IGNORED

Casual's Perspective

RedRock

Got the stripes for a 1,000 plus games so the 'regulars only' police please don't be too dimissive of a 'casual'. The fact that the last 25 years have involved 200 round mile trips to the Gate have impacted on the attendance record.

A view on yesterday's match... some pretty football, but not where it hurts - in the 18 yard box. Massive fan of GJ, turned the shambles that Wilson/Pulis created into a tight and professional outfit. He's also developed players, who I thought had peaked, into top notch Championship performers - Messrs Basso, Carey, Orr ....step forward. Awesome.

However, if GJ has any weakness it's spotting/developing forward-line talent. Bas, Showman were never more than journeyman lower league forwards. Dele, to me, looked heavy and slow. Might be able to do a job of roughing up a few defenders but you need to more than that in your drawer at the top levels. Oh, for a Kevin Phillips type of player. Unfortunately, don't think that Byfield has the necessary goal poaching abilities.

OK you can argue with Bas/Showman we got out of League 1, and it's an 'evolution not revolution' approach being employed. Maybe GJ will wave his wand again and get us out of the Championship with the current combinations. As GJ has delivered before I'll believe, but wouldn't it be nice for City to do things the easy way.... just for once!

Archived