IGNORED

Here Comes The Half Empty Bottle !

Red to the world

NOT promotion form lately and those of us who have long lamented the lack of a striker being signed in the January window ( not just negative me but the likes of Nibor also ) are being proved right.

Gj gets a lot of things right but his signings are not some of them up front - Sproule runs fast but does little else so far - Trundle ( enough said ) - Carle no better than what we had - Byfield a journeyman - the Ox just that and not much better than Enoch on form to date.

I know we have done better than any of us hoped but we may well lose out on the promised land because GJ DID NOT get a striker in when we all knew we needed one.

If we get in the play offs ( almost certain ) we will not progress because on past history the sides which make it from the play offs score GOALS HOME AND AWAY - we don't score them anywhere !

Also remember that sides which fail in the play offs don't always do well the next season - WBA OK but Wolves and Soton from last season ??

I expect the usual ( God we are second ) brickbats which is fair enough but we are on a downward slide and we will have missed out on the promised land because he who can do no wrong has made a BIG ERROR in terms of strikers.

I will read with interest the posts on here next Christmas when ( if ) we are bottom half having missed out this season - and before you get too insulting, look at our top scorers, look at our goal difference, look at the drawn games we could have won and the lost games we could have drawn if we has signed a half decent striker !

NOT promotion form lately and those of us who have long lamented the lack of a striker being signed in the January window ( not just negative me but the likes of Nibor also ) are being proved right.

Gj gets a lot of things right but his signings are not some of them up front - Sproule runs fast but does little else so far - Trundle ( enough said ) - Carle no better than what we had - Byfield a journeyman - the Ox just that and not much better than Enoch on form to date.

I know we have done better than any of us hoped but we may well lose out on the promised land because GJ DID NOT get a striker in when we all knew we needed one.

If we get in the play offs ( almost certain ) we will not progress because on past history the sides which make it from the play offs score GOALS HOME AND AWAY - we don't score them anywhere !

Also remember that sides which fail in the play offs don't always do well the next season - WBA OK but Wolves and Soton from last season ??

I expect the usual ( God we are second ) brickbats which is fair enough but we are on a downward slide and we will have missed out on the promised land because he who can do no wrong has made a BIG ERROR in terms of strikers.

I will read with interest the posts on here next Christmas when ( if ) we are bottom half having missed out this season - and before you get too insulting, look at our top scorers, look at our goal difference, look at the drawn games we could have won and the lost games we could have drawn if we has signed a half decent striker !

well said,I have been lambasted over my comments reference strikers and strikeing problems,for two years and we still have poor players up front

Lets be fair though, you have been lamabasted because you are a <word removed after report of bad language>

Amen.

I was sceptical over the Adebola signing and he has done better than I thought but I still think we should have signed a striker with pace. When we brought on Sproule we looked dangerous because he is the only player with any pace we have.

Amen.

I was sceptical over the Adebola signing and he has done better than I thought but I still think we should have signed a striker with pace. When we brought on Sproule we looked dangerous because he is the only player with any pace we have.

I wouldn't mind Sproule given a shout up front in all honesty.

well said,I have been lambasted over my comments reference strikers and strikeing problems,for two years and we still have poor players up front

Christ, one day off at the races, and you two are straight on here moaning. Get real. One day when we dominate and fail to score and this is a crisis. please go off and support Rovers. We're second in the Championship, and have been there or thereabouts all season, instead of being like S****horpe and Blackpool, struggling at the wrong end of the table.

Whatever. are you happy now you're wingeing has got a response?

Christ, one day off at the races, and you two are straight on here moaning. Get real. One day when we dominate and fail to score and this is a crisis. please go off and support Rovers. We're second in the Championship, and have been there or thereabouts all season, instead of being like S****horpe and Blackpool, struggling at the wrong end of the table.

Whatever. are you happy now you're wingeing has got a response?

He's a prat, nothing else is needed to be said!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well apart from maybe he needs to get a life

Guest red ken 2
1. WE ARE SECOND

2. WE EXPECTED TO BE TWENTY SECOND

3. AT THE START OF THE SEASON EVERYONE WOULD OF RIPPED YOUR HAND OFF FOR PLAY-OFFS

4. JOHSONS IS THE BEST MANAGER WE HEV HAD IN AGES - BELIEVE IN HIM

Spell check anyone.

...and last year we got promoted. This year? Time wil tell, but I think we'll do it - we're not the only team at the top which is doing it's best to not take a commanding lead. With the games still to play between the top teams, it's still in our hands to throw away - not for other teams to hand it to us (although the game against Stoke will be key)

This is BCFC, we don't do easy.

Dan

Its only his view?

My objective has always been stay in this division - we are doing brilliant but the difficult thing is the last few weeks many like me who were happy to just stay up did start dreaming - you can't help it - it is football.

Doubt if I shall miss a game home or away for the rest of the season but if we slip into playoffs (likely) I can't see us getting through them because we simply do not have enough cut up front - it is true. GJ maybe brilliant and God and the best Manager since Dicks - but up front we are weak - a simple fact and the strikers are GJs?

If the others keep mucking it up we could stay top two which is the only way I see us getting to Satan's Premier League of Greed

We do seem to pick up after half time as well - I just wish we would start games a little hungrier - it could be twenty years before we are this close again

3pts in Baadiff and we are back on track

I think in fairness at the end of this season GJ will either be hailed as a genius for staying calm and sticking to his principals regarding team ethos and keeping a tight squad with everyone working for each other or someone who missed a golden opportunity in Jan to genuinely strengthen the team in areas we've been clearly lacking.

I'm not convinced that if we fail this year we'll find ourselves able to mount the same sort of challenge next season as I believe a large part of this years success was founded on the confidence and winning mentality that was carried through from last years campaign.

Have to say that following the criticism on here of Watford's tactics on tues, was a little concerned to see us relying on exactly the same approach 2nd half yesterday when clearly we're a team that doesn't function that way. That unfortunately is a direct result of having Adebola available up front and I hope we learnt from the fact that it didn't work.

We have had a great season whatever happens. Way above anybody's expectations so the manager, the coaching staff and the whole team deserves applause for their effort and our entertainmentt.

For the remainder of the season though with tired and injured teams as well as some very nervous teams at the top and some teams fighting very hard just outside the play offs and near the bottom there is only one way to play..............

Attacking! We must go after games from the start in our approach and our selection. For this reason, although erratic I think we must start with Sproule and the team must be told to give him PLENTY of service. He goes past players better than anyone yet the ball more often ends on the left and Mcindoe, rarely goes past players although his overall contribution is very good.

I think we must also spray the oppositions goal with more efforts from 18-25 yeards, especially in wet conditions as yesterday. Ball on the ground and at worst making it difficult for the goalkeeper to handle with a possible rebound to pick up. For these two reasons alone I think we must have all of the attacking ammunition available to us.

First choice strike force

Adebola, Trundle and yes, let's see what Brooker can do

Hoorah! RttW, I was going to post asking why you hadn't slithered out from under your stone as we'd lost, but on closer inspection you were here all the time. Good to see the usual manic depressive tosh! Keep up the good work, it gives us someone to fire back at when we're all a bit pist off having lost.

I'd like to know who this mythical striker is anyway. I see all of our rivals have been signing stikers left right and centre - don't see it making a difference for them though. Have you considered the fact that we don't score many goals because of our style of play?

Archived