IGNORED

Disrespect And The Final Countdown

Will Rollason

GJ has chosen to stick with what he's got and in his words not disrespect his players by making panic loans which, as has been pointed out, have not helped anyone else.

Team spirit will have to do.

These are the players that have got us to 2nd in the league with 7 to go. Perhaps we should have some faith?

The only team in form at the moment is Hull and they are hopefully to far back :sofa: but our rivals are struggling too.

I don't think any of us would argue that WBA have the best team in the league and have scored a million goals etc etc..

They lost 4-1 on Sat........ at home............ to Holloway........ and their fans are more worried than us.

Lets face it, we aint going to get any loans in , its going to be 4-5-1 and the odd goal here and there, we might fail in

the auto spots but i'm proud of them and wherever we finish its been a great 1st season back in the champ. The trouble is

we are soooo close we can almost taste it and its difficult to keep perspective ( as in we only came up this season and are madly overperforming)

Yes , i know its our best chance for 35 yrs to get into the top div, but loans and moans wont get us there, hearts and big round balls will.

you reds

all i can say to that is well sais but you can ovisually understand the peoplewho despretly want a loan striker in as like you said we can taste it so people will ovisually feel why not its worth a shout but i am with you on saying werever the boys finish I'm proud considerin we were among the favourites to go down at the start of the season !

At last a sensible post. My god if the players / management staff paniced as much as the people on here then we would be in real trouble. If we do go up then i can just see it on here if we dare lose to Man utd or someone there will be a witch hunt!

We have no divine right to win every game so lets show a bit of faith in the lads for christ sake.

GJ has chosen to stick with what he's got and in his words not disrespect his players by making panic loans which, as has been pointed out, have not helped anyone else.

These are the players that have got us to 2nd in the league with 7 to go. Perhaps we should have some faith?

The only team in form at the moment is Hull and they are hopefully to far back :sofa: but our rivals are struggling too.

I don't think any of us would argue that WBA have the best team in the league and have scored a million goals etc etc..

They lost 4-1 on Sat........ at home............ to Holloway........ and their fans are more worried than us.

Lets face it, we aint going to get any loans in , its going to be 4-5-1 and the odd goal here and there, we might fail in

the auto spots but i'm proud of them and wherever we finish its been a great 1st season back in the champ. The trouble is

we are soooo close we can almost taste it and its difficult to keep perspective ( as in we only came up this season and are madly overperforming)

Yes , i know its our best chance for 35 yrs to get into the top div, but loans and moans wont get us there, hearts and big round balls will.

you reds

what a speech

Expectations have been raised by how well we have done this season.

People have been talking as if we have been promoted for weeks now and they can see it slipping away, and arguably because

we are not scoring enough goals.

Don't blame people for being desperate for this to happen mate

you are right mate

the fact that we have done so well up to now has caused a few to jump ahead to far

we are in a great position but with seven games left that means we still have 15 % of the season to go (ie one sixth of the season to go)

we need to help get the boys over the line by supporting them, not second guessing GJ and the team

as Basso would say........BELIEVE

:goingup:

you reds

Tubthumping rhetoric is fine, but if you think that a chorus of, "It'll be alright on the night," will propel City to automatic promotion when the majority of our forwards aren't good enough, you're clearly blinkered.

I prefer to believe the evidence of my own eyes thanks. Get Brooker back or loan a forward like David Healy. That's not disrespect, it's common sense. Fifty million pounds worth at the last count.

Tubthumping rhetoric is fine, but if you think that a chorus of, "It'll be alright on the night," will propel City to automatic promotion when the majority of our forwards aren't good enough, you're clearly blinkered.

I prefer to believe the evidence of my own eyes thanks. Get Brooker back or loan a forward like David Healy. That's not disrespect, it's common sense. Fifty million pounds worth at the last count.

Does your common sense tell you that bringing in loans at this stage would deliver the goods???

I don't think so and neither, more importantly ,does GJ.

What does it say to your players ? That they aint good enough?- " yeah thanks for the effort so far guys but we'll just bring in some premiership rejects in a desperate bid for promotion ta very much".

Just think about the effect on team spirit? Has it worked for our rivals? Bloody hell if you go on the baggies forum's they;re complaining about their lot!!! they think they should have gone for Lita!! Wolves?? they have enough strikers for 3-4 teams, Charlton? Ipswich? yeah worked a treat hasn't it?

Not rhetoric, just heartfelt . Of course i can see our limitations but I also see my team for what and where they are, 2ND

WITH 7 TO GO, and if you think panic loans are the way to the prem then the blinkers are on you cause it wouldnt make a blind bit of difference,

These players will do it for us or not ....,whatever its been a hell of a ride....

Does your common sense tell you that bringing in loans at this stage would deliver the goods???

