IGNORED

Is Alex Russell Worth A Recall ?

cummins17

I feel our midfield espically central looks very tired and lacking experience recently and this could come to cost us in the run in. Marvin elliott looks very tired and might be carrying a injury, Lee johnson has recently picked up a injury so its going to take a couple of games to get back fully fit, cole skuse is vey inexprienced at every level and dave noble loks like he cant cut it at this level the only real midfielder who i feel we can rely on at the moment is nick carle so do you feel alex russell is worth a recall he has got experiece but unfortunley not at this level but he has been doing very well down at cheltenham so is he worth a recall for that extra bit of bite in midfield ?

what do you think this is just my opinion and i will probaly get slated for it but arent these forums to discuss opinions ???

I would have liked to see him given a chance here before being loaned but with 7 games left and his contract up in the summer, and given that we don't really have a problem in central midfield with both Skuse and Artus available to cover, I don't see the point in recalling him.

Nobody we have out on loan at the moment would improve our current team in my opinion.

They are in League 1 for a reason.

I'm afraid Brooker, JMW, Russell etc are no better than what we have taking the field currently.

I have to disagree I'm afraid. I just think russel has that touch of class. He might not be an outstanding player in this league but I feel he could certainly offer the team something other than what we have already (not complaining)

I also feel brooker will come back and do a job. I have no doubt he will be more than good enough for this league.

I agree JMW isnt ready for the championship but he has something about him and certainly has an exciting future ahead of him ala tristan plummer.

I have to disagree I'm afraid. I just think russel has that touch of class. He might not be an outstanding player in this league but I feel he could certainly offer the team something other than what we have already (not complaining)

I also feel brooker will come back and do a job. I have no doubt he will be more than good enough for this league.

I agree JMW isnt ready for the championship but he has something about him and certainly has an exciting future ahead of him ala tristan plummer.

With JMW I certainly think the loan out period is benefiting us.

He wouldn't get in our team now but I'd like to see us keep developing exciting younger prospects and get them experience to come back to the club when the time is right to do a job.

I think Russell is without doubt good player. I just think he'd be off the pace for this league.

Likewise with Brooker, he is scoring goals but I've been told by a Cheltenham fella I know that he'd struggle in the CCC.

I'm a fan of Brooker but feel (even though he played poorly yesterday) we're better off with proven Championship players like Adebola.

Archived