IGNORED

Promotion = Millions ££££££££££££

PAPA650

Sorry city fans but cant take all this pressure along with many others I'm sure ?

BCFC won't get a better chance of going to the promise land worth 30-50 million to the club.

iv been to 90% of city games home and away this season and credit to all the players and the gaffer for a excellent season so far, but as so often said in this forum we need a top class striker maybe even two, now the season is near the finishing line and as it stands it looks like it will go to the wire !! even last day unless some thing is done NOW and i meen NOW.

i'm going to say this ccc season as said by many ftb pundits say quality is not up to scratch and as it stands automatic promotion will go up with the least points for many years,

BCFC have been lucky in many games this year and other teams have done us many favours hence we are where we are ! part luck and some good results for us and other teams being unconsistant also ???

I'm not going to point the finger at any players because like i said they have done a cracking job up to now and we are in a position most honest fans would have laughed at in august if it was said we would be at the top in march going for gold reguardless how we've done it or played or luck ????

Now i would love to approach SL and say you are a very good bussiness man and made many a million with a good eye for money deals and he surelly must realise money makes money yes !!! now call me stupid but if the club brought in severall top Quality strikers and players in on loan promotion could be our's ???? yes top players want top wages but lets say we bring in two players in on say 20k a week lets do the maths here say 10 games times 20k = 200k and 2nd player same amount = 400k and maybe extra 100k for another player , now by my reckoning 500k to win 50 million is bloody good bussiness sense if you ask me thats 100 times your money back not bad odds id say would take SL a bit longer than 8 weeks to make that kind of money wont you say folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

now after listening to GJ review of the match and his players he openally admits players are not up to scratch but respects what the boys have achieved so far ! yes fair point i'd say but in his comments also he's quite clearly not going to upset the apple cart and bring in other players but stick with his current squad with maybe a hint of BROOKER coming back ! some thing alot of fans and myself have been screaming for a long time, yes alot of you will say he cant play in this division he is not good enough ?? how do we know unless we try i'd say nothing to lose in my opinion ! what is it 5 goals in 6 matches now ? and that is with a far worst service from other players in his team ! no offence chelt's ! he would get a much better standard from our boys at bristol city and I'm sure he would score some goals for us ! because who else will score for the team. GJ has a good heart and maybe feels its unfair to bring in other players and drop the boys who have got us here today ! but we are back to my main point ? do we want promotion or not ! if so the club must do it now be it brooker or signings or i feel we will be going to the bloody play off's some thing alot of us would hate after such a good chance of going up automatically !!!! i know which road i would go down along with many others I'm sure, our goal difference is the worst in the top 9 so would hate to go to play offs because of our goal diff ! we are 2nd because of this so come final day what will the out come be ???? so in my eyes D DAY is here club must make the big and hopefully the right decision of the outcome of this season or just sit back and play ccc ftb next year ! lets not blow it ?

COME ON YOU REDS YOU CAN DO IT

Sorry city fans but cant take all this pressure along with many others I'm sure ?

BCFC won't get a better chance of going to the promise land worth 30-50 million to the club.

iv been to 90% of city games home and away this season and credit to all the players and the gaffer for a excellent season so far, but as so often said in this forum we need a top class striker maybe even two, now the season is near the finishing line and as it stands it looks like it will go to the wire !! even last day unless some thing is done NOW and i meen NOW.

i'm going to say this ccc season as said by many ftb pundits say quality is not up to scratch and as it stands automatic promotion will go up with the least points for many years,

BCFC have been lucky in many games this year and other teams have done us many favours hence we are where we are ! part luck and some good results for us and other teams being unconsistant also ???

I'm not going to point the finger at any players because like i said they have done a cracking job up to now and we are in a position most honest fans would have laughed at in august if it was said we would be at the top in march going for gold reguardless how we've done it or played or luck ????

