IGNORED

Refereeeee

dezgimed

What a clown we had in charge today.

Free kicks for nothing, bizarre goal kick/throwing/corner decisions that baffled all, then the stuff that hurt us...

3 penalty shouts?

1. Dele strikes ball destined for top corner and the Plymo player charges it down hands raised?!

2. Byfield outstrengths defender who falls and trips Darren who is throgh?!?!

3. Sproule skins defender and almost has his shirt ripped off!!!!

Plus their 2nd goal, at every corner Easter stood by Basso and then blocked/shoved him as the ball came in, didnt give him a chance, and the ref gave Basso no protection.

Dunno really, shouldnt blame the ref, but you have to surely with days like this??

:disapointed2se:

Clown.

Free kicks for nothing, bizarre goal kick/throwing/corner decisions that baffled all, then the stuff that hurt us...

3 penalty shouts?

1. Dele strikes ball destined for top corner and the Plymo player charges it down hands raised?!

Plus their 2nd goal, at every corner Easter stood by Basso and then blocked/shoved him as the ball came in, didnt give him a chance, and the ref gave Basso no protection.

Dunno really, shouldnt blame the ref, but you have to surely with days like this??

Clown.

Couldn't agree more. Was in G Block of Dolman, and 1 & 2 were DEF PENS.

Strangely enough, from where I was sitting the penalty he gave looked harsh.( i know, I know, let the mocking commence....)

Quite agree, scared to make any decision of note.

Anything in the middle third was not a problem, but get near the area and I think a little bit of wee came out. Even our pen was given by the linesman. Twice they had the shirts off our backs but he bottled it.

As for being a clown, he certainly didn't make me laugh.

Quite agree, scared to make any decision of note.

Anything in the middle third was not a problem, but get near the area and I think a little bit of wee came out. Even our pen was given by the linesman. Twice they had the shirts off our backs but he bottled it.

As for being a clown, he certainly didn't make me laugh.

Quite right Natcher. Scared to make a decison. Totally incompetent.

He was out of his depth. A lot of refs with a bit more confidence make signals to indicate their decisions even when, say, they are not giving a handball - they will point to the chest or something.

This at least gives players and fans some reason for the decision even if you don't agree with it. The ref against Watford did this, for example. The ref today just wandered about the pitch missing much of the action and made no attempt to explain anything in any way.

Thought he was OK. We seemed to be quite desperate and were appealing for any old fouls to be honest. Got the handball right and most of the other decisions.

Well you missed the early handball from Dele then and the shirt pull on Sproule second half...

As the ref did too.

Well you missed the early handball from Dele then and the shirt pull on Sproule second half...

As the ref did too.

If Dele handballed it I'm not suprised we didn't get a penalty... :blink:

I saw that shirt pull- don't think it was enough for a penalty. Defender did enough to put him off and get away with it.

I don't really like having a go at refs. They do the hardest job in football IMO. I think whoever you get to ref, in some games both teams aren't going to be happy. That is what makes football exciting and interesting for me. Take out the human error and it wouldn't be half as good. Of course the ref made mistakes today, but it is rare that they don't.

3 penalty shouts?

Clown.

Generally I think you are a co ck, but in this instance I completely agree with you.

Don't get carried away though, tomorrow I will think you are a co ck again.

As the ref did too.

Everyone else in the Ground saw Sproules shirt getting pulled off him

Except that dismal ref. Is it me or is the standard of refs in this league, WORSE than last season

Couldn't agree more. Was in G Block of Dolman, and 1 & 2 were DEF PENS.

Strangely enough, from where I was sitting the penalty he gave looked harsh.( i know, I know, let the mocking commence....)

Must admit i was surprised he gave a pen. I thought he had blown because Easter was only 5 yards from the ball when the free kick was taken. Thought he was going to get us to take the free kick again for encrouchment... but there you go :noexpression:

Guest red ken 2

The standard of refereeing from the Premier League to the lowest Non League level, is poor to say the least. Season after season the standard drops, and it will never improve, while you have clowns running the FA, who think the standards are good.

The Alex Ferguson School of Moaning hits the City Forum. Some days you get the decisions, some days you don't. Referees have to make an instant judgement, and in my opinion, he was not too bad - He was not fooled by Easters falling over (It looked like he had no studs at times!), and as previously commented, I thought that City were a bit over-zealous in appealing for penalties. As for their second goal, it's all part of the game, Basso was a bit groggy, so they put him under pressure. We did not lose because of the ref, we lost because Plymouth defended well and took their chances, whilst we lacked firepower, the final ball was often poor, and we struggled to cope with Fallon.

Or was it the 'Curse of being top'??

Season after season the standard drops, and it will never improve, while you have clowns running the FA, who think the standards are good.
I would add that the standard of players cheating is also increasing.....

Sour grapes from all who criticise the ref today.

We were unlucky with a few scrambles but tht game no different to many others that we have won such as Hull a couple of weeks ago, difference is we were the team who cudnt quite get the ball in the net today

Nonsense.

A handball/shirt pull isnt a scramble, today had nothing to do with the Hull game.

:noexpression:

The standard of refereeing from the Premier League to the lowest Non League level, is poor to say the least. Season after season the standard drops, and it will never improve, while you have clowns running the FA, who think the standards are good.

I totally agree with you.City were dire yesterday, and sadly that defeat has been coming for a few games, but the overall standard of refereeing this season has been abysmal, in games involving City and other matches I have seen.

What i meant in reference to the Hull game was that so many games this season(at Ashton gate) we win by an odd goal and are often defending for our lvies in teh last ten minutes. The games we won were no different to yesterdays game, tis just instead of us being the odd goal in front it was Plymouth.

Ref didnt do much wrong IMO, and the penalty may not have been given on another day although i personally think it was a penno

To be honest I didn't think the ref was all that bad but the linesman runing the line by the Williams was a disgrace!

A clear shove on Byfield and shirt pulling on Dele in the first half and he couldn't be arsed to flag.

Carey tugs a Plymouth players shirt in the second and the flag went straight up.

GJ certainly wasn't happy with his performance and made it known so much that the 4th official had a quiet word with him.

I thought the referee was poor.

I don't like us blaming the referee to be honest because a lot of the time, its used to hide behind results where if we'd play better we would have got a result.

The points about the penalties are spot on, we should have had more.

Basso was impeded on the corners.

However -

We should have scored more than one - a better more clinical strikeforce would have.

Their second goal was, give or take the point on Basso, absolutely disgraceful defending.

Archived