IGNORED

Steve Brooker

Cooter

Some may argue that we need a "Premiership Player" when it comes to scoring the goals to get you into the Top Flight, but I remember not so long ago, when quite a few people on this Forum, were quoting Steve Brooker, as being a "Championship Player", back in our League One days, so what exactly has changed since then?

Especially as by all accounts, he still holds up the ball like he used too, and also seems to be on a good scoring run as of late, so why not take the gamble and give him a chance?

If you remember back when he was playing alongside Lita, he was almost playing the role of "target man / goal scorer", whilst Lita was just prolific, and it could work the same again, if we tried Brooker up front, with Byfield taking on the role that Lita used to have...

I seem to remember that Brooker scored something like 16 goals when he played alongside Lita, which I reckon was pretty good at the time, considering Lita bagged 29 for us that season!

For whatever reason, I really do think that it could end up working in our favour, as when you are scoring goals (no matter what level you are playing at), you generally have the confidence within your own ability, to continue doing well!

So, on that note, any thoughts?!

A lot of people said at the end of last season "we will need a new right back,orr is not a championship player"

I think bradley has proved a lot of people were wrong!

He has certainly upped his game, so until brooker is given the chance, how can anybody say he is not going to

be any good in the championship.

GET HIM BACK AND GIVE A GO, WE'VE NOTHING TO LOSE,CAUSE WE'RE NOT SCORING ENOUGH GOALS ANYWAY!

Guest red ken 2

If we don't bring Brooker back, and into the side ASAP its complete madness. Loan him out to get match fit, and start scoring again, which he is now doing. No point if its not for our benefit.

If we don't bring Brooker back, and into the side ASAP its complete madness. Loan him out to get match fit, and start scoring again, which he is now doing. No point if its not for our benefit.

Like I've stated in another thread, if he is recalled back to Bristol City, then "so be it" and a thank you to Bristol City for giving us a helping hand. Loaning out Steve Brooker to Cheltenham has benefited both of our clubs : He is now fit and ready for Bristol City whenever you want him back and he has scored goals for us to give us a great chance to play in L1 next season.

Thank you Gary Johnston & Bristol City.

Like I've stated in another thread, if he is recalled back to Bristol City, then "so be it" and a thank you to Bristol City for giving us a helping hand. Loaning out Steve Brooker to Cheltenham has benefited both of our clubs : He is now fit and ready for Bristol City whenever you want him back and he has scored goals for us to give us a great chance to play in L1 next season.

If he helps make sure the Rovers stay down there then you're welcome to him!!! Yee-ha!!

Lets get him back and see what he can do. Even if he doesn't score he'll give defenders such a torrid time other players will have more space in that final third.

I have every confidence he will be good enough for this league. Someone mentioned this not long back. When we played coventry in the FA cup last season, brooker ran thier defence raggid and IMO offered more of a threat that any of covs strikers (including his well taken goal that day)

Blimey, strike a Red Goblin down with kind words. :noexpression:

Well done for beating the Gas yesterday - that win should shut the Gas up from talking about promotion via the play-offs. :winner_third_h4h:

Archived