IGNORED

From A Rovers Fan At Chelts

Red Robin

Waiting in the que for my sunday lunch today in a local resteraunt there was a woman in front of me who was a rovers fan who attended the rovers,cheltenham game,she was chatting to a city fan she obviously new in the que next to her.

She said Steve Brooker was no where near championship standard on his performance yesterday, and it would be unfair to expect him to take the pressure of trying to score some goals for us at present.

I'm obviously able to hear this from her,what worrys me is the pressure SB will be under if he is called back by GJ.

is it really far to expect a player who has not featured all season to start banging the goals in.

My responce definatly not.

Gary Johnson needs to go out a bring the strikers in to fire us up,cus next year it certainly will not be as easy as this year for the club.

The rewards are there,we just need to act whilst we are still in with a shout.

There is no loyality in football you only have to ask Phil Jevons,Enoch Showumni about that.

Gary J you have done a fantastic job so far at city,however your weak link has been the strikeing positions and your signings in these positions.

P.S Dele has done us proud and this does not relate to him

How can she tell hes not championship standard

have watched him just once

He was playing with and against 1st div players

which may not be on the same wave length

Only when hes played for us in the championship

will we by able for certain if he can hack it or not

Do you think we should put him under the intense pressure that it will undoubtebly bring?????

Waiting in the que for my sunday lunch today in a local resteraunt there was a woman in front of me who was a rovers fan who attended the rovers,cheltenham game,she was chatting to a city fan she obviously new in the que next to her.

She said Steve Brooker was no where near championship standard on his performance yesterday, and it would be unfair to expect him to take the pressure of trying to score some goals for us at present.

That settles it then, case closed. :noexpression:

The fact she was a woman renders her as an invalid source. His record speaks for its self and he has to be more of a threat than what we currently have.

I agree 100% with you LT and DB are not championship material,however BROOKER we do not have a clue if he can cut the mustard.

Think it s unfair to put the guy under so much pressure,however if GJ does not bring any one in,it has to be the last roll of the dice.

Do you think we should put him under the intense pressure that it will undoubtebly bring?????

I thought thats whats happend in footy? thats there whole career espcially strikers to perform under pressure. I think he'd love the challenge and even if it didn't work he know he tried then being stuck in a low league 1 side for the season. For Brooker this may be his last chance to stay at City if we go up.

BROOKER is far too good for League One, and we are very fortunate to have him. We have looked after him well, and he is approaching full fitness rapidly. He holds the ball up excellently, I have seldom seen better. He has revolutionised our season, and he has high productivity, as he can make anything happen from impossible situations. It will be disappointing to see him go, but he would be better suited to a struggling Championship side, than a title-chasing one.

Another quote from a seperate forum. Make of that what you will.

I agree 100% with you LT and DB are not championship material,however BROOKER we do not have a clue if he can cut the mustard.

Think it s unfair to put the guy under so much pressure,however if GJ does not bring any one in,it has to be the last roll of the dice.

He is a proffesional footballer, has been for a number of years. Brooker is not a 17 year old rookie. If he cannot handle the pressure of having to score important goals in important games....then whats he doing playing proffesional football

He was still good enough to win the game against that bunch of clowns.

And when was the last time Rovers fans had any idea of how good the Championship was? I'll concede they have some idea about league two but that's about it.

They still think that tub of lard Lambert is a quality striker, which says a lot really.

He is a proffesional footballer, has been for a number of years. Brooker is not a 17 year old rookie. If he cannot handle the pressure of having to score important goals in important games....then whats he doing playing proffesional football

I wonder what Brooks feels,GJ must be holding back for one reason or another,especialy when he s aware his current strikers are not producing.

I'm sure GJ would have him back like a shot if he was ready.

The thoughts of one dumb Rovers bint in a supermarket are irrelevant.

There won't be any pressure on Brooker that he won't put on himself, it's not like he has a tough act to follow is it?

We should recall him because there is no down side to doing so, if he can get a couple of goals for us they could make all the difference.

There's really no reason whatsoever for him to be on loan any more.

I'm not sure to be fair

Yes he would be under pressure but thats all part of being a pro footballer

I also think it would give every body a big lift to see

him back playing for us (trundle byfield apart)

What a load of rubbish. This woman has seen Brooker play once, score once, and hasn't probably ever seen a Championship game this season so she's in no position to comment whether or not he's up to scratch at our level.

