn't fast either, it's all about timing and positioning which you only get with experience.

I fully expect Sproule to turn into a cracking player once he gets a little wiser, at the moment there isn't enough end product.

Archived