I don't think so and neither, more importantly ,does GJ.

What does it say to your players ? That they aint good enough?- " yeah thanks for the effort so far guys but we'll just bring in some premiership rejects in a desperate bid for promotion ta very much".

Just think about the effect on team spirit? Has it worked for our rivals? Bloody hell if you go on the baggies forum's they;re complaining about their lot!!! they think they should have gone for Lita!! Wolves?? they have enough strikers for 3-4 teams, Charlton? Ipswich? yeah worked a treat hasn't it?

Not rhetoric, just heartfelt . Of course i can see our limitations but I also see my team for what and where they are, 2ND

WITH 7 TO GO, and if you think panic loans are the way to the prem then the blinkers are on you cause it wouldnt make a blind bit of difference,

These players will do it for us or not ....,whatever its been a hell of a ride....

EXACTLY....

However Brooker is our player and right now we could use him around the first team...I doubt very much that the applecarts would get overturned by that

Do you have to practice to be that patronising to other people?

According to the article in "WELL RED" from Saturdays game, that is exactly what we need to do.

The psychologist(sp?), who trains City said that in ALL cases if 20,000(his figure not mine), were to visualise a win then it would happen, and apparently all we City fans have to do is think "happy" thoughts and we will get promoted. :noexpression:

You were saying almost exactly the same thing on the same subject this time last year.

What more does the manager have to do for you to trust his judgement?

I was interested to listen to GJ on World on Sunday after watching the highlights.

"Perhaps some of the players are feeling the pressure and if they are we'll need to change things" was perhaps the most revealing comment.

He doesn't do loans-OK, that's a strategic decision and could well have been borne out of his previous attempts when first here which frankly, were a disaster in the vast majority of cases.

As I said in the R&R, it's a high risk strategy and if it comes off he'll rightly become a City Legend second only to Alan Dicks in the all time manager rankings.His career will also take a lift as he'll be seen as a CCC success story.A season or two in the Prem and he'll be a "Paul Jewell" level manager and become sought after at this level-His finanacial future will also be assured which is great for him and his family-Good luck to the bloke if it does.

However, if it doesn't happen & we miss out on auto, then the play offs and we start next season poorly, then with expectation levels raised, he'll suddenly become "under pressure Gary Johnson" ala Dave Jones at Cardiff, gates ( we know) will fall and things will get tough.

Can I say that I vastly prefer scenario 1 and dread scenario 2 however it's to close to call if you asked me to predict which one will happen.

Can grind out four more wins or so from seven games, I don't know, because we're not scoring goals or creating bucketfuls of chances and key players are injured.

It's OK saying, well other teams are in the same boat, so perhaps we can get promoted by defaut, because I don't think our promotion opponents are great either.WBA had a bad one Saturday but have goals & quality in them-Do they have the bottle though?

I'd banish Stoke & Watford, plus their managers and Crystal Palace to a desert island and make them play each other every week........behind closed doors!!

If Ipswich make the play offs, be honest, would you fancy them over two legs?

Charlton aren't great and are having a bad time of late, but they've taken four points off us this season?

As I said, GJ has commited the club to an ultra high risk strategy and if it doesn't work, well all start to wonder "What If?"

One prediction I will make is that this is the best position we'll be in for years and if we blow it, we could have real problems.

You were saying almost exactly the same thing on the same subject this time last year.

yep, looking at the team and what they have done and what johnson has said recently, I don't think we will be bringing anyone in, apart from Brooker when GJ feels' he's ready to replace the current forward in the team.

you just need to look at the other forwards that have moved recently to clubs around us on loan, to see it actually hasn't made any difference to their form, Luke Moore @ West Brom, Lita @ Charlton, Kuqi @ Ispwich, even Cole at Burnley has struggled to make too much of an impact, Bothyrood going to Stoke. none of those signings have really improved things or made other club really look up and take notice.

Plus neither of those players moving have made me think........oh I'd rather have him that what we have now when they moved to their current clubs.

One prediction I will make is that this is the best position we'll be in for years and if we blow it, we could have real problems.

And I predict that if we don't go up we will consolidate, strengthen and challenge at the top again next season. GJ is no flash in the pan merchant.

And I predict that if we don't go up we will consolidate, strengthen and challenge at the top again next season. GJ is no flash in the pan merchant.

but surely it will be a case of either GREAT SUCCESS or CERTAIN DOOM END OF THE WORLD?

exactly what I think to be honest, if we don't go up this season, it's not the end of the world, it's still great progress that we have been even discussing this in mid-march, unfortunately some are losing their heads and getting carried away with it all.

If we go up, GREAT and no doubt we will strength to make some sort of challenge of staying up, without putting the long-term future at risk,

If we don't go up, it will still be our best season for a very long time, and it will be a good chance to have a clear out and rebuild the squad with the view of trying to repeat and go one step further next season.

either way, I don't think Gary will be under any pressure next season that is being mentioned.

