IGNORED

Cardiff Must Win Game Or Has The Bubble Burst

Red Robin

Next Saturday is a MUST win game,no other result will be good enough.

Win puts us in a healthy position,lose the bubble could have burst,draw and were on tender hooks.

Today we got what we deserved nowt,simply they have to raise the bar for top two promotion.

Lets hope and prey a striker arrives in time.

It showed against Leicster.Watford,Plymouth the goals are hard to come by.

Guest Eamer

Our last few results haven't been good enough, some people said draws are fine because we weren't losing but we need the points or we will be moving backwards. We can't afford to drop any more points, a win against Cardiff is definately a must and I agree with everything you put there, apart from maybe the "deserved nowt" part. We were the better side throughout and it was just down to getting shots on target.

No we didnt

When you go away from home you cant expect to dominate possession. Plymouth came here, remained disciplined and done a job on us. I thought they deserved their 3 points

They certainly did their homework and didnt settle to sit back after their lead. I thought they were good on set pieces and battled well and frustrated us. We didnt have the quality in the box to get back to 2-2. The penalty was fortuatous as the ball hit the players arm. But was a big chance to get a draw. We never looked like getting it though and their keeper wasnt worked hard enough. We need to be more clinical in the box if we want to beat teams.

Well, I have to agree with Roger Red Hat here, and say we did deserve to get something from the game...

Plymouth played the whole match like they wanted a point, and I think on both teams' performances, we did in fact have the edge on the game, and perhaps should have came away with all 3 points, but it was just bad defending on our part, and good defending on theirs, which has pretty much gifted them the 3 points today...

I believe Johnson will get them going again for next Saturday, as it seems we only know how to bounce back from defeat!

Well, I have to agree with Roger Red Hat here, and say we did deserve to get something from the game...

Plymouth played the whole match like they wanted a point, and I think on both teams' performances, we did in fact have the edge on the game, and perhaps should have came away with all 3 points, but it was just bad defending on our part, and good defending on theirs, which has pretty much gifted them the 3 points today...

I believe Johnson will get them going again for next Saturday, as it seems we only know how to bounce back from defeat!

Possession doesnt win games.............goals do.

They came here, they defended well, they scored two well worked goals (from their point of view) and theyu done a job on us. As I said previously, away from home, you will rarely dominate possession....as proved today. We dominated possession but NEVER looked like scoring. Its all well and good playing pretty football, but if you don't do it in the final third....your not going to win games, and don't deserve to either

They came here, they defended well, they scored two well worked goals (from their point of view) and theyu done a job on us. As I said previously, away from home, you will rarely dominate possession....as proved today. We dominated possession but NEVER looked like scoring. Its all well and good playing pretty football, but if you don't do it in the final third....your not going to win games, and don't deserve to either

Goals do win games, i agree, but how can we score goals when our ONE striker who is scoring is out on loan?

Bring brooker back and we have more chance of scoring goals, stick him next to adebola and that partnership is not toothless and will cause worry at cardiff.

100% agree with that!

Goals do win games, i agree, but how can we score goals when our ONE striker who is scoring is out on loan?

Bring brooker back and we have more chance of scoring goals, stick him next to adebola and that partnership is not toothless and will cause worry at cardiff.

Exactly. Couldnt agree more

Thats what I'm saying. At home, its the home team who has to take the game to the away team. I guarantee if that was City who had just gone to Plymouth today, played like plymouth did and won 2-1, we would all be saying how we deserved to win as we stifled the home team and were clinical in front of goal when the chances came along.

Mr redhat, we didnt.

We never looked like scoring a goal. At home, you have to put pressure on the goal keeper. That was the easiest win bonus Mr Douglas has earnt all season

Didnt deserve to lose today, Mr Douglas made 2 great saves first half and a decent one in the 2nd

No easy games in this league, they were a ok team but we had more possesion and edged chances - therefore i don't think a point would of been unfair

Going on that basis, it should have been another 0-0 Draw then...

They "cleared" a goal off of the line, and we "failed" too...

I wouldn't call their 2nd goal "clinical finishing", just "bad defending" on our part!

Their first goal, you might argue, was "well worked" by them, but only as it was again, "gifted" to them by us...