Brooker's ready to return IMHO. He's got himself match fit and hit a rich vein of form. Now is the time to see if he can cut the mustard at this level. GJ clearly wasn't happy with Adebola's contribution yesterday and we simply don't have another physical striker to call upon unless we recall Brooker. Yes, he will be under pressure but he's not a raw youngster but a seasoned professional so that shouldn't be a problem. At the end of the day, we need all the attacking options we can get at the moment.

There aint no pressure, just give the guy a chance SOON IF HE AINT FIT NOW HE NEVER WILL BE

What are you chatting about DB has been playin in the championship now for a long period of time and he is undoubted quality and he will prove it time and time again as far LT concerned jury is still out but for me now he has a goal we may see a different player. If you told me at the begining of the season SM would not get a game then i would have thought you were crazy but hes now fit he still can not manage to get a game.

Also who are we to question GJ if he thinks LT is good enough which he does because he is a feature in the squad week in week out allbeit from the bench.

Brooker is ready he will come in theres not pressure on him. They way i see the gaffer will tell him hes ready and stick him in. SB will see it as a chance to prove himself again not "OMG i have to score all the goals or its my fault."

GJ knows what he is doing and i cannot see him bringing any player in on loan doesnt fit with what he has achieved all this season. It sends out the wrong message to the squad.

There aint no pressure, just give the guy a chance SOON IF HE AINT FIT NOW HE NEVER WILL BE

Well lets hope GJ brings him back into the fold now,cus we sure do need a striker to hit the goals.

How ever a fellow poster seems to think Brooker it staying at Chelts,as previous people have said a 70% Brooks it seems would be better than the current crop

Dele and Brooks at Cardiff would be nice will it happen one man can make it happen eh GJ

I'm not sure I'm adding much that hasnt already been said here.

But, I think this labelling of Brooker as a league-one player is ridiculous.

How can anyone say that Brooker definitely won't be good enough for the championship ? Most of this seasons squad came straight out of league one and they've done pretty well so far !

And who was it that said Gary Johnson was just a "conference manager" ?

I would love to see Brooker back at city. I think we have seen that the level between league one and championship is not huge and we all know that Brooker is too good for league one. He's scored 5 in 6 for a struggling team, I would like to see him come back in time for cardiff.

Well lets hope GJ brings him back into the fold now,cus we sure do need a striker to hit the goals.

How ever a fellow poster seems to think Brooker it staying at Chelts,as previous people have said a 70% Brooks it seems would be better than the current crop

Dele and Brooks at Cardiff would be nice will it happen one man can make it happen eh GJ

Gary J lets give Brooker the nod with Dele on Saturday,you brought him back lets see him play pleaseeeeeeee.

Trundle on the bench as back up,but brooks over the others as he is banging the goals in

I'm obviously able to hear this from her,what worrys me is the pressure SB will be under if he is called back by GJ.

is it really far to expect a player who has not featured all season to start banging the goals in.

My responce definatly not.

Gary Johnson needs to go out a bring the strikers in to fire us up,cus next year it certainly will not be as easy as this year for the club.

The rewards are there,we just need to act whilst we are still in with a shout.

There is no loyality in football you only have to ask Phil Jevons,Enoch Showumni about that.

Gary J you have done a fantastic job so far at city,however your weak link has been the strikeing positions and your signings in these positions.

P.S Dele has done us proud and this does not relate to him

Doesn't mean a thing, I've had plenty of discussions this season with Gasheads who don't believe any of our strikers (Byfield 17/18 last season in L1, Trundle 20/21 last season in L1) or midfielders would be good enough to get in their side and that Phillips is still Bristol's number 1.

From that logic the only thing stopping them being top of the Championship is not having our defence.

:noexpression:

Thank you Andy. Just the words I was going to use. Stevie is definitely up for it. Pressure? Every City player is under pressure going out in front of 16k+ plus fans who are desperate for success. It's what they do. If Gary thinks he's got a part to play then he's got a part to play.

Ooo, I'm going all tinglely.

COME ON YOU REDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS!

City fan's thuggery!!

The Evening Post can exclusivly reveal, that the coin throwing incident involving the best keeper in Bristol was allegedly carried out by people who, not only know some City fans by site, but could possibly have talked to them once or twice in the last six months..

A source close the the club said: "Deffinately a s*ithead's fault""

Post Comment:

How much longer do we have to put up with 82'ers??

Archived