IGNORED

Ribeiro

YattonRed

When do you reckon Ribeiro will get a first team call up from what i have seen he is good enough. Everyone has to start somewhere.

There are some very good youngsters coming through and also some squad players doing well in the second first team the question is who would you drop to put them in

I was thinking the same when I saw the West Ham youngster come on and score the winner however I did also think if West Ham were in our position would he get the chance? I somehow doubt it.

The difference is the West Ham youngster is a stricker who scores lots of goals in the reserves and youth team City do not have that type of player in the wings

The difference is the West Ham youngster is a stricker who scores lots of goals in the reserves and youth team City do not have that type of player in the wings

would argue mr plummer fitted that bill nicely but never got the chance as well (before we signed trunds, ade, byfield etc) seems hard now to think where these two would get a game even as subs at this stage of the season, which is a real shame as would hate too see them both sold.

would argue mr plummer fitted that bill nicely but never got the chance as well (before we signed trunds, ade, byfield etc) seems hard now to think where these two would get a game even as subs at this stage of the season, which is a real shame as would hate too see them both sold.

The boy at west ham has scored 24 goals in 25 reserve and youth team games Plummer was never near that number

if we do get promoted to the prem then,

i can see GJ giving the youngsters a go because i would nt see us serviving up there so that would be the perfect opertunity to try different players out.

if not they will have to prove themselves in pre season

if we do get promoted to the prem then,

i can see GJ giving the youngsters a go because i would nt see us serviving up there so that would be the perfect opertunity to try different players out.

if not they will have to prove themselves in pre season

Think it would be a bit of a baptism of fire and soul destroying for them in the prem. Both good younguns as fontaine proved you just need games, but that said cant see where there going to get a chance as we cant afford to gamble now!!

That said would rather see them playing for city next year than some journeyman, sorry established prem player who just comes down for one season for the money and glory. Good luck to the younguns! Sure GJ knows when the time is right. Lot of gossip bout villa and everton though be a crying shame if they went.

Think it would be a bit of a baptism of fire and soul destroying for them in the prem. Both good younguns as fontaine proved you just need games, but that said cant see where there going to get a chance as we cant afford to gamble now!!

That said would rather see them playing for city next year than some journeyman, sorry established prem player who just comes down for one season for the money and glory. Good luck to the younguns! Sure GJ knows when the time is right. Lot of gossip bout villa and everton though be a crying shame if they went.

Interesting observations. Looks like the senario which lends itself to a selection opportunity for any of the younger players is scarce indeed.

From the fans comments, If we are pushing for promotion, struggling to survive, or not wanting to drop any of the existing squad, then that is not the right time to blood them. Also, home games may be deemed to attract too much potential pressure from the fans. If these requirements all remain then the future looks bleak for any of the youngsters at the club.

I think the only way anyone can earn a place in the 16, is when the club feels they are better than the existing players and have earned their place through consistently training and playing resrve football, better than their colleagues.

Quite a tall order for anyone learning their trade at any club. Hence no young players making an appearance for City this season.

The most likely chance is probably by excelling during the pre season and actaully completing for a place on merit alone, at the start of the next season. That's the challenge for the younger lads, lets hope they can keep motivated and show us all what they can offer our club.

Ribeiro's good enough. We're weak in both full back position's IMHO. He isn't going to progress any more without playing first-team football. Whether you blood him now though is another matter...

It's not just down to being good enough, though. Bradley Orr may not be the world's greatest footballer but there can't be many in the league with greater drive and mental toughness than he has. Right now we need players who are going to stand up and be counted and Bradley's one who can be relied on.

Gary hasn't put too many youngsters in so far, only one really has been Jennison who he gave a debut too.

Problem is that since he's been here we have been VERY succesful as a club so the senior players deserve generally to keep their place, the only time so far that we have had nothing to play for was in his first season, and then it was only the last few games where we had missed the play-offs, recall he gave Jennison his debut at Southend?

It's not just down to being good enough, though. Bradley Orr may not be the world's greatest footballer but there can't be many in the league with greater drive and mental toughness than he has. Right now we need players who are going to stand up and be counted and Bradley's one who can be relied on.

