IGNORED

This Season Compaed To Last

Br 1st ol

lets get on the couch, and open up a bit.

last year we needed promotion, but like most fans also felt we deserved it, had the resources and ambition, and no matter what happened felt that we would go up, even if it was via the play offs.

So last year i felt reasonably calm most of the season.

This year, i have felt on a knife edge all season...hoping we keep it going, but expecting us to tail off.

Nervous, scared to look at results, scared to attend games for fear of a beating....for fear of the bubble bursting.

So am i enjoying this season??

Not one bit....it is far too exciting, far too nerve wracking, over achieving, with a massive potential prize...it almost matters too much....i feel like i used to when i was watching Doctor Who in the 70's...drawn to watching, but scared at the same time.

This is a season i will only enjoy in hindsight, regardless of the outcome.

How do you feel??

For me its exactly the opposite. Last year, and for so many years before, we were absolutely desperate to go up, and for me the overriding emotion at the end of the season was sheer relief that we'd finally done it. This season, we've already blown everyones expectations out of the water, and I'm just enjoying the ride. In short, last year we needed promotion, this year we don't, and that for me makes it far more enjoyable.

lets get on the couch, and open up a bit.

last year we needed promotion, but like most fans also felt we deserved it, had the resources and ambition, and no matter what happened felt that we would go up, even if it was via the play offs.

So last year i felt reasonably calm most of the season.

This year, i have felt on a knife edge all season...hoping we keep it going, but expecting us to tail off.

Nervous, scared to look at results, scared to attend games for fear of a beating....for fear of the bubble bursting.

So am i enjoying this season??

Not one bit....it is far too exciting, far too nerve wracking, over achieving, with a massive potential prize...it almost matters too much....i feel like i used to when i was watching Doctor Who in the 70's...drawn to watching, but scared at the same time.

This is a season i will only enjoy in hindsight, regardless of the outcome.

How do you feel??

Probably the same as you - we must be of similar age!!!!!??????

I feel the same this time round as I did last time. Nervous as hell, desperate to get up, and moaning about a lack of goals! I agree that last years promotion was far more important than this one in terms of the fact that we had been stuck in that stupid division for so long. This time however what is making me so so nervous is the fact that we are so close, and may not get another chance like this for a long time.

The beauty of the Championship is nothing is a guarantee, and anyone can take points off anyone. Unfortunately that doesn't help settle the feeling of dread when you are in the thick of it!

For me its exactly the opposite. Last year, and for so many years before, we were absolutely desperate to go up, and for me the overriding emotion at the end of the season was sheer relief that we'd finally done it. This season, we've already blown everyones expectations out of the water, and I'm just enjoying the ride. In short, last year we needed promotion, this year we don't, and that for me makes it far more enjoyable.

Totally agree with this. This time last year I was bricking it, as we'd had so many near misses and couldn't face it happening again. This season is different, although it's a higher level, the players & staff know what is required to win promotion (though today was a blow).

Archived