IGNORED

82 Points

Basso for Brazil

I firmly believe, along with basso, that 82 points will be enougth to get promoted and maybe even win the league. With 7 games left are these following results that difficult to achieve if the players really pull out all the stops?

Cardiff (A) Win

Norwich (H) Draw

Southamption (A) Win

Wolves (H) Draw

Stoke City (A) Draw

Sheffield Utd (A) Win

Preston (H) Win

This will leave us on 82 points which will be a massive achievement by all involved, what does everyone else think we will get out of these 7 cup finals. Obviously the game against cardiff now takes massive importance to win to keep the total of 82 possible. Before anyone mentions, i have our away form slightly better than the home as i think this late on the players will do better as they will feel less pressure away.

I firmly believe, along with basso, that 82 points will be enougth to get promoted and maybe even win the league. With 7 games left are these following results that difficult to achieve if the players really pull out all the stops?

Cardiff (A) Win

Norwich (H) Draw

Southamption (A) Win

Wolves (H) Draw

Stoke City (A) Draw

Sheffield Utd (A) Win

Preston (H) Win

This will leave us on 82 points which will be a massive achievement by all involved, what does everyone else think we will get out of these 7 cup finals. Obviously the game against cardiff now takes massive importance to win to keep the total of 82 possible. Before anyone mentions, i have our away form slightly better than the home as i think this late on the players will do better as they will feel less pressure away.

I'd agree with that.

Still beliving we can do it, despite the loss.

Plus if we do the double over the sheep shaggers and go up thats one hell of a season!!!

Cardiff (A) Win

Norwich (H) Draw

Southamption (A) Win

Wolves (H) Draw

Stoke City (A) Draw

Sheffield Utd (A) Win

Preston (H) Win

Ye, right. Tell us where the goals are going to come from to win those 4 games. Colchester have scored more than us and look where they are.

Guest Eamer

If Watford an WBA win their games in hand we will drop to forth. How many points do you see those two and Stoke dropping before the end of the season. I'm worried we've lost it over the last few weeks. We're not scoring so not getting the results. 3 points from the last 12 isn't good enough and we could've been top and 9 points above Stoke if we'd won them all. We've only scored two in the last four though and one was a penalty in a loss. Not good enough.

If Watford an WBA win their games in hand we will drop to forth. How many points do you see those two and Stoke dropping before the end of the season. I'm worried we've lost it over the last few weeks. We're not scoring so not getting the results. 3 points from the last 12 isn't good enough and we could've been top and 9 points above Stoke if we'd won them all. We've only scored two in the last four though and one was a penalty in a loss. Not good enough.

100% agree

Well on the basis of the last few results I see Watford, Stoke and WBA dropping a lot of points between now and the end.

I think you have to look at the positives. We have just got 3 points from 4 games and are still in an excellent position to go up automatically.

We could've been top by more points if we won all our games....

:fastasleep:

Well, for a start, at least one of West Brom and Watford will drop points when they play each other. West Brom have dropped the same number of points as us in their last two home games. Stoke are hardly winning games, left right and centre and perhaps you could tell me when Watford last won a game? My point being that none of the sides up there with us has shown any sort of recent form that suggests they will win game after game in the run-in. If they do, good luck to them. And if we miss out then I suppose we'll have to live with it.

We have lost 8 games out of 39 at a level we were expected to struggle in. I personally think the overall performance of the team, taking away the disappointment, hysteria and mass panic of losing at home to a decent, well organised and well motivated team yesterday, has been more than "good enough".

Totally agree with you Eamer. :noexpression:

Unfortunately, we still have to many fans who cant see past the CURRENT league position. Yes its great where we are, but you cant help going to these games wondering where the goals going to come from to win us these games

Watford have scored less than us in their last five games (three against our four) and won less points (five against our six), so I'd warn against using them as a landmark of quality in this division. Plus their run-in is a nightmare with WBA, Plymouth and Hull away along with Palace and Barnsley at home left to navigate.

Stoke have scored even less than us (two, one a pen) and Watford over the last five, taking exactly the same points as Watford too (five), so again they aren't exactly looking like world-beaters.

And whilst it is true WBA will over take us if they win the two backed-up matches they have a FA cup semi final to prepare for and if they get just one draw in those two games in hand they will be behind us. No matter how decent their squad they will have to hold their nerve under serious pressure and with games against the likes of Charlton (a), Wolves (a), Watford (h) and QPR (a) remaining I do not envy their fixture list from now till May 4th.

Yes, our results have been poor over the last few games, but remember how well we bounced back after our last defeat? Eight without defeat, including tough games against the likes of Palace, Hull, Charlton and Watford. If the team can match that over the last seven games we will do it and if not we still stand as good a chance as anyone in the playoffs.

I see the away game against Cardiff (who will be lacking Hasselbaink thanks to his awful challenge yesterday; a plus point) as a real chance to recapture the momentum we had a few games ago. The squad has its first gameless midweek since March 1st and this will no doubt be a real bonus in terms of preparation.

Guest WellyCiderHead
Ye, right. Tell us where the goals are going to come from to win those 4 games. Colchester have scored more than us and look where they are.

another positive thread hijacked and turned into a thread about us needing a striker.

for **** sake its just getting boring now

Totally agree with you Eamer. :noexpression:

Unfortunately, we still have to many fans who cant see past the CURRENT league position. Yes its great where we are, but you cant help going to these games wondering where the goals going to come from to win us these games

I really hope that we don't miss out with this promotion push because there are going to be loads of people, with a complete lack of perspective on how far we have come in two years, who will be inconsolable. And experience of this forum shows that they will then turn nasty and that there will have to be scapegoats for the "abject failure" of failing to win promotion in our first season back in the Championship. Gary Johnson's incompetence and failure to "do this and that" no doubt being at the top of the list.

I really hope that we don't miss out with this promotion push because there are going to be loads of people, with a complete lack of perspective on how far we have come in two years, who will be inconsolable. And experience of this forum shows that they will then turn nasty and that there will have to be scapegoats for the "abject failure" of failing to win promotion in our first season back in the Championship. Gary Johnson's incompetence and failure to "do this and that" no doubt being at the top of the list.

Any t*ssers who think like that should take a reality check and look at where this club has actually been for most of the last 20+ years.

If we don't go up, will I be angry at the manager? absolutely not! I KNOW how far we have come over the last 2 years, and for what Johnson has done with this club, I will always be grateful

Will I be disappointed? damn right. As said in previous posts, the Championship is poor this year and we are one player away from winning this league. That player is a striker. If we don't go up this season now, Ill be gutted.

If we stay down, this season has been a huge success, but whats wrong with wanting that little bit more?

Cardiff (A) Win

Norwich (H) Draw

Southamption (A) Win

Wolves (H) Draw

Stoke City (A) Draw

Sheffield Utd (A) Win

Preston (H) Win

If we did achieve that, then "City 82" would have a whole new meaning! :winner_third_h4h:

Archived