IGNORED

A View On Steve Brooker

Guest mesa boogie

Guest mesa boogie

Hello you horrible bunch of swines,

As I went up to Nam on Saturday I thought I'd give you a view on Mr Brookers desplay (cross your legs Sarah!). He did OK I suppose, had 2 chances and put one away. Looked very lazy though and had no pace at all, don't know what he was like pre-injuries but if pace was ever part of his game it isn't now. Typical poachers display, I guess if that's what you need he could do a job. On the other hand he could be like Walker and struggle with the step up. Keogh I was impressed with though, got a lot of stick but had a giggle with us. Seems like a nice chap for a wrong un and played ruddy well.

Anyway catch you later you horrible lot.

Guest mesa boogie
How you can compare Brooker to the sh1te footballer that Walker is god only knows, and I'm sure hes got more pace than fatty Lambert. Fact is he did Phillips over and I'm sure he was very pleased to put one past the twot.

You make me giggle sweetheart.

To compare Brooker to any of that shower of shyte up north is criminal! :city:

MM

I'll be honest, I don't think Brooker would cut it in this league.

He's ok in League 1 where the defenders are average at best - in this league I don't think he'd be good enough.

We do need a striker but bringing back Brooker isn't the answer to our problems I'm afraid, much as I would like it to be.

I wouldn't compare him to any Rovers players. A bunch of players that are lower League 1 at best is a bit below us to even talk about.

Their season will now fizzle to a 17th place dud.

Hello you horrible bunch of swines,

As I went up to Nam on Saturday I thought I'd give you a view on Mr Brookers desplay (cross your legs Sarah!). He did OK I suppose, had 2 chances and put one away. Looked very lazy though and had no pace at all, don't know what he was like pre-injuries but if pace was ever part of his game it isn't now. Typical poachers display, I guess if that's what you need he could do a job.

That's exactly what we need. We're creating the chances, just need someone to stick them away.

Guest mesa boogie

I think most of you took the comparison to Walks out of context, I said he may struggle with the step up as Walks has done. Silly buggers.

Guest mesa boogie
Brooker was our best player when fit in league one. If the rest of the squad can step up as well as they have why on earth couldn't he?

I think when fit is the issue, by the look of it he still needs games under his belt for some people on here to expect him to be the last piece of the jigsaw is a bit unfair on the bloke. As I said above he looked slow and some what lazy at times but was in the right place at the right time. He may be able to do a job for you but I can only comment on what I've seen.

I don't think its a case of if he has the ability to step up or not, I think its a case of is he actually fit enough to make the step up? because football at this level is surely a lot more demanding fitness wise than league 1? you have to remember he hasnt had a pre-season so will he be able to last long enough in game to really make that difference for us?

For the people who say he wont be good enough for the championship and is a league 1 players, isn't most of our team?? They stepped it up, so couldnt Brooker? i believe it's worth a go without a doubt.

I''l back you there mate ! if SB was not good enough GJ or the club would not have spent all that money on surgery or ship him out with a 24hr recall if he felt he was not good enough.

like you said GJ likes to stick with his team that took us there into ccc well SB was part of it ??? alot of players also played 3rd and 4th tier ftb and there coping so why cant SB, all players start some where look at BASSO non league sever seasons ago and now he is voted best keeper in ccc, bring him back now :englandflag:

Archived