I feel we didn't test their goal keeper enough, only because their defence seemed to eat everything up, once we started to play the long ball game, which I just feel is a desperation tactic, as it's not that often it tends to work!

There were plenty of goal mouth scrambles in their box, of which on another day, could have fallen to us, and we could have ended up winning the game comfortably, but it wasn't to happen...

Rubbish. We deserved something from the game today.
Unfortunately, if you score once and the opposition score twice, you get nothing. Plymouth denied us space, defended well and took their chances. And they played a lot more football than Watford!

Mr redhat, we didnt.

We never looked like scoring a goal. At home, you have to put pressure on the goal keeper. That was the easiest win bonus Mr Douglas has earnt all season

Mr.082005, we did. When we went 'long' in the second half we put the ball in the box as much, if not more than I've seen for some time, and there were quite a few knock downs and such. Tamas was a nuisance and if we'd had someone who could finish we would have got something from the game. In the second half we definitely did not play the possession game, it was 'get it up there' and try and 'wack it in.'

Win puts us in a healthy position,lose the bubble could have burst,draw and were on tender hooks.

Today we got what we deserved nowt,simply they have to raise the bar for top two promotion.

recent form hasn't been good enough, plain and simple, YES there were some tough teams, but from 2 home games (watford and plymouth) and 2 away games (leicester and chalton)

we have got 3 points......that is NOT promotion form.

following the Hull game it was all in our own hands........NOW IT ISN'T

recent form hasn't been good enough, plain and simple, YES there were some tough teams, but from 2 home games (watford and plymouth) and 2 away games (leicester and chalton)

we have got 3 points......that is NOT promotion form.

following the Hull game it was all in our own hands........NOW IT ISN'T

Disagree, its still very much in our own hands, we certinley need to pick up our form, we also need brooker back.

3 Points against cardiff next sat will give us a good chance of catching up, as WBA's 2 games in hand ain't easy winners by any stretch of the imagination and i can't see them getting 6 points from Cardiff and Wolves away i believe?

Mr.082005, we did. When we went 'long' in the second half we put the ball in the box as much, if not more than I've seen for some time, and there were quite a few knock downs and such. Tamas was a nuisance and if we'd had someone who could finish we would have got something from the game. In the second half we definitely did not play the possession game, it was 'get it up there' and try and 'wack it in.'

but we never looked like "wacking it in"

I think we have to agree to disagree. I thought they carried out their job very well, if we had carried out outr job properly, we would have won

We will bounce back once again! After loosing to QPR, a game I watched, I had serious concerns but we came back and we will do it again. No doubts. Cardiff have the FA-cup in mind and we will take advantage of that. In a couple of weeks time we should bring Sergeant Brooker back. Will boost confidence with another option. Any winners today? Maybee Hull. N O O N E E L S E .

WE ARE UNDERDOGS SING WE ARE UNDERDOGS!!

Disagree, its still very much in our own hands, we certinley need to pick up our form, we also need brooker back.

3 Points against cardiff next sat will give us a good chance of catching up, as WBA's 2 games in hand ain't easy winners by any stretch of the imagination and i can't see them getting 6 points from Cardiff and Wolves away i believe?

whether or not we feel other teams can get above us, they still CAN, at the moment IF teams win their games in hand, we are 4th.

of course, you will always take point on the board, but it just shows how important it was to get results in the last few games, unfortunately, we have 3 points from the last 12. POOR

whether or not we feel other teams can get above us, they still CAN, at the moment IF teams win their games in hand, we are 4th.

of course, you will always take point on the board, but it just shows how important it was to get results in the last few games, unfortunately, we have 3 points from the last 12. POOR

quite simply if the last four results happen to the seasons end,we will not be top two,and possibly could miss the playoffs as well,so yes it is a serious problem.

Yes, they COULD but it is still in our own hands.

Agreed 3 from 12 is poor, but I'm sure GJ will pick the players up. We need brooker back ASAP

He is the only player who is scoring who is on our books, so why is he still at cheltenham

We are 39 games into the season and 2nd on goal difference. The bubble has not burst. There is no bubble.

However, If we don't sort out our recent goal scoring problems then we will be in the play-offs. We are simply not creating any chances from open play which is hugely worrying.

Are you rach, Brookers secret stalker?

maybe hiding behind someone else :winner_third_h4h:

Archived