Yeah I see your point. To me though, if you good enough you're old enough.

Personally, I think the ship has sailed for Ribeiro, or any other young un, to be given their chance this season. The prime opportunity was to put Ribeiro in when McAllister was out earlier on this year and later on when Orr was banned. Hull City at home was tailor made for him to come in but I agree that you need drive and mental toughness at the business end of the season, which are Orr's most valuable attributes. Whether or not that should mask over his lack of ability with a football is a debate for another day though.

Why are they not out on loan?! Brooker showed that you can make an impact at leagues 1 & 2...

I worry for Artus as he went down the leagues and never really cracked it.

Not sure about Artus, but Ribeiro was not allowed out on loan because he was considered too close to 1st team selection and the club did not want to risk him being unavailable for the first 28 days of the loan. Bournemnouth and Rovers!!! made approaches for him but were turned away. Either way looks any opportunities to be involved this season has passed for any of the promising young Pro's.

Not sure about Artus, but Ribeiro was not allowed out on loan because he was considered too close to 1st team selection and the club did not want to risk him being unavailable for the first 28 days of the loan. Bournemnouth and Rovers!!! made approaches for him but were turned away. Either way looks any opportunities to be involved this season has passed for any of the promising young Pro's.

Ah, ok - thanks for the info.

We are now in the "serious business end" of the season, so I do agree that maybe their chance have gone in our team for now.

I would prefer to see Riberio out on loan at somewhere like BMuff to get some action though...

Christian ribieo could deafinatley do a great job for us he would slot in no problem watched him a few times and hes head and shoulders above the rest don't realy no whats happened to tristian plummer he seems way off the mark now, been told frankie is on his last chance with gj due to his love of the thorn n late nights apparentley he was sent to a drink awareness centre a few weeks ago,my only fear is if we don't give cr a go he will wnt to go n play his footie else where n with several premiership clubs waiting to pounce could b are loss

Interesting observations. Looks like the senario which lends itself to a selection opportunity for any of the younger players is scarce indeed.

From the fans comments, If we are pushing for promotion, struggling to survive, or not wanting to drop any of the existing squad, then that is not the right time to blood them. Also, home games may be deemed to attract too much potential pressure from the fans. If these requirements all remain then the future looks bleak for any of the youngsters at the club.

I think the only way anyone can earn a place in the 16, is when the club feels they are better than the existing players and have earned their place through consistently training and playing resrve football, better than their colleagues.

Quite a tall order for anyone learning their trade at any club. Hence no young players making an appearance for City this season.

The most likely chance is probably by excelling during the pre season and actaully completing for a place on merit alone, at the start of the next season. That's the challenge for the younger lads, lets hope they can keep motivated and show us all what they can offer our club.

Surely this should be the only factor in determining whether or not the young uns get their shot?

All the youngsters have suffered due to our higher than expected position in the league all season. If we had been mid table i'm sure we would have seen a few including Plummer but GJ is right not to risk playing them with promotion still a possibility.

Next season, if we go up, would be even more difficult because we will probably loose more than we win and the last thing you want is to throw a youngster in at the deep end. If we are in the CCC then they may well all get a chance early on.

All the youngsters have suffered due to our higher than expected position in the league all season. If we had been mid table i'm sure we would have seen a few including Plummer but GJ is right not to risk playing them with promotion still a possibility.

Next season, if we go up, would be even more difficult because we will probably loose more than we win and the last thing you want is to throw a youngster in at the deep end. If we are in the CCC then they may well all get a chance early on.

IF we go up and IF we have a season like derby, then more than likely we will see some of the youngsters play some part towards the end of the season.

lets get this one out of the way first!

The boy at west ham has scored 24 goals in 25 reserve and youth team games Plummer was never near that number

Plummer:

Reserves. 5 starts, 3 sub, 1 goal

Academy. 16 starts, 2 sub, 7 goals

Taken from the main site, and sticking with the reserves form.

Artus, 5 starts, 3 goals from midfield.

Stambolsiev, 3 starts, 2 goals. Striker.

James Wilson, 7 starts, 2 goals, from the back.

Plummer will need to do more to get in the first squad..........a lot more.

Archived