Now i would love to approach SL and say you are a very good bussiness man and made many a million with a good eye for money deals and he surelly must realise money makes money yes !!! now call me stupid but if the club brought in severall top Quality strikers and players in on loan promotion could be our's ???? yes top players want top wages but lets say we bring in two players in on say 20k a week lets do the maths here say 10 games times 20k = 200k and 2nd player same amount = 400k and maybe extra 100k for another player , now by my reckoning 500k to win 50 million is bloody good bussiness sense if you ask me thats 100 times your money back not bad odds id say would take SL a bit longer than 8 weeks to make that kind of money wont you say folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

now after listening to GJ review of the match and his players he openally admits players are not up to scratch but respects what the boys have achieved so far ! yes fair point i'd say but in his comments also he's quite clearly not going to upset the apple cart and bring in other players but stick with his current squad with maybe a hint of BROOKER coming back ! some thing alot of fans and myself have been screaming for a long time, yes alot of you will say he cant play in this division he is not good enough ?? how do we know unless we try i'd say nothing to lose in my opinion ! what is it 5 goals in 6 matches now ? and that is with a far worst service from other players in his team ! no offence chelt's ! he would get a much better standard from our boys at bristol city and I'm sure he would score some goals for us ! because who else will score for the team. GJ has a good heart and maybe feels its unfair to bring in other players and drop the boys who have got us here today ! but we are back to my main point ? do we want promotion or not ! if so the club must do it now be it brooker or signings or i feel we will be going to the bloody play off's some thing alot of us would hate after such a good chance of going up automatically !!!! i know which road i would go down along with many others I'm sure, our goal difference is the worst in the top 9 so would hate to go to play offs because of our goal diff ! we are 2nd because of this so come final day what will the out come be ???? so in my eyes D DAY is here club must make the big and hopefully the right decision of the outcome of this season or just sit back and play ccc ftb next year ! lets not blow it ?

COME ON YOU REDS YOU CAN DO IT[/qu

Pessimist- we will, Optimist we won't, realist - play-offs.

OK Papa, if GJ says some players were not up to scratch, who selected them ?

If the wrong players were selected to start, who selected them ?

If substitutions and tactics did not work, who made them.

Who was playing injured or carrying a "niggle" ?

Is it better playing a good fit team man, or playing a 70% regular first team player.

Sometimes the manager has to face the fans and put his hand up.......LIKE NOW !

Oh yes, thanks for the season GJ, but you don't always get it right. Even God created things like Bristol Rovers...........not a major criticism Lord, perhaps an off day.......?

Ok. Who's to say that by spending your estimated 500k we will be promoted. WHO ARE the 3 players you want to spend your 500k and that they want to come to Aston Gate. Lets also remember they have to be right for the team. Whos to say that GJ is'nt trying to bring in 2or 3 players to boolster the team. These loans by other clubs don't actually appear to be working that well, 500k wasted now could well mean 500kless to build for next season.

Ok we are not here due to luck and other teams doing us favours and other teams being inconsistent - we are here due to hard work, team ethics, resilience, fortitude etc...

I think the hardest part of our understanding how we have got to this point from most supporter's perspective is that we have witnessed a season and a league that we doesn't arise tht often - what normally happens is that there are 3 or 4 teams who are better than most clubs in the division and they finish in the top 4 due to being better than the other clubs but in this league we all know that only one team fits that stereotype and that's WBA but everyone else in the league are pretty much a coin flip between the sides and it depends on the players mental attitude on each match day as to how each side does. Some clubs are packed full of expensive highly paid players (Shef Utd and Charlton, Watford, WBA) but their mental attitude seems to be lacking week in week out. Most clubs like ourselves have good quality players in all positions but again for one reason or another the players don't give 100% every week. In our promotion bid - I don't think I have looked at one game this season and thought "yeah we'll beat this lot" and then look at our next few matches and feel confident that we will win or draw most of them.