That's funny, because if you read the highlighted part of my quote, I said:

Get Brooker back or loan a forward like David Healy.

And in response to a former Brooker thread: http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?act=Post&a...amp;qpid=893278 , you commented:

I can't see an argument for not having a striker in our squad who we own, who's fit and who's scoring goals.

We both agree on that point, Huw. Does that mean that you don't trust the manager's judgement?

There are undertones on these boards already that GJ will be under pressure next season if we aren't challenging for play offs next year. From my perspective it looks like the defense is doing the business and if we sign them all up for the next couple of years and add a left back to the squad then we're sorted. The midfield looks to sound (although a couple are experiencing poor form at this precise moment in time), if we replace Noble Murray Russell with players who can compete with McIndoe Johnson Carle Sproule then we are sorted if the aforementioned lose form or get injured and upfront we need to get players who can walk the walk rather than talk the talk and with a season of knowing how good we have to be each and every game then I don't see a now or never situation now.

As to the constant mentioning of crowd sizes - it does my head in. don't talk about politics and religion is some advice offered to me as it does no good - crowd sizes and academy are two subjects that follow the same path.

That's funny, because if you read the highlighted part of my quote, I said:

And in response to a former Brooker thread: http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?act=Post&a...amp;qpid=893278 , you commented:

We both agree on that point, Huw. Does that mean that you don't trust the manager's judgement?

No, it means, with the facts I have, I don't see an argument for not having him back. However, I may not have all the facts and I wouldn't refer to anyone who disagrees, seemingly including the manager, as clearly blinkered.

I also think Murray should be involved and that Trundle should play alongside Adebola. I'm probably wrong on both counts and am certainly not going to tell a manager who has done so much to deserve my faith in his ability and judgement that he's 'clearly blinkered'.

I'm referring to this part of your post:

Twelve months ago, almost to the day, amongst other similar posts you said:

As many pundits and fans will tell you ad nauseum, scoring goals is the hardest job in the world. Its the main responsibility of strikers and because of niggling injuries and profligacy in front of goal, ours are a major cause for concern right now.

We have got a fantastic squad, no question, but why risk promotion on a set of ideals if they were simply shifted top accomodate a prodigeous Premiership player, for example? Someone you're not likely to buy, but has the hunger, workrate and simple desire to shine.

Hence my comment that you were saying almost the same thing about the same subject a year ago.

There are undertones on these boards already that GJ will be under pressure next season if we aren't challenging for play offs next year. From my perspective it looks like the defense is doing the business and if we sign them all up for the next couple of years and add a left back to the squad then we're sorted. The midfield looks to sound (although a couple are experiencing poor form at this precise moment in time), if we replace Noble Murray Russell with players who can compete with McIndoe Johnson Carle Sproule then we are sorted if the aforementioned lose form or get injured and upfront we need to get players who can walk the walk rather than talk the talk and with a season of knowing how good we have to be each and every game then I don't see a now or never situation now.

As to the constant mentioning of crowd sizes - it does my head in. don't talk about politics and religion is some advice offered to me as it does no good - crowd sizes and academy are two subjects that follow the same path.

Personally I believe that if we don't go up THIS season, GJ and KM will go elsewhere.

People forget how far we have come, and I put our current run of indifferent results down to the odd lack of form (Marvin who in fairness is prob completely knackered) Sproule, who I thought looked a decent threat when he came on, and generally lady luck just not being with us for once.

Maybe we will go up automatically, maybe we will miss out in the play-offs but I for one am so proud of what has gone on down the gate in recent times that I don't want it to stop - GJ will leave eventually, we will probably end up with a tin pot manager again, and everyone will be moaning about the good times we had in the 2007/2008 season !

Anyway, now Trundle has scored again, he'll end of on 20 for the season and we'll go up as champions - not a problem !

No, it means, with the facts I have, I don't see an argument for not having him back. However, I may not have all the facts and I wouldn't refer to anyone who disagrees, seemingly including the manager, as clearly blinkered.

I was referring to the poster, not our manager. However, it probably came across as patronising and for that I apologise to Saab Driver.

I was referring to the poster, not our manager. However, it probably came across as patronising and for that I apologise to Saab Driver.

No problem. :innocent06: we all want the same thing after all but we will have to agree to differ on how best to achieve it.

I really cant see that not getting loans in is "blowing it" simply because there is no guarantee that said loans would work out and may indeed upset that most fragile of things- team spirit -which has put us where we are now. ( plus hefty doses of good luck :englandsmile4wf: )

Anyway on to Cardiff...... Gary will have them ready and IF we get a result well its game on isnt it??

Loving this season.

you reds.

pps.

lets have Brooks back.......

Archived