IGNORED

Fa Cup In Our Favour?

Hicksy-BCFC

They say when you get closer to the end of the season you want to play the "Benidorm" teams.

Those looking more to their end of season break than focused on the games, you don't want to be playing the teams fighting for points up near the top or down near the bottom.

Cardiff - aren't going to go down, aren't going to go up.

In an FA Cup semi final at Wembley.

I remember seeing on you tube the game of City beating a top Liverpool team at the Gate in the old first division.

My old man who went down there said "yeah but bear in mind Liverpool had an FA Cup final the following week, they weren't interested in the 50-50's that night"

For this upcoming game, there will be -

1. Trundle-mania in the stadium. Could allow our more danger players like McIndoe to come under the radar a bit.

2. Players for Cardiff not wanting to get injured or carded for the FA Cup semi final.

If there was a "good time" to play Cardiff away then this is it surely?

They say when you get closer to the end of the season you want to play the "Benidorm" teams.

Those looking more to their end of season break than focused on the games, you don't want to be playing the teams fighting for points up near the top or down near the bottom.

Cardiff - aren't going to go down, aren't going to go up.

In an FA Cup semi final at Wembley.

I remember seeing on you tube the game of City beating a top Liverpool team at the Gate in the old first division.

My old man who went down there said "yeah but bear in mind Liverpool had an FA Cup final the following week, they weren't interested in the 50-50's that night"

For this upcoming game, there will be -

1. Trundle-mania in the stadium. Could allow our more danger players like McIndoe to come under the radar a bit.

2. Players for Cardiff not wanting to get injured or carded for the FA Cup semi final.

If there was a "good time" to play Cardiff away then this is it surely?

I agree, its a very good time to be playing the sheep sh4ggers.. Trundle will be getting loads of abuse, which I think he will thrive on (if selected) and his confidence will be up after his penalty on saturday.. This, hopefully, will mean that McIndoe and co will have more space to tear them apart!! They will be more focused on the cup and not wanting to get injured, so a couple of super marv tackles early on and they may bottle the tackles after that..

Then again, it is City v Cardiff, their fans will get on their backs if they don't give it everything against us.

Don't forget Hasselbaink's red card which should see him suspended for Saturday.

They've appealed against it.

And don't forget, they appeal to the Welsh FA not the English FA, who obviously have no vested interest in giving their highest placed side in the English leagues the best possible chance of success...

Especially if they get a bit of bad news this week and Sam Hammam is allowed his money back.. :fingerscrossed:

If the Court rules in Hamman's favour then Risdale has already stated they would go into immediate bankruptcy, thus 10 points deducted and they are in a relegation spot, 4 points from safety. Not good news really if it happens this week as the decision is to be announced on Wednesday(?).

Although I wouldn't be decimated if Hamman won. :innocent06:

They've appealed against it.

And don't forget, they appeal to the Welsh FA not the English FA, who obviously have no vested interest in giving their highest placed side in the English leagues the best possible chance of success...

Which is why they should not get a uefa cup place through the FA cup imo.

Which is why they should not get a uefa cup place through the FA cup imo.

Why are they allowed to do this?

If they want to appeal to the Welsh FA then let them play in the League of Wales with Barry Town, Fishguard etc.

If they want to play in the English leagues then it has to be governed by the English FA.

Load of bollox.

Why are they allowed to do this?

If they want to appeal to the Welsh FA then let them play in the League of Wales with Barry Town, Fishguard etc.

If they want to play in the English leagues then it has to be governed by the English FA.

Load of bollox.

Quite.

I've just watched the incident and Hasselbaink is facing the keeper when he puts his foot up, so clearly knows where the keeper is. It's not like the Mido one against Arsenal where he was following the ball and didn't see the player.

Anyway, not much point discussiing it really, as the FAW will rescind it.

Archived