What you have to realise is that promotion for us will be earned through determination and hard work and not by scoring the most or conceding the least - Who has scored the most WBA - who has conceded the least - Leicester (and up until yesterday were right in the relegation mire) - we will promotion because in tight matches we achieve the best results - our last 7 games will all be tight matches and we have to at our best in each and everyone of those matches

now call me stupid but if the club brought in severall top Quality strikers and players in on loan promotion could be our's ???? yes top players want top wages but lets say we bring in two players in on say 20k a week lets do the maths here say 10 games times 20k = 200k and 2nd player same amount = 400k and maybe extra 100k for another player , now by my reckoning 500k to win 50 million is bloody good bussiness sense if you ask me thats 100 times your money back not bad odds id say would take SL a bit longer than 8 weeks to make that kind of money wont you say folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before the season started clubs went out and bought the best strikers around - Shef Utd got Beattie and Billy Sharp, Charlton bought all the rest and WBA got Ishmail - where are Shef Utd and Charlton now - not in the top 6 and Charlton went out and got Leroy last week - sorry but buying players or loaning players does not guarantee success regardless of how well we think they are - I will admit that if Owen or Ronaldo came then yes obviously they would make a difference but the players that are available do not fall into this bracket.

Here's a couple of thoughts from World Cup winning managers:

Lippi - "To this day I am not convinced of having brought together with me in Germany the technically best players that could have been. But I was firmly convinced I called the ones that could create a team, and they could play with one another to the best of their possibility. In this day and age you win if you become a team. It doesn't necessarily mean that you've got to have the best football players in the country. It's possible that the best, all together, don't become a team. It's like a mosaic, you have to put all the pieces together."

Alf Ramsey - who once replied to Jack Charlton, after the Leeds defender said he was surprised to be considered one of the best 11 players in England: "I did not say you were. I am picking a team, not the best 11 players.

now after listening to GJ review of the match and his players he openally admits players are not up to scratch but respects what the boys have achieved so far ! yes fair point

As I was on about earlier - we will win promotion due to getting the best possible results from tight matches - some of our players by the sound of it were not 100% mentally

i'd say but in his comments also he's quite clearly not going to upset the apple cart and bring in other players but stick with his current squad with maybe a hint of BROOKER coming back ! some thing alot of fans and myself have been screaming for a long time, yes alot of you will say he cant play in this division he is not good enough ?? how do we know unless we try i'd say nothing to lose in my opinion ! what is it 5 goals in 6 matches now ? and that is with a far worst service from other players in his team ! no offence chelt's ! he would get a much better standard from our boys at bristol city and I'm sure he would score some goals for us ! because who else will score for the team.

I think you make a good point and it's good to know that Gary has the opportunity to call on an inform striker who is playing in league 1

GJ has a good heart and maybe feels its unfair to bring in other players and drop the boys who have got us here today ! but we are back to my main point ?

I think GJ will weigh up the hard feelings of existing first team players vs the return of Steve Brooker. I don't know but I would think that our strikers are showing what they can do in training, they talk the talk to the manager, the manager sees and believes in his strikers but will be looking for new ones at the end of the season regardless of which division we are in.

do we want promotion or not ! if so the club must do it now be it brooker or signings or i feel we will be going to the bloody play off's some thing alot of us would hate after such a good chance of going up automatically !!!! i know which road i would go down along with many others I'm sure, our goal difference is the worst in the top 9 so would hate to go to play offs because of our goal diff ! we are 2nd because of this so come final day what will the out come be ???? so in my eyes D DAY is here club must make the big and hopefully the right decision of the outcome of this season or just sit back and play ccc ftb next year ! lets not blow it ?

I think it is far more important that the players are up for each of the last few games - 100% up for it from their toe nails to their scalp that there will be no easy games, no "we are better than these - so we will win games" - our existing players have showed the qualities that are important in this league and that quality is getting the best out of tight matches - I agree with the premise that had we got a striker who is not only capable but also produces then this league would have been a lot easier for us and no doubts that is what we are looking to do in the summer, and frankly I don't subscribe to the this is the best chance we will ever have to get promoted argument - I think if we retain our defense and midfield then with the addition of the right caliber strikers then we might walk this league over next year - that is not to say this isnt an excellent chance to go up this season but I would emphasise more on getting the existing players mentally right more than look for a miracle solution from strikers whose parent club are willing to loan out rather retain as a squad player.

Well said Geoff65.

Lets not panic, what will be will be.

We are quite capable of getting auto promotion place if we hold our nerve and get our fair share of good fortune. Even if we don't, we have the playoffs and if we fail there its still been a great season.

This is not the time for knee jerk reactions and head hunting because we have just lost to a good Plymouth team who had good fortune on there side.

Lets remember how far we have come and just...BELIEVE!!!!!

Well said Geoff65.

Lets not panic, what will be will be.

We are quite capable of getting auto promotion place if we hold our nerve and get our fair share of good fortune. Even if we don't, we have the playoffs and if we fail there its still been a great season.

This is not the time for knee jerk reactions and head hunting because we have just lost to a good Plymouth team who had good fortune on there side.

Lets remember how far we have come and just...BELIEVE!!!!!

that's the worry though, at the moment we are not holding our nerve, we are dropping points all over the place and suffered the same problems that other teams have had the moment we hit top of the league, form has been poor last few weeks.

didn't think Plymouth were that good a team, we controlled the first half, but they scored against the run of play and the only real difference between the teams is they were stronger at the back and took their chances.

We might have better chance next season with a years experience and a few quality additions. It's not a 'now or never' situation.

But we might go up this season, maybe through the play-offs? Only time will tell.

that's the worry though, at the moment we are not holding our nerve, we are dropping points all over the place and suffered the same problems that other teams have had the moment we hit top of the league, form has been poor last few weeks.

didn't think Plymouth were that good a team, we controlled the first half, but they scored against the run of play and the only real difference between the teams is they were stronger at the back and took their chances.

[/quote

I don't think our nerve is breaking it's more that we just haven't had that little bit of good fortune in recent games. We have been creating situations but have not had the breaks you need to score a goal or two. I think by the law of averages we will start to get those breaks again soon.

Trouble is when you are at the top everyone is gunning for you which makes it even harder to win games and it was also a must win game for Plymouth yesterday to keep there season alive. Maybe the pressure will be off us a little now we have slipped back a little.

Agree with you, there defence was very good yesterday.

Ok. Who's to say that by spending your estimated 500k we will be promoted. WHO ARE the 3 players you want to spend your 500k and that they want to come to Aston Gate. Lets also remember they have to be right for the team. Whos to say that GJ is'nt trying to bring in 2or 3 players to boolster the team. These loans by other clubs don't actually appear to be working that well, 500k wasted now could well mean 500kless to build for next season.

I'm not the manager just a fan so I'm not going to name player who we should loan/buy that is GJ and his brothers job, you say maybe he is looking at bring in players already !! my main point is now or never ??

yes some loans or big name players don't always come good but 500k is worth a gamble to gain 50 million !

500k to spend next year wont buy us much !! I'm talking about just paying strikers wages for 8-10 weeks to hopefully get promoted ? yes i agree wages are to bloody high for some guy to kick a ball but that is the real world in football wages now !!!!

alot of you say stop flapping we are amongst the top runners and we are not there because we is crap but just having a little bad patch ? 7 games to go i am flapping because there are teams who are on much better form than us along with other teams around us who could nick what has been our's for the taking !!!! back to my main point bring STRIKERS in why GAMBLE on the current squad hitting peak form for last 7 games :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Johnson clearly wants people to concentrate on games in groups so as not to have knee jerk reactions after one defeat. 16 points from this group of 10 games means we are still on track, a draw or a win next week keeps us in the hunt.

Johnson didn't say the players weren't good enough, he said their performances yesterday weren't good enough. He also said they were equally disappointed and would be determined to put it right.

The idea of going out now and spending some ridiculous sums of money on players in the hope they can produce better than the ones we have is pie in the sky.

I think it would have a huge detrimental effect on the players that are already here, it would also take a couple of games for them to get started and there is no guarantee they would do any better. So you upset the whole thing on a gamble.

Not only do I think it shouldn't happen, I would almost gamble my house on the fact that it definitely wont happen.

If you think that just going out and spending money on players is a guarantee of success, I suggest you look at the teams towards the bottom of the table. How much have Coventry, Wednesday or Leicester and some of the others have spent recently?

It's one defeat at this stage, and although it was an opportunity missed in terms of opening a gap, didn't actually cost us too much in comparison to the other teams around us.

I am certainly not as worried as some Baggies fans are right now, 10 men or not, losing 4-1 at home to Leicester makes our result last Saturday look fantastic.

Archived